Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

D1SC Results

This is a discussion on D1SC Results within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; OP - Did you get the D1SC from Speed Inc also? What brand/size injectors did you go with? 60lb? Walbro ...

  1. #21
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    OP - Did you get the D1SC from Speed Inc also?

    What brand/size injectors did you go with? 60lb?
    Walbro fuel pump?
    Gauges?

    Just curious.

  2. #22
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Traction is probably gonna suck for you on the street no matter what.

  3. #23
    🤔 11s. blackbirdbrain89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hagerstown, mercersburg
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,844

    black trans am
    2000

    dude time to play safe and drop ur oil pan and toss a set of rod bolts in that thing b4 u pop the eng

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    62

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    OP - Did you get the D1SC from Speed Inc also?

    What brand/size injectors did you go with? 60lb?
    Walbro fuel pump?
    Gauges?

    Just curious.
    Yes, it's a D1SC 8 rib setup from Speed Inc. I purchased all parts through them - they were very helpful in ironing out everything that was needed to make the power safely and reliably.

    Motron 60# injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump.

    Gauges are Autometer Sport Comp IIs - Boost, Wideband O2 and Trans Temp in an Autometer A-pillar setup.

    Hope that helps!

    M/T ET Streets (275/40R17s) going on Saturday morning just in time for the track.

  5. #25
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Awesome! Thanks. Good luck at the track and be sure to post up your drag strip thread in here so we can all see the results!

  6. #26
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    Yes, it's a D1SC 8 rib setup from Speed Inc. I purchased all parts through them - they were very helpful in ironing out everything that was needed to make the power safely and reliably.

    Motron 60# injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump.

    Gauges are Autometer Sport Comp IIs - Boost, Wideband O2 and Trans Temp in an Autometer A-pillar setup.

    Hope that helps!

    M/T ET Streets (275/40R17s) going on Saturday morning just in time for the track.
    so your running stock suspension?
    and how much was the total with install?

  7. #27
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Doubt he is going to tell you how much everything ran....

    Lots. More than probably most people's cars are worth.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    62

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    so your running stock suspension?
    and how much was the total with install?
    I have 3 point SFCs, STB, Adj. LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, Adj. Panhard bar and Adj. Koni's on the car. Stock torque arm though.

    As far as total investment, 35th is correct and puts it in the appropriate ballpark. For those seriously interested, I would suggest either researching the parts prices if you want to do it yourself or call a local, reputable shop for an estimate.

    It's certainly not cheap, but it's a pretty incredible level of power, and I'd rather pay a little more to run it safely than cut corners.

    Got rained out early on track day, so we've rescheduled for the 24th. Mickey's are on and they are AWESOME - night and day difference. Car still breaks loose when it wants to, but it's nowhere near the danger level before. Tracks straight even when it gets loose.

  9. #29
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    i see. well idk. after going to the LSX Fest it made me feel worthless being all stock...watching them run 10s and 11s makes me feel the need for some upgrades.....major upgrades

  10. #30
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    i see. well idk. after going to the LSX Fest it made me feel worthless being all stock...watching them run 10s and 11s makes me feel the need for some upgrades.....major upgrades
    Just put it this way, at the age of 17, you should be putting money towards Roth IRA's and other savings avenues You will thank me later when you are older, have yourself a well established career, and are making a lot more money to where you can afford the things like a S/C.

    Hell, even me being 32 and a Senior Project Engineer and being single I have been saving for the Procharger well over a year now. It will probably be close to 2 and after I get it, I won't be hitting the bars/clubs every weekend like I do now Shit is expensive.

  11. #31
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just put it this way, at the age of 17, you should be putting money towards Roth IRA's and other savings avenues You will thank me later when you are older, have yourself a well established career, and are making a lot more money to where you can afford the things like a S/C.

