Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Never eating at Chipotle again

I don't call for mass protest against business that choose to go against my civil rights, I just vote or protest with my wallet and ask others to do the same.

I'll never eat a Chipotle establishment again. Open carry is allowed and legal.

Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.
    Popular Restaurant Chain to Gun-Owning Customers: Don

blue
    1999 TransAm

...they're basically adopting the "starbucks" policy... chipotle never was my kind of place to start with...

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I don't call for mass protest against business that choose to go against my civil rights, I just vote or protest with my wallet and ask others to do the same.

I'll never eat a Chipotle establishment again. Open carry is allowed and legal.

Popular Restaurant Chain to Gun-Owning Customers: Don

Really Scott? Open carry may be allowed and legal, but if you look a little closer, you'll find most people who carry guns on a daily basis (especially those that conceal carry) are somewhat against open carry. Most of the people doing it are only doing it to make a point. This is why we cant have nice things (gun owners). You're letting political views cloud rational common sense. As much as I support gun rights, these stupid protests are doing absolutely nothing but turning more people and businesses against gun owners. It's hard to fathom a bunch of these idiots walking around in a chipotle with AR15s. I don't blame customers at all for being a bit nervous. They aren't nervous about the guns, they're nervous about the people carrying them, and what people have done with those guns in the past. Things like that absolutely will drive customers away, and cost them a significant amount of business, so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Smart business in fact. This will all blow over in a matter of weeks anyway, and nobody will care. In the long run this will cost them little if any business, just like it did for Starbucks. And people who RESPONSIBLY carry weapons (i.e concealed) wont change a thing because nobody in Chipotle ever knew they had a weapon to begin with. The far right (as usual) is trying to turn this into some huge civil rights issue when it isn't. It's a common sense issue. Hopefully these protesting idiots will figure out some day that they're really hurting the cause, not helping. They are winning over nobody.

IB4 somebody calls me a gun hating lefty
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Really Scott? Open carry may be allowed and legal, but if you look a little closer, you'll find most people who carry guns on a daily basis (especially those that conceal carry) are somewhat against open carry. Most of the people doing it are only doing it to make a point. This is why we cant have nice things (gun owners). You're letting political views cloud rational common sense. As much as I support gun rights, these stupid protests are doing absolutely nothing but turning more people and businesses against gun owners. It's hard to fathom a bunch of these idiots walking around in a chipotle with AR15s. I don't blame customers at all for being a bit nervous. They aren't nervous about the guns, they're nervous about the people carrying them, and what people have done with those guns in the past. Things like that absolutely will drive customers away, and cost them a significant amount of business, so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Smart business in fact. This will all blow over in a matter of weeks anyway, and nobody will care. In the long run this will cost them little if any business, just like it did for Starbucks. And people who RESPONSIBLY carry weapons (i.e concealed) wont change a thing because nobody in Chipotle ever knew they had a weapon to begin with. The far right (as usual) is trying to turn this into some huge civil rights issue when it isn't. It's a common sense issue. Hopefully these protesting idiots will figure out some day that they're really hurting the cause, not helping. They are winning over nobody.

IB4 somebody calls me a gun hating lefty
    I was always told/trained to never announce you have a gun or to make it obvious "IE open carry, put glock stickers on your car, etc etc" because if you ever have to use it, you want it to be a surprise that you have one...I also agree that most people who conceal will still carry in the restaurant just because they are the ones doing it right and you never knew they had it to begin with...

WITH THAT SAID...you should still be able to carry in that place if you want to lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree with 5.0. If I'm in chipotle and some idiot walks in with a rifle I'm leaving and probably never going back. I don't care what their rights are.....I don't want to be around someone that's unstable enough to walk into a restaurant with an assault rifle. That shows a complete lack of common sense and decision making skills. These guys are making it 10x tougher on the legit people out there who aren't idiots. What gun owners fail to realize is they're out numbered. Ask the smokers 20-30 years ago how being out numbered worked for them. The last thing you want to do is piss off every person that reads that article that has no understanding of why anyone even needs a gun because you're just turning the tide. They won't take your guns.....they'll price you out of them just like they did the vast majority of smokers.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I was always told/trained to never announce you have a gun or to make it obvious "IE open carry, put glock stickers on your car, etc etc" because if you ever have to use it, you want it to be a surprise that you have one...I also agree that most people who conceal will still carry in the restaurant just because they are the ones doing it right and you never knew they had it to begin with...

