Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Any sts turbo cars out there?

This is a discussion on Any sts turbo cars out there? within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Frost, what exactly needs to be reworked as far as the STS kits go? I'm assuming a FMIC is a ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Frost, what exactly needs to be reworked as far as the STS kits go? I'm assuming a FMIC is a must?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

dude the STS Kitt is 4800 dollars lets say that youre going to invest in a IC that costs about 300-400 give or take. lets not forget the BOV and Waste gate so youre looking to invest about 1500 extra just to make it right.

so to answer your question on what it takes to rework an STS kitt is... DONT get it at all! save your time and money and go APS! dont castrate your car! mount the turbos where they belong up front!.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    dude the STS Kitt is 4800 dollars lets say that youre going to invest in a IC that costs about 300-400 give or take. lets not forget the BOV and Waste gate so youre looking to invest about 1500 extra just to make it right.

so to answer your question on what it takes to rework an STS kitt is... DONT get it at all! save your time and money and go APS! dont castrate your car! mount the turbos where they belong up front!.
    If you would look under my avatar, you would clearly see I already have it, along with a T76 turbo. BOV, waste gate, etc, is all there...Just got the car and still haven't got it shipped (coming from California) so I don't know exactly what would need to be and has been upgraded. I do know he changed several things on it and ended up having over 7k in it though...Said he never had a problem with it though.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

my bad, forgot to look at that, i was pro STS before but i started hatin them because they were calling constantly night and day, hell they wouldnt let me sleep. STS can be a good kit, but youre taking off your mufflers and the intake is in the back!, give me a front mount turbo kitt anyday.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Nope. That is the dyno sheet is from his run in the attached video. Not from sts. The sts sheet claims 548rwhp. We're at 563rwhp. We are using a turbo spec cam. Thats where the numbers are comming from. We have not added the meth kit yet but we plan to.

Click for full size

Click for full size
    That looks sexy.....

black
    2001 Trans Am

Hi, Been a while since I've posted. Winter project with the son. 2001 Trans Am 6 speed. Stock engine & rear end. STS Turbo kit, T67GTB/B as in a ball bearing turbo. Ceramic internal coated EGR headers, complete cat back system, 42lb injectors, Walpro fuel pump with the updated wiring harness, Methanol kit, Diablo-Sport tuner, electrical dual boost controler, wide band & boost gauge. I'm trying to learn this stuff as fast as he is. His main goal is to have a streetable, every day driver that won't grenade the engine. It was a lotta work, the Diablo & STS ppl are very helpfull. So far, the STS ppl have been very helpfull on downloading updated proms to the computer to upload them. On what he has installed. From what I've read so far. I'd think you would need a tuner to accually see what it's doing. Then change & be able to change the ECM for what you have. Still not done yet on his car. But, going from a stock motor, just adding the rear turbo. Really increased the HP. Now I need info on going with straight methonol or a water mix & why. If you should or not. And looking for a way to use my lap-top so I don't have to keep scrolling thru the tuner to see something. Dave
    Last edited by locodave; 07-05-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Wish my dad had hobbies like that with me....jealous
    99 Camaro Z28-
    Colorado's Slowest 408 with a 150 shot
    95 Camaro Z28 LT1-
    LT4 Hot Cam Kit, Fuddle 3,800 Stall
    http://www.fquick.com/99Ls1fever

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by locodave View Post
    Diablo-Sport tuner, Dave
    Dave- get rid of the diablo tuner, it is crap. and it cant do a quarter of the things HP Tuners can, once you use that it will blow your mind and give you alot more options in tuning and piece of mind....
    HPTUNERS.COM
    You will thank me someday
    Matt

black
    2001 Trans Am

Hi, You could be right or wrong. Haven't see the HP. Son's doing the research & buying the parts. So far I think he's been making the right choices. Me? Helping along with the install & wireing it up. Two persons make it easyer. He's still learning a bit on electrical & understands it ok till something isn't working. Not his forte, -> yet, but I'm trying to teach him more advanced electrical. O'l dad has to figure it out if it gets wired wrong or a bad connection. I was looking at this sight for the lap top stuff, aldlcable.com . Scroll down for some programs & screen shots. I want to look at something bigger with these old eyes. Lol. As long as you can change values, Increase the fuel trim initially account of the turbo. So you don't go lean under boost, see what it's doing on O2's, timing. Diablo Vrs HP? I liked the fact he could save his inital prom. It's just, do you want to, or need to change something. On learning this stuff. Dave
    Last edited by locodave; 07-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.

black
    2001 Trans Am

HI, I looked at the HP. I was going to edit the last post, thought better to just reply. I see what you mean on reading about it. Dave

black
    2001 Trans Am

Hi, 2001 Trans Am. On the tranny Q. Sons car, 6 speed, stock rear end. He has the STS turbo with the methonol kit. He bought long tube headers before he bought the turbo. If your going for headers, ( He didn't know then when he bought the headers, that he should of stayed with the stock exaust manifolds. ) Get ceramic internal coated headers like he did. Wraping as far as I've read. Takes out the headers quicker from rust. One thing that did happen before he & I installed things. The rear end, under power. Stock motor. Got wheel hop. Snapped off 2 head bolts on the Zetel-Torsen. He got lucky as one head wedged outta the way & other one was stuck on the back of the ring gear. Took it out, repaired with new bolts & bearings. So far it's holding up. Told him not to rev it up & dump the clutch to shock-stress it. Avoid wheel hop son! Get the clutch out easyer & let the engine do the work. I think he's better than 500 hp. He just beat his friend, same type car with nitrous, slicks & a dyno tune his friend had done on it was at 540 hp. Dave
    Last edited by locodave; 07-10-2008 at 10:54 PM.

black
    1998 firebird

there was one forsale on the other forum for lik 1800

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information