Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Aps build underway presently..

This is a discussion on Aps build underway presently.. within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; All in all though, great build, congrats. Can't wait to see dyno numbers....

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Great Build

All in all though, great build, congrats. Can't wait to see dyno numbers.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

suscribed

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Update..not too much new. Been driving it some staying pretty much out of boost for engine break in. Have about 250 miles on the new combo now. So far so good.

Might get another week of driving in but it has to go away soon even if want to keep driving it . Going to be a long winter and long wait for spring. Knowing that thing is sleeping in the garage is just sweet torture.

Tonite on the cold roads I learned an important lesson. I was not paying enough attention and was checking my scantool which is for now just ziptied to the rearview.

I gave it maybe 50% throttle and it hit boost and goodbye tires car got a bit out of control...quite a bit but got it back under control and paid a lot more attention to it after that! You have to respect a built 408 even without turbos ! Forget that at your peril.My old nittos are not the best on cold roads either. Time for some new ones next season. Should maybe get et street radials instead but they really don't last very long. Course nittos don't last very long either if spin them off all the time.

I feel stupid to ask but how far north is Regina? (I'm originally from Florida, not familiar with the north)

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Regina is in central Canada. Just north of North Dakota. Thousands of miles from Floriday and way way colder . Our temps which are actually above normal for this time of year are like 40 degrees for todays high and pretty sure its like 30 out there now in your F scale we use celsius up here.

I see, no wonder you had traction issues so early in the season. I'm currently in NY for college right now so I'm starting to experience the cold here. Forgive me, perhaps my earlier post was a bit deceptive, and I know my avatar says Florida, but I've only been here for about 2 months, I still don't know the area, my ride is back home, and a dorm doesn't count as legal residence. With all that said I didn't want to pass as a poser talking as if I'd been in NY all along.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

APS Kit

Where is the best place to buy the full complete APS TT kit? And have you got any dyno numbers yet?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    Where is the best place to buy the full complete APS TT kit? And have you got any dyno numbers yet?
    I wanted to know the same. I am looking at getting their windshield washer tank...

lol.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Aps has many dealers and they have a website. It has phone numbers but no direct email listed dont think.
    You can go to ls1tech search the threads and pm peter he was usually on the ls1tech boards a lot so not 100% sure he will read the pm and not sure if his email is listed.

the basic kit is think around 6000 plus shipping now. The upgrade f body kit is think 7000 or so plus shipping.
    I doubt they will sell any part from their kits they normally refuse to so not much chance you wil get that windshield washer tank separate.

I have no further upgrades now till spring. My car is parked in garage its winter here now till end of march.
    I am assembling my last mods to install by spring. Finish my twin pump fuel system, get my dana 60 , get my 4l80e fully build trans and nice stall. Get direct port nitrous and alc injection. Thats pretty much all thats left to do to finish up the car. Then hopefully some track and dyno numbers in the new year. But it won't be till june or so our tracks don't even open till then.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 99TAWS6 View Post
    I doubt they will sell any part from their kits they normally refuse to so not much chance you wil get that windshield washer tank separate.....

where does that leave people who are trying to get spares if they own the kit, whether buying it themselves or getting it used?

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

I didn't say they wouldn't sell replacement parts to kit owners. Just that don't think they selll any parts to non owners.

Oh Frost how is that m6 to 4l80e wiring thing coming along. I would be very interested in one.Not doing the swap for three or four months but want to do it for sure in spring.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 99TAWS6 View Post
    I didn't say they wouldn't sell replacement parts to kit owners. Just that don't think they selll any parts to non owners.

Oh Frost how is that m6 to 4l80e wiring thing coming along. I would be very interested in one.Not doing the swap for three or four months but want to do it for sure in spring.
    have a guy trying one out right now, so I'm sure it'll be finalized within a week or two.

seems crazy to selective sell things that you... well.... are trying to sell.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

they'll sell it if you ask and are willing to pay the shipping cost to come from Australia.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    i just recently dyno'd my 402 tt and at 9psi on pump gas it made 729rwhp and 789rwtq through an M6 and stock rear/gears just to give ya an idea. power is gonna vary depending on your engine size and boost levels but a few of us that have this kit on a 402 have seen very good results on lower boost settings.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

i am selling my aps tt kit, it has been opened but never installed. I am asking 4400 for it. If anybody is interested, you can see the reason why i am selling it in the western members forum, 69 in twins for 99 out.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Bit of update..
    My car is still sleeping in the garage and hoping to get it on the road by April 1. Sometimes get it out a week or so earlier all depends on the weather. Daytime temps are only around 10 to maybe 15 F here currently but we did get a couple of fluke days of mid 30s a few weeks back which is very rare for up here.
    I have ordered a few mods but not too many big ones as our dollar is pretty low right now and just about everything I need to buy is US made.

I am continuing to assemble stuff for my auto swap. Will be going to FLT stage 5 4l80e and just bought a Yank PY3400e stall. Bought bmr tranny crossmember, sfi flexplate from speed inc. Lokar dipstick, b and m trans cooler. Have hptuners to all me to keep electronic functions and hoping to buy m6 to 4l80e harness from Frost.

Shortly will be ordering a dual intank fuel system with new lines, boost referenced reg ,new rails. Likely go up from my current 60 pounders to 80s high impedence . They have more options in that 80 or so range high impedence now. Think 80s should be enough.

Want to get a strange s60 and last mods are alc injection and direct port nitrous. Also getting new mags and tires this year. Likely run et street radials but may try out some 315 nittos first. NIttos last much longer but et street radials are king for stickability.

May also add this race logic traction control system. My car has no traction control factory and really a car with this much power needs one.

I had a dud aps turbo so bought some new centersections with upgraded wheels to install. I will try to send my old aps housings to aps for warranty but did install the kit after a year so not sure if they will give me replacement.

Looking forward big time to spring.

Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

Wow I envy you. Bamf car.

RED
    1999 TRANS AM WS6

Thanks for the compliment.

Black
    1999 Blazer LS 2DR

No problem. Car looks great, probably runs even better.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

it's nearing easter, how does that sexy beast run?

Steve

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information