Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

D1SC Results

This is a discussion on D1SC Results within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; OP - Did you get the D1SC from Speed Inc also? What brand/size injectors did you go with? 60lb? Walbro ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OP - Did you get the D1SC from Speed Inc also?

What brand/size injectors did you go with? 60lb?
    Walbro fuel pump?
    Gauges?

Just curious.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Traction is probably gonna suck for you on the street no matter what.

black trans am

dude time to play safe and drop ur oil pan and toss a set of rod bolts in that thing b4 u pop the eng

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    OP - Did you get the D1SC from Speed Inc also?

What brand/size injectors did you go with? 60lb?
    Walbro fuel pump?
    Gauges?

Just curious.
    Yes, it's a D1SC 8 rib setup from Speed Inc. I purchased all parts through them - they were very helpful in ironing out everything that was needed to make the power safely and reliably.

Motron 60# injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump.

Gauges are Autometer Sport Comp IIs - Boost, Wideband O2 and Trans Temp in an Autometer A-pillar setup.

Hope that helps!

M/T ET Streets (275/40R17s) going on Saturday morning just in time for the track.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Awesome! Thanks. Good luck at the track and be sure to post up your drag strip thread in here so we can all see the results!

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    Yes, it's a D1SC 8 rib setup from Speed Inc. I purchased all parts through them - they were very helpful in ironing out everything that was needed to make the power safely and reliably.

Motron 60# injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump.

Gauges are Autometer Sport Comp IIs - Boost, Wideband O2 and Trans Temp in an Autometer A-pillar setup.

Hope that helps!

M/T ET Streets (275/40R17s) going on Saturday morning just in time for the track.
    so your running stock suspension?
    and how much was the total with install?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Doubt he is going to tell you how much everything ran....

Lots. More than probably most people's cars are worth.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    so your running stock suspension?
    and how much was the total with install?
    I have 3 point SFCs, STB, Adj. LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, Adj. Panhard bar and Adj. Koni's on the car. Stock torque arm though.

As far as total investment, 35th is correct and puts it in the appropriate ballpark. For those seriously interested, I would suggest either researching the parts prices if you want to do it yourself or call a local, reputable shop for an estimate.

It's certainly not cheap, but it's a pretty incredible level of power, and I'd rather pay a little more to run it safely than cut corners.

Got rained out early on track day, so we've rescheduled for the 24th. Mickey's are on and they are AWESOME - night and day difference. Car still breaks loose when it wants to, but it's nowhere near the danger level before. Tracks straight even when it gets loose.

Impounded
    i see. well idk. after going to the LSX Fest it made me feel worthless being all stock...watching them run 10s and 11s makes me feel the need for some upgrades.....major upgrades

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

i see. well idk. after going to the LSX Fest it made me feel worthless being all stock...watching them run 10s and 11s makes me feel the need for some upgrades.....major upgrades
    Just put it this way, at the age of 17, you should be putting money towards Roth IRA's and other savings avenues You will thank me later when you are older, have yourself a well established career, and are making a lot more money to where you can afford the things like a S/C.

Hell, even me being 32 and a Senior Project Engineer and being single I have been saving for the Procharger well over a year now. It will probably be close to 2 and after I get it, I won't be hitting the bars/clubs every weekend like I do now Shit is expensive.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just put it this way, at the age of 17, you should be putting money towards Roth IRA's and other savings avenues You will thank me later when you are older, have yourself a well established career, and are making a lot more money to where you can afford the things like a S/C.

Hell, even me being 32 and a Senior Project Engineer and being single I have been saving for the Procharger well over a year now. It will probably be close to 2 and after I get it, I won't be hitting the bars/clubs every weekend like I do now Shit is expensive.
    amen brother lol

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

My humble advice then is to make sure you're doing it for yourself and not to compete with or impress anyone else. If that's why you do it you usually end up regretting the purchase because it wasn't for you, it was for the reaction of others and that will wear off sooner or later. It's worth it if you really want to do it, but it's a lot of money to spend to be unhappy later.

You can definitely be proud of the car you have and enjoy it for that as well - I'm no old man, but to have a Trans Am period is pretty cool, especially at that age. I am the original owner of this car, so it's taken me 8 years to get around to doing this.

I definitely don't want to sound preachy, just thought I would share some advice and put some perspective on things for whatever it's worth. It's easy to get carried away at a meet like that or in a forum where it seems like EVERYONE has a 9 second car, but the reality is most aren't running those times. I'm sure I would get dominated by a good batch of cars at that meet.

Plus, I think if I were 17 I would put a 600+ hp car into a tree/wall/ditch/etc...I have to be careful now, haha.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    My humble advice then is to make sure you're doing it for yourself and not to compete with or impress anyone else. If that's why you do it you usually end up regretting the purchase because it wasn't for you, it was for the reaction of others and that will wear off sooner or later. It's worth it if you really want to do it, but it's a lot of money to spend to be unhappy later.

You can definitely be proud of the car you have and enjoy it for that as well - I'm no old man, but to have a Trans Am period is pretty cool, especially at that age. I am the original owner of this car, so it's taken me 8 years to get around to doing this.

I definitely don't want to sound preachy, just thought I would share some advice and put some perspective on things for whatever it's worth. It's easy to get carried away at a meet like that or in a forum where it seems like EVERYONE has a 9 second car, but the reality is most aren't running those times. I'm sure I would get dominated by a good batch of cars at that meet.

Plus, I think if I were 17 I would put a 600+ hp car into a tree/wall/ditch/etc...I have to be careful now, haha.
    good points...
    and i amproud and love my car...
    just because i want to upgradei t doesnt mean i dont love my car. but i understand what your saying

215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar

White
    2000 trans am

hell ya badass...awesome numbers

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up Track Results

All,

I wanted to share for whoever was interested...I finally got to the track over the weekend and made two passes. Temps were in the mid 60's.

The first was on relatively cold Mickey's to simulate a street launch/run for my own interests:

60' - 2.10 (I know, I know)
    1/4 - 12.28 @ 116

Second run was with full burnout prep:

60' - 1.98
    1/4 - 11.94 @ 117

Overall, I was very happy. If anything's lacking, it's the driver, haha. Car behaved really well, felt good through the entire run. The shift points need to be adjusted up, but they were a little conservative because the car was having traction issues on the dyno with the old tires. That plus a nice stall and trans in the spring and I think some low 11's are very doable if the driver can get it together.

I'm not a regular track visitor, and it was the first time running this setup, so I think it went well. Sorry, I don't have timeslips on me here, but if I get some time I can scan them up later.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah that 60' is killing you. Nice results though.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Grats, nice numbers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information