Black
    '01 WS-6

Interior lights (dome and map) out

Anybody ever have all the interior lights go out? I checked the fuses and bulbs. I'll take it in under warranty, but if there is something else to check I'd do it myself.... 2004 CTS-V.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Looks like they are both powered by the 'Interior Lamp' 10 amp fuse in the right rear fuse block. If thats the one you checked and its ok, then its time to take it in under warranty.

Black
    '01 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Looks like they are both powered by the 'Interior Lamp' 10 amp fuse in the right rear fuse block. If thats the one you checked and its ok, then its time to take it in under warranty.
    Are you talking about the rear fuse block under the hood? Or is there another fuse block at the rear of the car? I checked every 10 and 15 amp fuse I could find under the hood. Can't remember the names of them all right now. Thanks for the help.. Tom.

FYI, I have a 70 cutlass supreme that I got in 1995. Any relation to your forum name?
    Last edited by tom96formula; 06-25-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Cutlass question.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Is there a switch or button to turn them off? My tahoe has one so the interior lights don't come on.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by tom96formula View Post
    Are you talking about the rear fuse block under the hood? Or is there another fuse block at the rear of the car? I checked every 10 and 15 amp fuse I could find under the hood. Can't remember the names of them all right now. Thanks for the help.. Tom.

FYI, I have a 70 cutlass supreme that I got in 1995. Any relation to your forum name?
    Yeah besides the one under the hood there are 3 more fuse blocks (LR, RR, and Steering column.)
    You wanna find the Right Rear. If you pull the back where it meets the bottom of the rear seat you'll find a fuse block. Its a horrible location and I hate it.

Yeah I've had some Cutlass's in my past and loved them. Nothing as cool as a 70 Cutty but I had a '78, '83, and an '88. All RWD and the '88 was my baby. It ran 13.1 quarter mile and had a 383 Stroker that I built. It was my summertime DD.

Black
    '01 WS-6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Yeah besides the one under the hood there are 3 more fuse blocks (LR, RR, and Steering column.)
    You wanna find the Right Rear. If you pull the back where it meets the bottom of the rear seat you'll find a fuse block. Its a horrible location and I hate it.

Yeah I've had some Cutlass's in my past and loved them. Nothing as cool as a 70 Cutty but I had a '78, '83, and an '88. All RWD and the '88 was my baby. It ran 13.1 quarter mile and had a 383 Stroker that I built. It was my summertime DD.
    Click for full size
    Never would have found that fuse block on my own. Thanks for the help. 10 amp fuse and the interior lights are now on. THANKS.

I see you have a Formula WS-6. I almost bought one of those instead of my WS-6 TA. I liked the wide spaced fog lamps on the Formulas (and rigid roof).

I just bought a 455 for my Cutlass (70k miler out of a 72 Vista Cruiser). Lower compression - 8.5:1, but plan on dropping it in this winter with just a cam swap and headers. Maybe Edelbrock heads and 10.25:1 pistons in a another year or two when funds become available.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Alright glad to hear its fixed!!
    Are you a member at Oldspower.com or RealOldpower.com? If you have any questions about your Olds those guys are good, especially at Oldspower.com. There real friendly and helpful. I've been a member over there since June 2000.

Black
    '01 WS-6

I've been to that site. Very informative. I work with an Olds guy who has lots of good info too. Here are a shot of my car and engine (came with TH400 trans too).

Thread Information