Silver
    1998 camaro z28

anyone tried or have any opinions on this turbo system?

saw this on ebay for CHEAP!
    wondering if anyone has tried it, knows someone who's tried it. or has an opinion on it....

http://tinyurl.com/29dyf6

http://tinyurl.com/29dyf6

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Doesn't really come with much for that price......

"Our kit does not include a turbocharger, wastegate, or intercooler kit. In order to fully install this kit, you will need to purchase silicone couplers, t-bolt clamps, turbo oil feed and drain lines, and intercooler kit. Unfortunately we do not sell these items, but you can find them at other retailers."

Plus they dont tell you that you have to remove your a/c......I like how they offer no returns.....if it were me....I'd stay away from them.....that's just me...

Silver
    1998 camaro z28

i feel like an idiot. i always read the fine print, but i hate it when they post pictures of a complete kit to trick people. it was late at night when i saw this, and was curious. thanks for the close examination of the wording

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Doesn't really come with much for that price......

"Our kit does not include a turbocharger, wastegate, or intercooler kit. In order to fully install this kit, you will need to purchase silicone couplers, t-bolt clamps, turbo oil feed and drain lines, and intercooler kit. Unfortunately we do not sell these items, but you can find them at other retailers."

Plus they dont tell you that you have to remove your a/c......I like how they offer no returns.....if it were me....I'd stay away from them.....that's just me...
    You don't know what you are talking about. This kit KEEPs the A/C.

That is a copy of PTK's hot parts to a T. I have the PTK kit. There are 2 guys on ls1tech with these hot parts going on right now, should know something soon. They look damn good for the price.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

[QUOTE=Frost;1010239]You don't know what you are talking about. This kit KEEPs the A/C.

That is a copy of PTK's hot parts to a T. I have the PTK kit. There are 2 guys on ls1tech with these hot parts going on right now, should know something soon. They look damn good for the price.[/QUOTE

Do you own one? Gonna buy one? I'm talking about THIS kit. Like you said, it's a copy! With their policy of no returns it seems to me that once you put your money down you're stuck with it. They sit there and put a picture of a turbo, intercooler and wastegate to make you think at first you're getting a great deal. But after you read the fine print you dont get a lot. And for that price it's crazy! You're not getting much of anything. Basically piping! Hell I could make two kits for that price! Let a few hit the street and lets see how they do. But bottom line is you can get kits out there cheaper that are better and have more.
    Last edited by cailey37; 09-15-2007 at 06:50 AM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I own the PTK kit, and pipe wise (minus material) this is the EXACT same kit. It keeps the A/C and all pipes go OVER the stock k-member. It IS a great deal; it's cheaper than the STS setup for a turbo that's on the right end of the car You get hot parts; the cold side is cheap and easy. Go to Pro Turbo Systems website and find out how much they sell the kit for if you don't think these hot parts are a deal.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Reading through his negative feedback the guy has had left for him, he is a real dick. Charged one guy 120 dollars shipping, when UPS told him it was only 44.24 to ship it. He replied, "You agreed to terms before buying, the negative feedback was very childish and uncalled for". I seen one where the guys turbo blew up. And anyone who seems to have a problem and want a refund, he calls them con artist trying to rip him off. What a scammer.

Thread Information