WITH THAT SAID...you should still be able to carry in that place if you want to lol
    a rifle? Expecting to need to make a 300 yard shot inside a chipotle? The problem is people are blurring the line between "rights" and "common sense". Common sense tells you that you're an idiot if you walk into a fast food place with a rifle. Period. I know they were making a statement but as far as I can tell that statement is " I'm an idiot and like to do ignorant shit".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    a rifle? Expecting to need to make a 300 yard shot inside a chipotle? The problem is people are blurring the line between "rights" and "common sense". Common sense tells you that you're an idiot if you walk into a fast food place with a rifle. Period. I know they were making a statement but as far as I can tell that statement is " I'm an idiot and like to do ignorant shit".
    I didnt say anything about a rifle...Im referring to handguns only "common sense". I dont see why anybody would want to or need to carry a rifle into a restaurant...I know they referred to a rifle, but Im referring to handguns...probably should have clarified that.

They are banning them all together based on what I read...hand guns should be allowed, rifles no need...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 05-20-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

blue
    1999 TransAm

...although i too can see why a business would not be in favor of such "practices", ...we have to realize that this is all self-perpetuating, and the root provocation are the anti-gun crowd that have, over the past few years, catalyzed the gun rights movement... i believe a large part of the open carry practices are a natural reaction to the bombardment of anti-gun saber rattling and propaganda by the anti-gun left and LSM... it is they who are stirring the pot...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree....open carry on the hip is a night/day difference between wagging a rifle around. It's the guys that try to make a statement that really hurt the cause. Sure it's their right to own an AR15 but is it smart to carry it in public where soccer mom's and kids are? What gets accomplished there? Nothing good towards the cause. It just turns more and more people against guns in general.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I see your point on some things 5.0 like long rifles, however TX has this little thing in their state regs that even as a CCW holder you can not enter any business with your firearm (no matter the type) if a stupid sign is posted by the owner. Doesn't say how big the sign has to be, doesn't state where it has to be visible. Most Open carry groups are trying to educate the public. When you have bored billionaires trying to strip ppl's rights away sometimes you need a little attention to wake the sheep up. Open carry has always been legal since the country was founded. The more ppl that would open carry the less intimidating it will be. They did nothing illegal otherwise they would have been arrested. I've been to so many damn third world shit holes and no one ever winds themselves up like this country's left does. They've made it into this bullshit myth. You say common sense needs to be applied to gun owners the same can be said to the looney anti-gun left.

Fine if I can't open carry then let's all go back to swords. After seeing someone get hacked to death maybe then common sense will return.

This happen to me. In TX many gas stations have McDonalds or some other food establishment joined with them. I had gone into the McD side and order food for my son to take back to the car. I leave the McD side to use the rest room which is located on the gas station side. Yes I'm carrying. Now on the McD side there is no signs at all about no carry on property, nor was there any on the walls between the food & gas station entrance (Yes I do look, for this very reason). However when I walked out of the gas station entrance to go to my car I see a sign. Now if a LEO would have been present I would have had to go through a hell of a time even though not doing anything wrong.

blue
    1999 TransAm

I agree....open carry on the hip is a night/day difference between wagging a rifle around. It's the guys that try to make a statement that really hurt the cause. Sure it's their right to own an AR15 but is it smart to carry it in public where soccer mom's and kids are? What gets accomplished there? Nothing good towards the cause. It just turns more and more people against guns in general.
    ...i can see where you're coming from, ...but you have to look at this in broader terms of a culture war... the provocation for all of this is the anti-gun left "progressives", ...the natural response is to defy, and assert your rights, which is what these folks are doing...

so, f the provacateurs were to call off their dogs, virtually all of the open carry showmanship would stop... the problem is, the anti-gun left will never stop... ...such is the culture war...

red
    95 Z28

Most Open carry groups are trying to educate the public.
    No, they're not. They're trying to draw attention to themselves. Carrying rifles in a chipotle is pointless and dangerous. This wasn't some random guy with a handgun on his hip. These protests are 100% hurting the cause.

