Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

9Sec 1/4mile Possible with Full Bolt ons and SC or TC??

Im comming very close to the full bolt on mark and you know whats left.......FI!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i was wonder what the cheapest and best option would be to get me into the 9s...

Would it be a...

D-1SC ProCharger

Or

Twin GT35R Turbos

Also the car needs to be streetable and reliable so keep that in mind...If 9s cant be attained without making the car unsuitable for street use then somewhere in the 10s will be fine!!!

THANKS!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lol, you got some high hopes, to get into the 9's u need like 15+psi thus destroying the stock bottom end,

point being , i dont know if 9's are possible on the stock bottom end,

keep in mind you'll need to intal a roll cage

and the car probably will be "streetable" but a total gas guzzler

Awaiting Activation
    check out the custom turbo section on speedinc.com that will give you some ideas. They have several setups ranging from super nasty to just plain crazy!!

LOL i am definatly going to chenge my bottom end inorder to get into the 9s and obviously get a roll i dont wanna die yet haha......But just wondering out of blowing the car or turboing which has the best potential for the best price of getting me close to the 9's?? It should be possible with 600RWHP right?

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Your going to need more horsepower than that to dip into the 9's!!!

WHITE
    2000 Z28 M6

600hp engine+ 300hp NOS+ TRACTION!= 9's and Streetable?

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    Your going to need more horsepower than that to dip into the 9's!!!
    Well 600 is what i'm aiming 4...Even if its in the mid to low 10's it will be almost impossible to be beat by anything on the street...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if thats the case 600RWHP that is, look at doing some weight reduction

You are not trying to do this on stock cubes are you? Race gas or pump? nitrous or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire View Post
    You are not trying to do this on stock cubes are you? Race gas or pump? nitrous or not?
    Nope....I was gunna stroke it to a 396 then blow it....Was going to try to stick to pump gas but if i need race fuel to get max performance ill do that and i would rather try and stay away from nitrous unless i need to

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    if thats the case 600RWHP that is, look at doing some weight reduction
    I was thinking about that but my goal is to also try to keep it as best streetable as possible....So well see what i can do for weight reduction...

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

If you got such a need for speed get yourself a 1000cc or higher motorcycle. I got a R1 that will do 10's all day possible high 9's (not with me driving but it could). >400 lbs and 180 hp Just a thought...It would cost you less that than the engine work you plan on doing.

black
    2000 ws6

yay bikes are fast but any schmo can go get a loan for 8 grand and have one. Ill see literally 50 jap bikes when im out cruising and they ALL think they're the shit... why i dunno. I had some idiot pass me on the highway the other day, turn around on his bike kinda of salute me and then proceed to pop a wheely at nearly 70mph and almost drive into the guard rail while doing it. I did nothing to provoke his actions, he must have just saw the ws6 and thought he had to prove he was the SHIT!! While i just laughed to my self a thought he was retarded.

I'm not saying all bikers are like that but around here the majority are...

but back to topic. Your not going to hit 9's on a budget. Your going to need a lot. Suspension work, new 12 bolt, tranny work if your auto, whole new fuel system, the skys the limit with the motor. It definately wont be cheap and it isnt cheap to do with any car out there. With FI it could drive almost as good as it does stock while running 9's thats not really a issue with FI. Just depends how deep your pockets are.

1st off im not a bike person i like my 4 wheels lol....

2nd just as of right now i want the cheapER options for HP like the heads, cam i already have, 90/90 LSX/NW combo things like that... I figure that if i do every bolt on out there i could come close to 450rwhp mayb more....So thats why im curious 4 the future about getting close to the 9s and trust me i know it aint cheap!!!! but just wanna know the prospective...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

like somone said before a HEAVILY built engine PLUS a 250 shot or better of nitrious.........should get u above 600 rwhp easily and be very streatable

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Like got-a-ls1 said, your gonna need a fair amount of suspension work, a new rearend, tranny work, and a lot of money. What all mods have been done? Generally a twin turbo system is pretty pricey and complicated to install. Who's going to do the work? If your motor is stock, your gonna need a cam, heads,headers(unless you go turbo), exhaust system, and possibly a Fast 90/90. I think a little more info would make it easier to answer your questions better.

