Thread: 06 GTO TTs

06 GTO TTs

Hi, new to the forums and new to the GTO community, just got a cyclone grey 6m, ALL stock and only 9.8k miles on it.
    Anyways, been debating for the month that I've had it what to do with it as far as performance. To get to the point, if money was a non issue, I'm sure the response to twin Ts or supercharger would be twin Ts but..which one? Being fairly inexperience I'd appreciate some guidance. Please do not tell me "Well its what you prefer.." No. I mean, if you were in my shoes and had 20k let's say, to throw into upgrades (exhaust, cams, and your twins) what twin turbo system would you have installed?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

APS twin turbo kit for a GTO I've read is pretty nice.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

What Jon said. APS kits are awesome. I knew a guy who installed his own in his 05. Powderedcoated intercooler, turbos sit on either side of the trans and you get a skid guard to hide everything. He put down 545 to the rear wheels last I talked to him. I know APS had stopped manufacturing the kits some time ago, but google APS and see what you can find.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

They stopped making them for the f-body as far as I knew due to head units cracking. They starting getting them off-shore. I wasn't aware of them not making them for other platforms though.

White
    '10 ZR1

I think APS had a good "system", but I think their components were not good. I have heard a lot of negative noise. I'm going to see if I can find some of that info.

Be aware when doing business with companies over seas, in general.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

you can make that much power with a magnacharger, or a procharger setup. i done some checking on my fully built race engine, and my builder told me for 9000$ i can have a 6.0 iron block fully forged with stage 3 ls3 heads and ported ls3 intake, and be able to be a 1000 to a 1100 hp engine if i wanted to. that is using a custom built 85mm turbo setup. or i could go with a twin 60mm turbo setup. a lot cheaper to do the one turbo and have less boost lag.

Thread Information