When you have bored billionaires trying to strip ppl's rights away sometimes you need a little attention to wake the sheep up. Open carry has always been legal since the country was founded. The more ppl that would open carry the less intimidating it will be. They did nothing illegal otherwise they would have been arrested. I've been to so many damn third world shit holes and no one ever winds themselves up like this country's left does. They've made it into this bullshit myth. You say common sense needs to be applied to gun owners the same can be said to the looney anti-gun left..
    Anybody that throws out the words "rights" needs to step back and do some reading as your comments have no basis in reality. The constitution restricts the government (federal and state). It does not, in any way, restrict a business from saying no guns on my premises. End of discussion. It's incredibly hypocritical for the right to try to make this a civil rights issue when it never was.

Fine if I can't open carry then let's all go back to swords. After seeing someone get hacked to death maybe then common sense will return.
    What does that even mean? You're going off on some rant here that has no basis in reality, and little relevance to this discussion. Now you're just throwing out these impassioned statements because the man is takin' away mah gun rights! lol

This happen to me. In TX many gas stations have McDonalds or some other food establishment joined with them. I had gone into the McD side and order food for my son to take back to the car. I leave the McD side to use the rest room which is located on the gas station side. Yes I'm carrying. Now on the McD side there is no signs at all about no carry on property, nor was there any on the walls between the food & gas station entrance (Yes I do look, for this very reason). However when I walked out of the gas station entrance to go to my car I see a sign. Now if a LEO would have been present I would have had to go through a hell of a time even though not doing anything wrong.
    It means nothing more than you need to know the local laws regarding what businesses you can carry in, and what the ramifications are if you choose not to follow those rules and laws. It's your responsibility as a gun owner that chooses to carry a weapon in public.

If I saw these two retards at a chipotle, I'd leave to. As would all the other customers. Attention whoring at its finest. I hate these people. They're ruining it for gun owners. I'll say it again: these idiots are winning over no one.

Black / White

No, they're not. They're trying to draw attention to themselves. Carrying rifles in a chipotle is pointless and dangerous. This wasn't some random guy with a handgun on his hip. These protests are 100% hurting the cause.

Anybody that throws out the words "rights" needs to step back and do some reading as your comments have no basis in reality. The constitution restricts the government (federal and state). It does not, in any way, restrict a business from saying no guns on my premises. End of discussion. It's incredibly hypocritical for the right to try to make this a civil rights issue when it never was.

What does that even mean? You're going off on some rant here that has no basis in reality, and little relevance to this discussion. Now you're just throwing out these impassioned statements because the man is takin' away mah gun rights! lol

It means nothing more than you need to know the local laws regarding what businesses you can carry in, and what the ramifications are if you choose not to follow those rules and laws. It's your responsibility as a gun owner that chooses to carry a weapon in public.

Click for full size

If I saw these two retards at a chipotle, I'd leave to. As would all the other customers. Attention whoring at its finest. I hate these people. They're ruining it for gun owners. I'll say it again: these idiots are winning over no one.
    I would too and I conceal carry on a regular basis...i'd leave just to avoid whatever happens after somebody called the cops on them whether it was legal or not.

2 guys walk into a chipotle with AR's or AK's...people leave and somebody calls the cops while they are chilling out eating a burrito...uneducated cop shows up, pulls gun on 2 guys eating a burrito with rifles attached to them...one of the guys moves in a way that makes the cop fear for his life or think they are going to shoot him...cop then shoots one of them and arrests the other one. Fast forward a few months and the cop is suspended with pay, the guy who wasnt shot gets some money for not breaking the law and being arrested, and the guy who did get shot "assuming he survives" never has to work again....

