Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The ultimate shotgun

My brother just sent this to me. It's from a couple of years ago, but I do not see that it has been posted in here yet. Very impressive piece of hardware.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c[/ame]

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I want one.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I want one.

Actually surprised you don't have one.

'69 Camaro

it dug one helluva trough into that hill

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Sorry sarge the only ones you can get are watered down,I already checked into it. Between that and the beowulf a soldier would be so much better off.add in the dragon skin body armor. the terrorists or any one fighting against us would be screwed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYaSRIbPWkM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HRQNd84ZA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrUARlmqso[/ame]
    Last edited by cuervo25_1; 03-28-2010 at 07:01 AM.

blue
    83 mustang 347

I actually saw and played with a tracked robot with two of these things on it at a Warfighter Conference here (did not get to shoot it)... Bitch was BAD

red
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Sorry sarge the only ones you can get are watered down,I already checked into it. Between that and the beowulf a soldier would be so much better off.add in the dragon skin body armor. the terrorists or any one fighting against us would be screwed.
    50 Beowulf? A rifle with a 7 round magazine, 12ga recoil, and rainbow-like trajectory is an answer to a question no one is asking.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    50 Beowulf? A rifle with a 7 round magazine, 12ga recoil, and rainbow-like trajectory is an answer to a question no one is asking.
    10 round mag, no where near 12 gauge recoil and it does what they want it to to without colateral damage. The drop cant be that bad if they are hitting what they want where they want at 200 yards.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Normal range combat engagements between 150m-200m, price of weapon, price of ammo, mag capacity, etc. would rule out a Beo for me. 6.8SPC battle sight zeroed for 200m has the happy coincidence of an initial crossover trajectory at 50 yards. The flat trajectory arc allows very precise shooting out to 250 meters where the bullet is only 2" below line of sight. Meaning it'll be kill shot with enough umph from a 115 grain bthp at the POI(point of impact) when aiming center mass.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 03-30-2010 at 10:07 PM.

red
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    10 round mag, no where near 12 gauge recoil and it does what they want it to to without colateral damage. The drop cant be that bad if they are hitting what they want where they want at 200 yards.
    "They" certainly could hit targets at 200 yards if zero'd for 200 yards. But they couldn't turn around and hit 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 yard targets with an Aimpoint or any current ACOG, the primary optics in our inventory, and certainly not through irons. According to Alexander Arms (the 50 Beowulf creators), with a 100 yard zero and 24" barrel, the 250 yard drop is between 20 and 30 inches depending on the projectile. The standard barrel length for M-4's is 14.5 inches. With lower velocity of a shorter barrel, drop will be significantly worse. I suppose if you put a mil-dot scope, or another optic with a reticule with hashes calibrated for the trajectory, you can manage that drop, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a CQB rifle. Both 6.8SPC and 6.5 Grendel (and tried and true .308/7.62) will crack engine blocks, and have excellent ballistics through glass with the right bullets. They are all capable of just about every task that 50 Beowulf was created for, plus have flatter trajectories and excellent longer range capabilities in 6.5G and .308/7.62. Or we could just employ already-in-service Mossberg 590's or Benelli M4 shotgun's with slugs at vehicle checkpoints.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Totally agree tremiles. The Beo is a pricey novelty piece imo. The dragon Skin on the other hand looks like something I'd like to own.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

I have read mixed reviews on the dragonskin over the last few years. It will be intresting to see if it lives up to the hype in the future.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information