Anyone heard of these turbo kits?

This is a discussion on Anyone heard of these turbo kits? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Anyone ever seen these? It looks like too good of a deal to pass up. I know it doesnt come ...

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

Anyone heard of these turbo kits?

Anyone ever seen these?
    It looks like too good of a deal to pass up. I know it doesnt come with some stuff, but even after buying the extra stuff, install, and tune, it would still be a great price. They just sold the same kit for $1,525 to a bidder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...spagenameZWDVW

gold
    1998 Trans Am Formula

re

There is a guy on LS1tech.com that has done it with that kit and has a good write up with pics and pointers under the forced induction section. IMO, I wouldn't put too much hope into something like that, you know what they say, you get what you pay for

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I've seen those on there and the only thing I will say is stay away from them...not worth what you get and you'll end up paying a lot more than you should of to get them to work right.....it is so true about getting what you pay for!!!!

1998 TA

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I've seen those on there and the only thing I will say is stay away from them...not worth what you get and you'll end up paying a lot more than you should of to get them to work right.....it is so true about getting what you pay for!!!!
    I do agree with you that it would be a long shot for this kit work the first time around, but do you personally know someone who has had trouble with this kit or are you just saying that b/c its an ebay kit and its cheap. Not sure if i'm allowed to post the link to the guy on ls1tech, but if you read that thread he seems to have a positive feedback on it.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    I do agree with you that it would be a long shot for this kit work the first time around, but do you personally know someone who has had trouble with this kit or are you just saying that b/c its an ebay kit and its cheap. Not sure if i'm allowed to post the link to the guy on ls1tech, but if you read that thread he seems to have a positive feedback on it.
    You can post the link to another thread on here, I have done it and I'm a newbie too.

Nice looking kit, with big HP numbers as a promise, but if you don't know of several people that run that set up. I don't think you want to be the first or second.

1998 TA

Link removed
    Last edited by cailey37; 05-15-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: can't post links to another forum

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by greenTA View Post
    I have personally seen one of these kits and watched as the individual wished he hadn't purchased it. For what you end up spending to make it functional you could of went with a known builder. As for the guy on tech, he may very well love it and that's great. It's just not a well put together kit for someone expecting to put it on and go racing......

1998 TA

i guess i wasn't allowed to post the links afterall.....
    Do you know what was so bad about it? I thinks its a given that the turbo sucks so sell it and get a new one. It really only comes with the piping so i would be buying the rest of the stuff from known companies.
    Last edited by greenTA; 05-15-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Thread Information