Quote Originally Posted by C&Cbird View Post
    Like got-a-ls1 said, your gonna need a fair amount of suspension work, a new rearend, tranny work, and a lot of money. What all mods have been done? Generally a twin turbo system is pretty pricey and complicated to install. Who's going to do the work? If your motor is stock, your gonna need a cam, heads,headers(unless you go turbo), exhaust system, and possibly a Fast 90/90. I think a little more info would make it easier to answer your questions better.
    I HAVE:

2002 Trans AM WS6 CE M6
    425RWHP 411RWTQ DYNO TUNED (Think my dyno shop messed up these numbers)

Thunder Racing 230/236 .592/.602 111.5LSA Cam, Stock bottom end
    Fully upgraded valve terrain, ASP underdrive pully, LS2 Double roller timing chain,
    LS6 Intake, SLP LID, SLP smooth bellows, K&N filter, 10.5mm Accel Pro Race wires and NGK iridium sparks .5 gapped, Pacesetter headers with 3" mandrel bend X-pipe true dual exhaust (no cats), 4.10 rear stock 9bolt, Nitto 555dr 315/35/17R Street slicks, full BMR suspension except shocks, and a Hurst short throw shifter.

SOON: AFR 205cc 66cc mongoose heads and FAST 90/90 combo on the way

And i know i know im asking for it with my stock rear end...in the midst of changing to a 12 bolt or even better a 9 bolt...

So there you have it what do you all think?

gold
    2000 honder accord

[/QUOTE]
    And i know i know im asking for it with my stock rear end...in the midst of changing to a 12 bolt or even better a 9 bolt...
    [/QUOTE]

I think you meant 9 inch, as in the ford rear end. i would definatly go with a strange built 9 if you are looking to go into the nines. you will need a beast of a rear to do that, and you will probibly need some tranny work also.

I think that you will need the 225 heads instead of the 205's when you up your cubes and/or add the forced induction....... You can hit 600 RWHP with a forged bottom end low compression with high boost without nitrous. It would be ideal to go with 400+ cubes(the easiest way to get ponies is with displacement) You also will not get terrible gas mileage unless you get on it a lot. Then you will be able to watch the gas gauge go down.....LOL. This also is a goal of mine to do it much like yourself. I personally did not set an ET goal just a goal of 600RWHP on pump gas and FI without nitrous. It is several years off though for myself. Good luck. I think that you also have a similarly sized cam to what I would like to go with. Do you think that your Dyno readings are low or high? Was this a Dynojet or a Mustang chassis dyno? When you said 450 RWHP with bolt ons only did you mean with your cam in it, or literally bolt ons only........I would think the latter as unattainable without some drivetrain work.....Which rear end do you currently have? It says 9 bolt above.......I assume that you have a ten bolt now?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire View Post
    I think that you will need the 225 heads instead of the 205's when you up your cubes and/or add the forced induction....... You can hit 600 RWHP with a forged bottom end low compression with high boost without nitrous. It would be ideal to go with 400+ cubes(the easiest way to get ponies is with displacement) You also will not get terrible gas mileage unless you get on it a lot. Then you will be able to watch the gas gauge go down.....LOL. This also is a goal of mine to do it much like yourself. I personally did not set an ET goal just a goal of 600RWHP on pump gas and FI without nitrous. It is several years off though for myself. Good luck. I think that you also have a similarly sized cam to what I would like to go with. Do you think that your Dyno readings are low or high? Was this a Dynojet or a Mustang chassis dyno? When you said 450 RWHP with bolt ons only did you mean with your cam in it, or literally bolt ons only........I would think the latter as unattainable without some drivetrain work.....Which rear end do you currently have? It says 9 bolt above.......I assume that you have a ten bolt now?

Yea i have a 10 bolt now i just dont kno how to type lol.....I was thinking of stroking the motor to 396 later on down the line perhapse before the S/C thats why im trying to get some info now...Im pretty positive that i can claim close to 600RWHP with my stock cubes with the S/C running around 7-8psi well atleast ill try for 600rwhp but i kno i will probably get less then ill stroke the bitch or stroke it first which ever i see is the best option.....But for now im going to max out N/A then see where it leaves me....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information