Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

anyone interested in a single turbo underhood kit?

This is a discussion on anyone interested in a single turbo underhood kit? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I don't know if he even wants to attempt it anymore for whatever reason. I don't know if it was ...

central wisconsin
    I don't know if he even wants to attempt it anymore for whatever reason. I don't know if it was realistic to begin with, I would have given him a chance, but his exposure from the other site seemed to put a major damper on things, he hasn't even posted in a long time..............

if i had all you jackass's harping on me i definately wouldnt sell you a kit for half of what most offer it for

i do however think it is a bit optimistic to expect 575hp @ 8psi with no intercooler

with the 70 and an intercooler it would be a breeze... although you would still have to run more then 8lbs..

another thing.. i hate when people say "the rods let go at 20psi" 20psi on a T3 .42/.48 is alot different then 20psi on a SC61 for example. power and detonation break engines....not boost

Louisville KY

2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by rwd_boostdscoobLS1
    with a 1.05 a/r?
    a turbo good for 680 hp for the base kit, and the upgrade with a turbo good for 900 hp?
    the upgraded kit will have an intercooler... the base kit will be available with an intercooler. but there is no need for an intercooler at 7 psi.. intercoolers are overrated for anything under 10 psi..
    yes you get colder air, but you also get lag, slower response, boost control issues...
    believe me i know all about intercoolers too so please dont try to lecture me on it..
    i had a stock 2.0 l subaru motor pushing 23 psi.. never skipped a beat.. read up on subaru blocks you'll see why thats amazing..
    considering rods are known to go at 20...
    its all in the tune, and for anything under 10 psi the 8-10 degrees warmer air will be worth it for the quickness and laglessness it will get..

I am interested too but how can a system builder not know that 10 psi air will be 100 hotter than ambient. E85 may be the answer rather than an intercooler.

South FL

2000 Camaro SS

Anyone heard from him from the kits, I wanna know the outcome of the battle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information