blue
    2001 WS6

12 lbs Trigger pull..WTF

12 lbs trigger pull on my S&W Sigma 40..WTF..was told at gun shop can't lighten pull...anyone know if thats true??

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

just get a new trigger assembly with a lighter pull on it, I believe mine on my xdm 40 is 5 or 6 pounds, I dont see why you cant change your trigger assembly out for a lighter one.

blue
    2001 WS6

they said i can't because it an early model(maybe 6 years old or more)..made 4 police..where could I get an assembly??

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I am sure their is a kit or maybe get ahold of the manufacturer, I wouldnt see why their wouldnt be something out their. That is like m16's they was made over 40 years ago but their constantly coming out with new things for weapons already being made, did he even check and see if their was anything, also you can try and get ahold of a gunsmith to.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Ill be Mr obvious here.

If you wanted a better trigger, you should have paid more than $250 on a gun.
    sigmas are cheap guns. Period.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    Ill be Mr obvious here.

If you wanted a better trigger, you should have paid more than $250 on a gun.
    sigmas are cheap guns. Period.
    Very true, I have no idea what a sigma is never even heard of them, but I dont see why he wouldnt be able to get ahold of a gunsmith and change out the trigger assembly to make it the way he wants. I believe I will just stick to my XDM .40 cal.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Very true, I have no idea what a sigma is never even heard of them, but I dont see why he wouldnt be able to get ahold of a gunsmith and change out the trigger assembly to make it the way he wants. I believe I will just stick to my XDM .40 cal.
    Nice gun I have one too. Just reloaded 400 rounds on sunday. Shot 180 on monday. I love the fact can shoot reloaded rounds out of the stock barrel without upgrade like the glock would have too. Makes shooting .40 so much cheaper.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Nice gun I have one too. Just reloaded 400 rounds on sunday. Shot 180 on monday. I love the fact can shoot reloaded rounds out of the stock barrel without upgrade like the glock would have too. Makes shooting .40 so much cheaper.
    I know I have actually had mine since april, I have only put 108 rounds threw mine lol, its just so damn expensive to go shoot as much as I would like. Its a awsome shooting weapon to. And I havent shot any reloaded rounds myself threw it, thats that match grade barrell and trigger for ya also lol.

Edit: I want to shoot the new XDM .45......

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I know I have actually had mine since april, I have only put 108 rounds threw mine lol, its just so damn expensive to go shoot as much as I would like. Its a awsome shooting weapon to. And I havent shot any reloaded rounds myself threw it, thats that match grade barrell and trigger for ya also lol.

Edit: I want to shoot the new XDM .45......
    Had mine since early September, put somewhere around 1,000-1,200 through it, over 200 reloaded rounds now. The xdm .45 will probably feel the same but with a little more recoil. My dads 1911 .45 has almost the same recoil as my gun probably because its a heavier gun which helps with recoil.

As for the OP you can def mod your gun. There alot of threads on gun forums that talk about cheap and sometimes free trigger mods for the sigma because it is a well known issue. There have been so many complaints about the 8-12lbs trigger and therefore are fixes.

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Glocks dont need a aftermarket barrel for reloads.
    I've run about 3000 homerolled through my g20.

You need a barrel with Ballard rifling to shoot lead, as the polygonal rifling tends to foul excessively and rapidly increase bore pressures potentially leading to a ka-boom.

Arctic White, red/gray

Glocks dont need a aftermarket barrel for reloads.
    I've run about 3000 homerolled through my g20.

You need a barrel with Ballard rifling to shoot lead, as the polygonal rifling tends to foul excessively and rapidly increase bore pressures potentially leading to a ka-boom.
    You are right, they dont need it but its highly recommended. More so in .40 rounds. There have been reports of the gun going boom after only a few hundred rounds.

Glock barrels do not fully support the cartridge which is just stupid in my eyes.

http://www.larrywillis.com/Glock.html --- There are many more threads and posts on forums and websites about the glock and reloading. Most people believe it is the unsupported barrel combined with weakened reloaded brass that causes the failures.

Obviously there are thousands of people who shoot glocks without issue and good for them but when deciding to buy the xdm or a glock this was a big deciding factor for me, why take the chance if the other company doesnt make you. Not to mention everyone from cops to gangsters have glocks.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-12-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Personal preference, and XD doesn't market a 10mm.

I currently have a G17,20 and 34.

I'd take a XD sub compact over a sub glock any day. But that's where my XD interest stops.

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=264410 i dont own a sigma but a search brought this up

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Personal preference, and XD doesn't market a 10mm.

I currently have a G17,20 and 34.

