Mallett, Hennessey or??

Ok I am in my 40's and like most when I saw articles about these cars I couldn't afford them. Now at a time in my life that I fortunately can. I hate buying new cars and love buying the cars I dreamed of. I have bought just about every car on my bucket list and now want a Tuner GM car.

I am no stranger to high performance cars and have had everything from 10sec street cars to Dinan stroker M5 as daily transport. I love rare fast cars.

Ok question is what is the deal with these Mallett CTSV's? Are they as fast and nimble as described? I always see one in SD Craigslist but it has LS2 which seams wrong for 2005?

Anybody have real life experience with a Callaway, Mallet or Hennessy family hauler? No Corvettes I have had plenty. Ctsv's. Suburbans. Impala SS?

Real life experiences with any??? How do they hold up against todays HP 4drs or SUV'S??? I have had a lot of high end German cars but want there tightness with US torque.

Thanks and hope you get question?

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I don't have experience with those particular cars, but I do believe that 2005 was the first production year for the LS2. Prior to that, the Corvette Z06 (and presumably by extension, the CTS-V) was equipped with the LS6/T-56. If memory serves, the LS7 (6th Gen Z06) didn't come out till after the LS3 came out in 2008-ish (?).
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

If it's a LS2 then it's a '06 or '07 CTS-V
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

98 Formula
    06 duramax

add an 06 GTO to your list.....sounds like it would fit you pretty well. Interior is spot on and plenty of power out of the LS2 with the option to always add more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

How about a Trailblazer SS? LS2 and solid platform to build on. There are some mean ones out there.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Thread Information