Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

anyone interested in a single turbo underhood kit?

we are in the prototype phase of offering these kits to everyone.. we will be retailing them for $3000 .. shipped...
    will include a t-60 turbo, or t-70 whichever you choose...
    blow off valve, and boost controller, piping will be all bolt on, and will include a downpipe to reconnect to factory, or aftermarket exhaust.. everything needed except for tuning...

trying to get an idea of pre sales estimates..

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

A turbo is on my list in about 2 years.

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

ya im also looking into a turbo, but its aimed as a long term goal...they arent cheap

ram air ws6

I'm definately interested in a turbo setup for my car. Let me know when you have more details about your kit. Do you have any pics?

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

not just yet. we should have the first kit in about 3 weeks... done and on the car.. im even gonna dyno tune it to get good numbers.. this will be for stock bottom end cars... the kit we're doin now will have the t-60 on it..
    should get around 575 to the wheels... not sure if fuel will be an issue.. if it becomes an issue at around 8 psi, then we might have to include injectors or a boost pump with the kit..

white
    1998 trans am

i'm in just let me know when it is ready.

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

word... excellent response for less than 24 hours.. we'll get cracking on it.. we're just trying to finance everything right now, and still be able to eat..lol...

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

i want a turbo for my ls1.

i want to see details and pictures when they are avaliable.

is this kit going to be intercooled?

what kind of mods will be required under the hood to fit a unit like this such as cutting and relocation?

thanks.
    Click for full size
    2000 Camaro SS Black Loaded LS1 6-Speed T-Tops, STS Rear-Mount Turbo, 42Lb Injectors, Racetronixs Fuel pump upgrade system, Custom Tune by Rick Squires @ STS Turbo, Goodyear F1 DS-G3 275 40zr17's. 3.73Rear End.

torch red
    99 c5

Fit Corvette

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

yes we will be making one for the vette... there will be no cutting... only a simple thing that i cant divulge just yet..

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

we're still weighing our options, might just have the a/c relocated, or eliminated...

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

why would you want it to be intercooled? the basic kits will not be intercooled.. because the design we're making, there will be very little heat near the intake..
    there will be an upgrade option for $400 that will provide a front mount and the corresponding pipes..
    but for now our kits are for quick reliable boost... if you wanna turn it up past the recommended settings your gonna need fuel, and a good tune..
    but it will still be better than the relocated turbo kits.. we're trying to provide good boost for less.. no fancy robot welding.. just all handbuilt..

quicky06
    you wont get those numbers on pump gas with out an intercooler.

the air coming out of the turbo will be way to hot

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

with a 1.05 a/r?
    a turbo good for 680 hp for the base kit, and the upgrade with a turbo good for 900 hp?
    the upgraded kit will have an intercooler... the base kit will be available with an intercooler. but there is no need for an intercooler at 7 psi.. intercoolers are overrated for anything under 10 psi..
    yes you get colder air, but you also get lag, slower response, boost control issues...
    believe me i know all about intercoolers too so please dont try to lecture me on it..
    i had a stock 2.0 l subaru motor pushing 23 psi.. never skipped a beat.. read up on subaru blocks you'll see why thats amazing..
    considering rods are known to go at 20...
    its all in the tune, and for anything under 10 psi the 8-10 degrees warmer air will be worth it for the quickness and laglessness it will get..

Maroon
    1993 Z-28

I'm interested as well. I'll be unloading my 93 and picking up an ls1 car in the next couple of months and a turbo is at the top of my immediate must do list for it.

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

we'll have everything ready by the middle of april.. including dyno results and possibly even the base tuning map for LS1edit, and hptuners..
    let me know if theres anything else you want us to include.. we're doing this all for $3K shipped...we're also gonna look at 3" full exhaust systems out of stainless for you guys too..
    let me know what you guys want out of the kit, and what you expect.. customer service will be top priority..

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

from what ive gathered fuel injectors are good for around 600 flywheel hp...
    so we're gonna try for 520 whp with no injector upgrades... sound good for $3K?

Quote Originally Posted by rwd_boostdscoobLS1
    from what ive gathered fuel injectors are good for around 600 flywheel hp...
    so we're gonna try for 520 whp with no injector upgrades... sound good for $3K?
    Well from reading this post, I can say there is about a 0% chance you'll achieve any of the goals you've set forth....I get this 0% from seeing what previous turbo builders have been able to do. Don't take this as a knock in any way, just trying to help, I understand you've been around turbos a long time and know all there is to know about intercoolers.