I'd take a XD sub compact over a sub glock any day. But that's where my XD interest stops.
    lol you can have your XD, XDM is much better the .40 XD only holds 12 rounds in the mag, XDM .40 holds 16 rounds. Plus the XDM has a match grade barrell and trigger. I have read many reviews about how much of a better grip the XDM has over the glock. And it also has been put and passed most of the same stress test as the glock.

But then again their is some things the glock does beat the XDM in, the thing with me tho is the same as zinergy's opinion everybody has glocks they are just to much of a damn me to gun, their like tampons every gangster ass teen pussy has one.

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Bluehawk, Im sure you meant that as a generalization.

But its funny you mention that. Alot of folks are drinking the XD koolaid.

I got my g20 back in 2001. As the only offering in a 10mm polymer frame. It was my competition gun as I got started in IDPA. I switched to a lone wolf modded g17 when I got tired of reloading all the time.

Just got the 34 as my new game gun. Hard to beat.
    Last edited by Willfully Armed; 10-13-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Both the glock and xdm series are great guns. Both are light weight, reliable, have lots of aftermarket(glocks obviusly has more because it has been out for so long). But IMO the xdm is better gun, i like the pins that stick out so you know when its cocked and you know when there is a round in the chamber by feeling the indicators. Helps alot if its dark and someone is kicking in your door. I like that the barrel fully supports the round, i like the match barrel and the rifiling. The trigger is good but could def be better which is why I will be upgrading it, aswell as the sights, decent but could be better those will also get a upgrade.

My next pistol will either be a .44mag or a kimber .45 as I love shooting both.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Bluehawk, Im sure you meant that as a generalization.

But its funny you mention that. Alot of folks are drinking the XD koolaid.

I got my g20 back in 2001. As the only offering in a 10mm polymer frame. It was my competition gun as I got started in IDPA. I switched to a lone wolf modded g17 when I got tired of reloading all the time.

Just got the 34 as my new game gun. Hard to beat.
    Oh no dont get me wrong the glock is a awsome weapon, I didnt knoxk it down what so ever. But I do believe that the weaknesses of the glock are made up in the XDM, and their is weaknesses in the XDM that the glock makes up for Every stress test I have read about both weapons being tested.

And I pretty much havee the same opinion as zinergy, the trigger doesnt bother me much as when I was in Iraq I carried a shitty berretta m9 and them weapons blow.

And as far as the Kimber goes I was going to get one of those myself when I got back from Iraq, but I just couldnt justify paying that much for a everyday carry weapon its more for show and shoot for fun on my budget haha. They are also great weapons.

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

I actually traded my Kimber pro carry for the 34.

It was a damn nice 45. But it wasn't a good game gun and I hated being limited to 8+1 for carry.
    I go back and forth on carry guns. I pretty much settled on a HK USP compact 9. 13+1 Angeles a great shooting gun. Would also be a good gun for ESP in IDPA.

If you buy a 1911, don't go cheap. $700 and up is a decent gun. Doesn't have to be a Kimber. Like a Springfield loaded. Make sure it has a lowered and flared ejection port.

Arctic White, red/gray

I actually traded my Kimber pro carry for the 34.

It was a damn nice 45. But it wasn't a good game gun and I hated being limited to 8+1 for carry.
    I go back and forth on carry guns. I pretty much settled on a HK USP compact 9. 13+1 Angeles a great shooting gun. Would also be a good gun for ESP in IDPA.

If you buy a 1911, don't go cheap. $700 and up is a decent gun. Doesn't have to be a Kimber. Like a Springfield loaded. Make sure it has a lowered and flared ejection port.
    After shooting my dads 1911 for a day I noticed that I went through just over half as many rounds as I do in my gun in the same amount of time but had just as much fun. Out of the 6 1911s I have shot the kimbers always felt the best. But I also really want a revolver and already have a semi-auto gun which is where I am at. Mag Revolver or .45 kimber. The cheap 1911s def feel cheap next to a kimber, the taurus 1911 I shot felt like it wanted to fall apart.

Since WI doesnt have conceal and carry I dont need a carry gun. We have open carry but if your seen with a gun on your hip in Milwaukee county you still get arrested.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yea we have concealed carried here in nc, and I know what you mean with the low amount of rounds on a 45, thats why I choose the gun I have now its 16+1 which isnt bad for a .40 cal.

But as far as revolver I would only buy one for a back up cause, they have less moving parts and more reliable then a semi auto, and if I were to get one it would prolly be a 38 special snub nose.

And I wish I could damn shoot a kimber I love just the looks of those weapons, the quality has to be pretty freakin awsome also, maybe sometime in the future.

Thread Information