Thats what I would avoid...some might think thats a stretch, but that situation could have VERY EASILY happened. In fact, stuff like that happens literally on a weekly basis all over the country...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 05-20-2014 at 12:15 PM.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...i can see where you're coming from, ...but you have to look at this in broader terms of a culture war... the provocation for all of this is the anti-gun left "progressives", ...the natural response is to defy, and assert your rights, which is what these folks are doing...

so, f the provacateurs were to call off their dogs, virtually all of the open carry showmanship would stop... the problem is, the anti-gun left will never stop... ...such is the culture war...
    As I expected, you're (as usual) incapable of separating politics from everything else, including rational thought. You're trying to make this into some huge civil rights culture war issue. As much as I am for gun rights and like to carry weapons, who the hell are you to say that those people out there who fear guns, or don't like them, are wrong? Some people have fear from this sort of thing, based on incidents like the theater shooting, et al. Soccer moms eating at chipotle with their young children aren't going to feel comfortable with idiots like the above in there with them. No amount of more people carrying guns is going to ever get people used to being around it. You need to just understand that a lot of people aren't ever going to come around to the idea, which is why more gun owners need to stop doing stupid shit like these protests that turn even more people against us. And there is no civil rights issue here, so that's become moot. The right's going to have to find another angle to come at this from.

red
    95 Z28

And somebody tell me the reason for needing to carry a rifle walking around in suburbia America, or a chipotle? You're either showboating, or a gigantic pussy.

Please oh please someone come back in and say "because we can".

Black / White

And somebody tell me the reason for needing to carry a rifle walking around in suburbia America, or a chipotle? You're either showboating, or a gigantic pussy.

Please oh please someone come back in and say "because we can".
    its a double edged sword...the right needs to be there, but its one of those common sense deals...you shouldnt "key word shouldnt, not cant" go carry around a rifle in public because of the attention it brings towards you. Is it a right, yes...should you use common sense, absolutely...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Click for full size

jesus.......isn't it always 2 guys that look just like that?

Black / White

jesus.......isn't it always 2 guys that look just like that?
    at least he didnt have his finger on the trigger in the picture....

blue
    1999 TransAm

As I expected, you're (as usual) incapable of separating politics from everything else, including rational thought. You're trying to make this into some huge civil rights culture war issue. As much as I am for gun rights and like to carry weapons, who the hell are you to say that those people out there who fear guns, or don't like them, are wrong? Some people have fear from this sort of thing, based on incidents like the theater shooting, et al. Soccer moms eating at chipotle with their young children aren't going to feel comfortable with idiots like the above in there with them. No amount of more people carrying guns is going to ever get people used to being around it. You need to just understand that a lot of people aren't ever going to come around to the idea, which is why more gun owners need to stop doing stupid shit like these protests that turn even more people against us. And there is no civil rights issue here, so that's become moot. The right's going to have to find another angle to come at this from.
    ...and, as expected, you appear to have overlooked the allegory behind my explanation...

the example of the restaurants and their policy is a where civil rights and property rights typically collide, ...oftentimes private property rights prevail, but there have been exceptions...

...what this is about is the "long game" to what is a "culture war", between those who want to chip away individual liberties, and those who counter them... so, big picture, the cost of doing nothing is greater than the cost of a few over-the-top demonstrations...

this culture war is totally "political", ...as if that need be pointed out... the provacateurs are the anti-gun left, and their sugar daddy's like bloomberg... like i said before, if they were to stop propagandizing the media and lobbying to infringe, then none of this open carry stuff would be happening...

it just doesn't get any more black-n-white than that, 5.0....

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I totally agree. And I am Pro-Gun. That is why I prefer CCW over open carry. Less trouble and attention.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Thread Information