Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Can they take our guns?

Here's an interesting video. I have a couple friends in Australia that I talk to a couple times a week. They have some real insight on how bad it is, and this video is a real eye opener too. Thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I hope and pray that we will learn from their mistakes.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

They can try and it is very possible they could be successful but not without changing the country entirely. Not without killing its own citizens to take away a right that government is forbidden to infringe upon. The entire political structure of the country would change if something like that happened I believe.

Sure is an eye opener. I found it interesting in the video about how the percentage of murder, home invasion, etc..all went up after the guns were taken away.

I'll have to talk to my buddies and see if they have any insight as to how that all exactly happened. If it was overnight or over a long period of time and it just snuck up on them.

I've always felt this country is heading to that. They keep pecking away at it, little by little, and they probably won't stop until they have everything. Just as they hinted in the video where one fellow says "watch out America, this will happen to you in another 10 years" Almost as if they didn't see it coming.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 01-24-2013 at 02:19 PM.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

It "could" but I don't think that it will.

We have the 2nd amendment. Reguardless of what the try to take or how they try to whittle it down they can't repeal it. I thikn it's strong enough with some support it will last.

The gun industry is centered in America and there are plenty of politicians to support it. Austrailia imported everything so there was no lobbying power, the NRA and the firearm industry is pretty powerful.

I definately hope not but don't think theres a serious threat of that happening any time soon.

They giveth, and then they taketh away

Just like the video mentioned. I'm not completely comfortable that our 2nd amendment is a save all.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Sure is an eye opener. I found it interesting in the video about how the percentage of murder, home invasion, etc..all went up after the guns were taken away.
    The thieves know theres is nothing to fear, the homeowner (honest people) doesn't have any guns to protect themselfs.
    They giveth, and then they taketh away

Just like the video mentioned. I'm not completely comfortable that our 2nd amendment is a save all.
    X2

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

So if this happens all you have to do is become a criminal and buy guns illegally. Makes sense.

blue
    1999 TransAm

if they outlaw guns, ...i become an outlaw...

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    if they outlaw guns, ...i become an outlaw...
    Alot of people will.

On the news this morning, Sherriff Babue down in Pima County said he isn't obiding by the new laws that Obama is trying to put in place by executive order. He said he isn't going to inforce what isn't on the books here. Gotta love AZ. He sent a letter to Obama stating that more people have died from impared driving than they have from guns, and this is a statistic that's been true since the existance of man (or car). So is Obama going to take away the cars too? Great argument but don't know if it's going to stick. But it appears for the time being, AZ isn't going to follow these new gun laws that are put in place by executive order. Passing through congress and voting on it is another matter though. Don't think there is enough support for that to get something like this through at this point.

What's more interesting is that AZ is now putting in place another SB set of laws for guns that is seperate of what the government wants (similar to our SB1070 imigration laws that got so much national attention ) Not only that, but 11 other states have (or are in the process) of doing the same thing. Basically ignoring what Obama wants.

Sounds like it's going to get messy.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 01-25-2013 at 07:06 AM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

On the news this morning, Sherriff Babue down in Pima County said he isn't obiding by the new laws that Obama is trying to put in place by executive order. He said he isn't going to inforce what isn't on the books here. Gotta love AZ. He sent a letter to Obama stating that more people have died from impared driving than they have from guns, and this is a statistic that's been true since the existance of man (or car). So is Obama going to take away the cars too? Great argument but don't know if it's going to stick. But it appears for the time being, AZ isn't going to follow these new gun laws that are put in place by executive order. Passing through congress and voting on it is another matter though. Don't think there is enough support for that to get something like this through at this point.

What's more interesting is that AZ is now putting in place another SB set of laws for guns that is seperate of what the government wants (similar to our SB1070 imigration laws that got so much national attention ) Not only that, but 11 other states have (or are in the process) of doing the same thing. Basically ignoring what Obama wants.

yep, ..a lot of other sheriffs have as well, ..even the utah sherriffs assoc. sent a letter to hussein telling him to pound sand...

...we don't compromise w/ tyrants, ...plain and simple...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I had a feeling AZ was going to thumb their noses at the feds. We just passed a whole slew of gun laws. Arm the people. They WILL react when it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I had a feeling AZ was going to thumb their noses at the feds. We just passed a whole slew of gun laws. Arm the people. They WILL react when it is needed.
    May as well, 11 other states did the same. Unfortunately that's only about 1/5th of the nation. Wish more would do it.

blue
    1999 TransAm

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Well, that is good news when even one of the most antigun states in the union is only requiring registration. I know, registration is only a beginning, but they have shown how weak their hand is by not going for an outright ban.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Well, that is good news when even one of the most antigun states in the union is only requiring registration. I know, registration is only a beginning, but they have shown how weak their hand is by not going for an outright ban.
    ...you do know they OUTLAWED "possession" of all magazines over 7rnd capacity, right?... how do you find a pistol magazine w/ that low of capacity?... you can't... it's a draconian law...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

May as well, 11 other states did the same. Unfortunately that's only about 1/5th of the nation. Wish more would do it.
    I know, I saw where soem states were passing more laws designed to refuce restrictions even while the "news" was calling for and predicting an outright ban. I saw a census for 2011, and hunting was a 34 billion dollar industry. That even beat out McD's at 27 billion. The averahe person is so clueless. My fiance told me that they should ban full autos. I informed her as to the class 3 liscense. She also said they should ban 100 round mags. I informed her as to how the 100 round drums are so inconsistent in feeding. The general public is so lost. I remeber coming out of Cabelas one day,the old couple in front of me were discussing how terrible it was that we were allowed to hunt big horn sheep. I politely informed them that the liscensing fees paid for their habitat and monitoring. And, the chance of getting drawn assured that the coffers were always overflowing. I think they finally got it. Teddy Roosevelt lives in us all.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

...you do know they OUTLAWED "possession" of all magazines over 7rnd capacity, right?... how do you find a pistol magazine w/ that low of capacity?... you can't... it's a draconian law...
    Yeah, I remembered that I had forgotten to mention that.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I will NEVER give up my guns !!!!
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information