Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Virginia to end concealed carry reciprocity with other state

Wonder how long till the citizens of VA wise up and toss these clowns out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Why doesn't the supreme court bring up the full faith and credit clause in the COTUS regarding CCW permits? Now that CCW is a constitutional right and all 50 states must have it in some form then they should be subject to the same rules as marriage licenses under the "Full Faith and Credit Clause" in the COTUS. That each state must recognize the validity of the other states CCW permits.

Navy Blue Metallic

Very good argument and observation.....

blue
    1999 TransAm

just hearing about this now as I get caught up on the news of the day....

what legitimate reason would there be for this?.... answer: none, it is 100% egregious and in-your-face abuse of power, perpetrated, solely, for the purpose of pure ideological anti-gun democrat party mantra to exact revenge on the pro-2A movement for all the improvements despite the concerted lies by the gun grabber asshats and the LSM!

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    just hearing about this now as I get caught up on the news of the day....

what legitimate reason would there be for this?.... answer: none, it is 100% egregious and in-your-face abuse of power, perpetrated, solely, for the purpose of pure ideological anti-gun democrat party mantra to exact revenge on the pro-2A movement for all the improvements despite the concerted lies by the gun grabber asshats and the LSM!

It's only an abuse of power when you don't agree with it. Fact of the matter here is that the majority of elected officials in that state voted to make that change to the laws. A change that was 100% legal. If the people in the state of Virginia don't like it, they'll vote in politicians that will support their views and will change it back to the way it currently is. Otherwise it's clearly the will of the people.

That's how it works man. Sometimes it sucks being on the losing end of a political issue, but crying about it and claiming your rights are being infringed upon when it just isn't true isn't helping your cause. Maybe you should read Zinergy's post if you want an example of a (sometimes )rational person that clearly disagrees with this decision, but is voicing a reasonable viewpoint on the reality of the situation that wouldn't be immediately disregarded by everyone short of a die hard far right winger.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

these idiots keep shooting up schools and what not and these things are going to be more common. Those guys are turning public opinion like it or not. You can argue until you're blue about how responsible most gun owners are, and I agree with that, but when innocent kids are dying trying to get an education or simple day to day shit it's not long before public opinion changes and the hammer starts to come down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    these idiots keep shooting up schools and what not and these things are going to be more common. Those guys are turning public opinion like it or not. You can argue until you're blue about how responsible most gun owners are, and I agree with that, but when innocent kids are dying trying to get an education or simple day to day shit it's not long before public opinion changes and the hammer starts to come down.
    True public opinion can be swayed easily in challenging times. That is why we elect representatives. Because mob law is no law. People get emotional and irrational in large groups when tragedy occurs. The representatives should be looking at this logically as should all around the country. All firearm related homicides have decreased by almost 50% since the 90s except for..... high profile mass shootings. During this time private firearm ownership has almost doubled. 92% of mass shootings since 2009 have occurred in gun free zones. I gather from this that removing firearms from certain places does not make them safer because this is America and with 300 million firearms in the private market it is impossible to remove all firearms.

Not to mention I read that Virginia requires an hour of online training and a background check to obtain a CCW permit. So the reasoning that they don't trust other states process to obtain a CCW permit is hilarious as they have one of the easiest processes in the country. But as 5.0 said as much as I disagree with the reasoning and logic these are the elected representatives voting on this. They have the power to do it until a higher form of government or the people slap them down.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think you put too much faith in the democratic process and the people elected to office. Like the old woman on the commercial says " That's not how any of this works." Sure....your ideas are exactly how it's set up to work and should work but that's not how it actually works. The way it actually works is a few groups give money to the rep's in order to force their will on the public. Whoever gives the most money wins. Gun owners are like smokers were a few years ago. We're a tolerated minority. At some point though with all these mass shootings the public will stop tolerating it. They don't care about the statistics....they only see innocent people dying on TV. There was one time in this country where wearing a pistol on your hip wasn't only acceptable....it was a majority in some places. Do that now and watch all the looks you'll get. I'm not saying it's fair or right but that's the way we're headed and it's almost 100% due to the wack jobs shooting up schools and public places.

Arctic White, red/gray

I agree with most of what you said. I tend to view government as an evil entity so I don't think I put too much faith in the process or government I just understand it is a necessary evil. One we need to do a better job of controlling. Corruption will occur anytime you put a select group of people in charge of all the rest.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my brother used to say, and I know lots others have also, that we need a 2 year term limit for all elected officials. No more career politicians. It pisses me off to see some of these 70-80 year old men still holding office.

Arctic White, red/gray

Term limits and I do agree with donation limits. History has shown us career politicians suck and that money wins elections. Both of which undermine the entire political process this country is founded on IMO.

Navy Blue Metallic

Time for a limited Constitutional Convention.

red
    95 Z28

I'm not saying it's fair or right but that's the way we're headed and it's almost 100% due to the wack jobs shooting up schools and public places.

yep.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just wonder why these guys feel the need to kill kids which is the worst? You don't hate enough people to at least find a certain group to attack? You have to go after frigin kids who have done nothing wrong? That's the lowest of the low.

red
    95 Z28

I just wonder why these guys feel the need to kill kids which is the worst? You don't hate enough people to at least find a certain group to attack? You have to go after frigin kids who have done nothing wrong? That's the lowest of the low.

Easiest target with maximum shock value.

Navy Blue Metallic

Virginia to end concealed carry reciprocity with other state

^^agree.

I've always felt people that prey on children are the definition of evil and should be wiped out of existence.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Navy Blue Metallic

Well in the words of M. Knight Shyamalan..... "What a twist"

Va. lawmaker wants to defund Gov. McAuliffe's armed guards over gun dispute | Fox News

Thread Information