Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

370 CI - Twin Turbo - 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

This is a discussion on 370 CI - Twin Turbo - 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Yea the ls6 is a great budget intake but it has its down fall as well. If I could run ...

Red
    99 Z28

Yea the ls6 is a great budget intake but it has its down fall as well. If I could run a truck intake I definitely would. that's best budget intake out there but for fbody it doesn't work unless major modifications. For low boost, and to keep power under curve it's hard to beat, the 78 isn't a restriction till around 1kish. It will still work but there are better intakes that really shine then.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    What are your goals with the car?
    Ha ha. Good question. My "goals" are never ending. I thought when I bought the TA back in 2000, I would be happy. But as all of you know being horsepower hungry, the apatite is never ending. I am currently at around 500 to the wheels, but I currently am shooting for 600. I think my current 10 year old 1 3/4 headers and stock 98 heads are my biggest downfall.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Red
    99 Z28

I was meaning with hi po lol..

But yea those are hurting you.

Trickflows with 1 7/8 with put you at your goal

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Oops, didn't mean to answer his question. That's kinda what I was thinking on the heads and headers. Just need a few $$$ to do that now. LOL

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I was meaning with hi po lol..

But yea those are hurting you.

Trickflows with 1 7/8 with put you at your goal
    Goals are: Keep AC, drive to/from track and hurt trailer car feelings, low 9's followed by high 8's, not break and have fun (aka, not break).
    Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Oops, didn't mean to answer his question. That's kinda what I was thinking on the heads and headers. Just need a few $$$ to do that now. LOL
    Get 1 7/8s on there, stat. A blower needs to breathe!
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Red
    99 Z28

What rear brakes u have?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Strange Sportsman package - Strange calipers/rotors and pads. No Ebrake possible, car hasn't had one for years before, though. You can see them in one of the pictures posted. Quality stuff.

Got the engine back in today. Had the oil feed lines made (96 bucks for SS 500 temp, 60" and 18" long), everything is hooked back up, might put transmission in tomorrow, it should fall into place as we have made a few test fits (read: BFH). Still no shifter assembly, would like options from anyone with a computer controlled 4L80E.

After getting the new, much larger turbos in place, it's obvious the passenger side cold piping needs some fabrication work. Bummer. I just want to get everything back in the car so I can at least roll it out of the shop and turn the bay.

Red
    99 Z28

My ebrake don't work and I am probably going with same wheel setup with you and instead of buying the specific, I was gna get the regular ones with race brakes.

I would just use the stocker if it's controlled electrically

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

My ebrake don't work and I am probably going with same wheel setup with you and instead of buying the specific, I was gna get the regular ones with race brakes.

I would just use the stocker if it's controlled electrically
    I would like the trans brake button on the shifter, but for cost reasons, I guess I'll go with the stocker. Anyone have a stock auto shifter complete for sale?

Made some progress on the car today. 4L80E transmission and PTC billet triple disk converter is in.

Had to do the usual cutting and beating of trans tunnel. Cut this part out for the electrical connector,no way around it. Weight savings!

Picture with the full drivetrain in car.

Finished up the feed side of the fuel system. Return side not done yet. Haven't decided where I'm going to put the big Magnafuel fuel regulator yet.

^^ Fuel filter is just resting

Also got the rear fender wells cut today. Removed a bunch of material, more then we had to probably, but no reason to risk having a tire catch the body. Tires have plenty of clearance now!

The list of things to do seems never ending!

Red
    99 Z28

There is a mount that is cut in half that surrounds the metal part of the shifter with a button built in that you can use. I gotta find it but it looks clean

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Just need to find a stock shifter assembly. Transmission has to come back out, I forgot to fill the converter... whoops.

We got the charge pipe modified today, wasn't too bad at all. Just need to order the filters and run the scavenge pump setup and the turbo kit is officially, done.

Things left to do to fire the car:
    - wire fuel pump
    - wire / install scavenge pump for turbos
    - install air filters on turbo
    - fill torque converter with oil / r&i transmission
    - wire up and install the boost controller... this will take some time as I don't really know how and have to do some more reading!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information