3.8 camaro help

This is a discussion on 3.8 camaro help within the Forced Induction forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i just bought a 1998 camaro 3.8 v6 and was wondering if the superchagers from the 3.8 monte carlos and ...

white
    1998 camaro v6

3.8 camaro help

i just bought a 1998 camaro 3.8 v6 and was wondering if the superchagers from the 3.8 monte carlos and grand prix wounld fit my engine i'm just looking for some quick horse power untill i can save the money for an ls1 or ls2 swap thanks for any help

gold
    2000 honder accord

Not with out heavily modifing the fire wall. Our engines sit almost underneath the dash and a roots charger will not fit ontop of our engines. I wish they did or i would have one too. Just save like I am doing and buy and LT1 or LS1camaro.

white
    1998 camaro v6

i've got the priceing for an ls1 and a t-56 trans i think thats what i'm gonna save up and buy to put in later but i just want some more power for right now do you have any mods that might help me

gold
    2000 honder accord

Vortech i know sells a supercharger kit for your car. There is always cold air intake, exhast, cams and stuff like that. Go to summit racing and type in your car and stuff and there will be a list of parts that are for your car. I would just save the money and put it into the LS1 swap. I have a cai and i didnt really get any gains from it, just a little more sound and throttle response.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

If your planning on doing a swap i would just hold off and save up the cash, i know its gonna be hard, i was once in the v6 world. I wouldnt waste my time piecing together parts from a gtp. Although you can still make some good power with a 3.8, Until you have the cash a lil spray might get you through the days your feeling iffy. Also a cheaper route for you may be to pick up a ls1 platform car with a blown up motor or tranny and just rebuild. Just a thought thou
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

white
    1998 camaro v6

i'm starting to think about just getting it chipped and get a cold air intake cause i was just talking to my brother-in-law's room mate and he said that when he got his nissan pickup chip he gain like 50hp. if the superchager won't fit it probly cost alot less to do the chip and intake.

gold
    2000 honder accord

I wouldnt expect 50hp out of a chip and intake, you may gain around 25-30 but i wouldnt get my hopes up for 50hp.

Silver
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    I wouldnt expect 50hp out of a chip and intake, you may gain around 25-30 but i wouldnt get my hopes up for 50hp.
    I wouldnt say even that.

Thread Information