    Hell, even me being 32 and a Senior Project Engineer and being single I have been saving for the Procharger well over a year now. It will probably be close to 2 and after I get it, I won't be hitting the bars/clubs every weekend like I do now Shit is expensive.
    amen brother lol

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    62

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    i see. well idk. after going to the LSX Fest it made me feel worthless being all stock...watching them run 10s and 11s makes me feel the need for some upgrades.....major upgrades
    My humble advice then is to make sure you're doing it for yourself and not to compete with or impress anyone else. If that's why you do it you usually end up regretting the purchase because it wasn't for you, it was for the reaction of others and that will wear off sooner or later. It's worth it if you really want to do it, but it's a lot of money to spend to be unhappy later.

    You can definitely be proud of the car you have and enjoy it for that as well - I'm no old man, but to have a Trans Am period is pretty cool, especially at that age. I am the original owner of this car, so it's taken me 8 years to get around to doing this.

    I definitely don't want to sound preachy, just thought I would share some advice and put some perspective on things for whatever it's worth. It's easy to get carried away at a meet like that or in a forum where it seems like EVERYONE has a 9 second car, but the reality is most aren't running those times. I'm sure I would get dominated by a good batch of cars at that meet.

    Plus, I think if I were 17 I would put a 600+ hp car into a tree/wall/ditch/etc...I have to be careful now, haha.

  13. #33
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    My humble advice then is to make sure you're doing it for yourself and not to compete with or impress anyone else. If that's why you do it you usually end up regretting the purchase because it wasn't for you, it was for the reaction of others and that will wear off sooner or later. It's worth it if you really want to do it, but it's a lot of money to spend to be unhappy later.

    You can definitely be proud of the car you have and enjoy it for that as well - I'm no old man, but to have a Trans Am period is pretty cool, especially at that age. I am the original owner of this car, so it's taken me 8 years to get around to doing this.

    I definitely don't want to sound preachy, just thought I would share some advice and put some perspective on things for whatever it's worth. It's easy to get carried away at a meet like that or in a forum where it seems like EVERYONE has a 9 second car, but the reality is most aren't running those times. I'm sure I would get dominated by a good batch of cars at that meet.

    Plus, I think if I were 17 I would put a 600+ hp car into a tree/wall/ditch/etc...I have to be careful now, haha.
    good points...
    and i amproud and love my car...
    just because i want to upgradei t doesnt mean i dont love my car. but i understand what your saying

  14. #34
    215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lima,ohio
    Age
    33
    Posts
    157

    White
    2000 trans am

    hell ya badass...awesome numbers

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    62

    Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Thumbs up Track Results

    All,

    I wanted to share for whoever was interested...I finally got to the track over the weekend and made two passes. Temps were in the mid 60's.

    The first was on relatively cold Mickey's to simulate a street launch/run for my own interests:

    60' - 2.10 (I know, I know)
    1/4 - 12.28 @ 116

    Second run was with full burnout prep:

    60' - 1.98
    1/4 - 11.94 @ 117


    Overall, I was very happy. If anything's lacking, it's the driver, haha. Car behaved really well, felt good through the entire run. The shift points need to be adjusted up, but they were a little conservative because the car was having traction issues on the dyno with the old tires. That plus a nice stall and trans in the spring and I think some low 11's are very doable if the driver can get it together.


    I'm not a regular track visitor, and it was the first time running this setup, so I think it went well. Sorry, I don't have timeslips on me here, but if I get some time I can scan them up later.

  16. #36
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Yeah that 60' is killing you. Nice results though.

  17. #37
    Member TransAmX2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    40
    Posts
    295

    Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

    Grats, nice numbers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: ls1 with d1sc
    By brmct1 in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
  2. wtb d1sc
    By josepy121380 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 07:55 AM
  3. WTB: P1SC or D1SC kit
    By JC70SS in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM
  4. PROCHARGER D1SC Set up
    By Wombat in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:04 PM
  5. LT1 D1SC Help!
    By jmangler in forum LT1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 08:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •