RED

383 Engine kit or 383 stroker is better ?

Hi guys ,

i have an ls1 motor and i thinking about putting MAGNACHARGER but i want the best psi so that i decided to stroke my engine to 383 , after searching and researching about 383 stroker assemblies i saw 383 engine kit like this one ( http://www.summitracing.com/search/D...T/?keyword=383 ) but with dish pistons , then i got idea why not putting this kit and save my money !!!!! but i wondering which one is better and give me more psi without hurt my engine the engine kit or stroker kit ? how many psi can i get in both ? how many hp can i get in range of both ?

Note: am a daily drive , i have bolts on and H/C before.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by al3flangy View Post
    Hi guys ,

i have an ls1 motor and i thinking about putting MAGNACHARGER but i want the best psi so that i decided to stroke my engine to 383 , after searching and researching about 383 stroker assemblies i saw 383 engine kit like this one ( http://www.summitracing.com/search/D...T/?keyword=383 ) but with dish pistons , then i got idea why not putting this kit and save my money !!!!! but i wondering which one is better and give me more psi without hurt my engine the engine kit or stroker kit ? how many psi can i get in both ? how many hp can i get in range of both ?

Note: am a daily drive , i have bolts on and H/C before.

Depending on your compression ratio, I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb and say that if you do not have an intercooler, you won't be able to go much above 5-6 psi, regardless of the style of FI you use. (unless you have a methanol injection kit)

If you do have an intercooler system, then I would say you could go 8-9 psi on a daily driver application. (again, without using methanol)

This assumes 92 octane gasoline as well. There are many, many factors to consider.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

RED

actually i want advise :

if i want to put 383

what the best piston can give me maximum boost that 383 can afford it ?

what is the maximum boost can i get if i but good procharger(intercoolerd) with good piston?

which procharger can give me the maximum boost can 383 afford it ?

!! of course in safe side and daily drive

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by al3flangy View Post
    actually i want advise :

if i want to put 383

what the best piston can give me maximum boost that 383 can afford it ?

what is the maximum boost can i get if i but good procharger(intercoolerd) with good piston?

which procharger can give me the maximum boost can 383 afford it ?

!! of course in safe side and daily drive
    Cubic inches really don't play much of a part as to how much boost you can put to an engine.

If you are going for max boost, you definitely want to go with forged crank, rods, & pistons.

Again, if you use an intercooler, and do not use methanol, you can run about 8 - 9 lbs of boost safely, on pump gasoline. (92 octane) You can go higher boost if you use a methanol kit in addition.

The D1SC ProCharger is probably your best choice for what you're looking to do.

Thread Information