T-60 and 575rwhp......
    Not sure if fuel will be an issue.... (injectors and pump at the minimum)
    1.05 A/R and no lag.....
    No intercooler.....
    Your turbo system on the stock short block

I'm going to give you a heads up for your build, do what your planning to do and state that your HP goals are something like 400rwhp.

If you really want 500+, then tell your potential customer they will need injectors and a pump at the minimum, that toy turbo isn't gonna cut it, try something closer to a 76, your gonna need an intercooler, adding meth is a good idea, and be prepared to build a short block cause it might go.

Lastly, what manifolds are you using? Making them on your own or flipping some truck manifolds backwards? If they are truck headers, I don't think the AC will work and the alternator needs to be relocated. If your making them on your own, what type of metal are you using? 304 is prone to cracking, 321 is better but more expensive.

Good luck, but I just don't see it happening

Blue
    2002 Subaru WRX

and why does everyone think you need a 100mm turbo to get 700 hp on a v8...
    have you ever seen a 700 hp import with a 100mm turbo on it?
    they must be doing something right if they have half the displacement and a 60 trim turbo, putting down 600 whp numbers....
    things are still being worked out.. of course our actual results are probably gonna be lower than our initial intentions..
    thats where the tuning will come in..
    and stock shortblocks are good for 650whp... depending on the tune..
    the base kit will not push these limits..
    the upgraded kits will come with injectors and a pump if needed..
    and please tell me what your basis for comparison is..seeing as this is your first post?
    ive had four turbo cars, pushed to the limits...
    ive been studying plenty.. and im not gonna bench race my turbo kits.. when they are done the dyno results will speak for themselves... no diluted numbers either... stock kit will be just that... no intercooler, no cam, no injector upgrades...
    you can be a skeptic all you want.. critiscm isnt going to affect me when my numbers post..dish it out all you want...
    the base kit comes with a super 62-1 turbo.. with .84 and optional .96 A/R or optional t70... they are the same price to us, so we'll make them the same price to you...
    the upgrade is a GT45 turbo..
    just because im not a kit builder that has been around a long time doesnt mean i cant offer the same thing they do for less $$$... dont be diluted by name brands..
    Last edited by rwd_boostdscoobLS1; 03-19-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwd_boostdscoobLS1
    and why does everyone think you need a 100mm turbo to get 700 hp on a v8...
    have you ever seen a 700 hp import with a 100mm turbo on it?
    they must be doing something right if they have half the displacement and a 60 trim turbo, putting down 600 whp numbers....
    things are still being worked out.. of course our actual results are probably gonna be lower than our initial intentions..
    thats where the tuning will come in..
    and stock shortblocks are good for 650whp... depending on the tune..
    the base kit will not push these limits..
    the upgraded kits will come with injectors and a pump if needed..
    and please tell me what your basis for comparison is..seeing as this is your first post?
    ive had four turbo cars, pushed to the limits...
    ive been studying plenty.. and im not gonna bench race my turbo kits.. when they are done the dyno results will speak for themselves... no diluted numbers either... stock kit will be just that... no intercooler, no cam, no injector upgrades...
    you can be a skeptic all you want.. critiscm isnt going to affect me when my numbers post..dish it out all you want...
    the base kit comes with a super 62-1 turbo.. with .84 and optional .96 A/R or optional t70... they are the same price to us, so we'll make them the same price to you...
    the upgrade is a GT45 turbo..
    just because im not a kit builder that has been around a long time doesnt mean i cant offer the same thing they do for less $$$... dont be diluted by name brands..
    Post this over at LS1Tech...I don't waste my time with this board....and I do admit I am a turbo newb, just been reading for a few years now....and everything I have stated above....well its been said a million times....Just reading over some of your stuff tells me your a newb to a turbo LS1 also. Seriously you've gotta be out of your mind if you think an LS1 with 500+ rwhp *might* not need fuel upgrades, they are 28lb injectors!!! Your gonna need something like 60s on a TURBO application

Like I said above....good luck, I just don't see it happening...prove me wrong please

Oh yeah, please don't compare apples to oranges with the whole import vs V8 non-sense....2 totally different motors....ever heard of those crazy things....oh what are they called....oh yeah compressor maps....these big V8s are gonna be choking the shit out of that little turbo like a .02 vietnamese whore

oh yeah I have over 1500 posts at LS1Tech if that matters at all....and had about 2K before this site crashed....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information