Thread: Epic Win

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Epic Win

Besides this article being wrote by some Libtard it's quite funny.

Got to love capitalism.

Police officers in Seattle, Washington held their first gun buyback program in 20 years this weekend, underneath interstate 5, and soon found that private gun collectors were working the large crowd as little makeshift gun shows began dotting the parking lot and sidewalks. Some even had “cash for guns” signs prominently displayed.

Police stood in awe as gun enthusiasts and collectors waved wads of cash for the guns being held by those standing in line for the buyback program.

People that had arrived to trade in their weapons for $100 or $200 BuyBack gift cards($100 for handguns, shotguns and rifles, and $200 for assault weapons) soon realized that gun collectors were there and paying top dollar for collectible firearms. So, as the line for the chump cards got longer and longer people began to jump ship and head over to the dealers.

Seattle Gun BuyBack Get's JACKED! Turns Into a Damn Gun Show! LOL | DCXposed

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

That is hilarious

98 Formula
    06 duramax

they better capitalize while they can because I see a new law in Seattle's future keeping that from happening again.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Link doesn't work. Article must have been removed.

red
    95 Z28

Thats funny shit right there. Alot of the police officers working there probably didnt even care, as they're gun enthusiasts too (not to mention they probably dont like all of the recent bullshit legislation either).

blue
    1999 TransAm

it's a 3 pronged win:

1) get guns for cheap

2) save idiot gov't from the expenditure (taxpayer money)

3) piss off gun grabbing leftists...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Thats funny shit right there. Alot of the police officers working there probably didnt even care, as they're gun enthusiasts too (not to mention they probably dont like all of the recent bullshit legislation either).

not so sure about that....the FOP is always against CCW laws and shit like that. They're policemen so they get to own a gun no matter what the laws say. If you ask the average cop I bet the majority would rather citizens didn't own weapons.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    If you ask the average cop I bet the majority would rather citizens didn't own weapons.
    I think that depends on where you ask. Inner cities high crime areas = yeah, low crime areas & suburbans most don't seem to care.

DFW (6.5 million) has close to the population as Chicago (7.9 million) but no where near the level of crime.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I think that depends on where you ask. Inner cities high crime areas = yeah, low crime areas & suburbans most don't seem to care.

DFW (6.5 million) has close to the population as Chicago (7.9 million) but no where near the level of crime.
    Does DFW have the same amount of gangs and poor neighborhoods as Chicago? I have been to DFW several times and don't recall seeing much or any of that there.

Navy Blue Metallic

South east Dallas has a lot of low income housing, the VA hospital is there and lets say I wouldn't come there at night unarmed.

FT worth has a lot of Latino gangs. It just seems that what ever they are doing gang on gang violence is keep some what contained. Very little spills out in the streets.

The suburbs in between all have some type of gang activity but like I said not to the levels of Chicago, hell even LA or NY.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I had one of the best steaks I've ever had in my entire life in DFW. About all I remember from there lol.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    not so sure about that....the FOP is always against CCW laws and shit like that. They're policemen so they get to own a gun no matter what the laws say. If you ask the average cop I bet the majority would rather citizens didn't own weapons.
    Most criminals dont have concealed carry licenses, and most people that go through the trouble of getting a CCW just want to protect themselves, and in many states it means they've had some level of training. That being said, most officers I know care very little about people owning weapons. Ask law enforcement officers in Alaska what they think.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Too bad there's not any of those in my area, I'd gladly up the ante for some of the weapons they are getting rid of. Many are trash from what I've heard from others though.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Does DFW have the same amount of gangs and poor neighborhoods as Chicago? I have been to DFW several times and don't recall seeing much or any of that there.
    No, we don't.....we have our own guns, so the gangs cant take over....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Most criminals dont have concealed carry licenses, and most people that go through the trouble of getting a CCW just want to protect themselves, and in many states it means they've had some level of training. That being said, most officers I know care very little about people owning weapons. Ask law enforcement officers in Alaska what they think.
    Yeah, cops around here like CCW holders, esp during traffic stops because they instantly know that we have a respect for the law, have no warrants, have a clean record, etc..In Texas you cant have a CHL if even youre behind on child support. I think bad credit can stop you too.

I've been talking to cops about guns, and granted we aren't in public, I've pulled mine out to let them check it out.

Thread Information