Black
    2005 CTS-V

About to buy this V.

So I am thinking I am going to get rid of the Tbss and go with a cts-v. I miss diving a car and a six speed mostly and have always liked the Vs. So I am looking at the car below Saturday, guy is asking 25k I was going to offer around 22k and tell him to keep the sound system, what would you guys pay? Also anything I should look for specifically? And what kind of gas milage are you guys getting, mainly on the highway?

2005 Cadillac Black CTS-V 400+ HP *Warranty*

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

I'd tell him to keep the rims as well, and idk if that sound system just comes out so easily.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'm getting around 24-26 on the HWY with mine.

-initial rears had a lot of issues
    -buttons on the NAV chip on many of them
    -motor mounts often need to replaced
    -tranny makes a decent amount of noise

Overall they are absolutely awesome cars. I absolutely love mine. Mine is listed on here if interested.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I think that car is definitely in the $20k - $23k range. he probably wants a little more because of his upgrades and thats up to you if you wanna pay more.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Stock rims come with the car, Im not to sure about the rims on the car either we will see how they look in person. We will see about the sound system, personally its just pointless extra weight, a small sub makes sense to me, not what is in there Im not in high school anymore lol, personal preference though. The fact it still has the warrenty is worth a lot when buying a used car. Thanks for the replies!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfin06Tbss View Post
    Stock rims come with the car, Im not to sure about the rims on the car either we will see how they look in person. We will see about the sound system, personally its just pointless extra weight, a small sub makes sense to me, not what is in there Im not in high school anymore lol, personal preference though. The fact it still has the warrenty is worth a lot when buying a used car. Thanks for the replies!
    I'm not sure how quick I'd be to ask someone to remove something like that on a car they're selling. No telling what kinds of cut wires you're gonna end up with. If you're gonna do that then buy it and remove/sell it yourself.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Out of experience with buying used cars with a aftermarket sound system/navigation, every time I seem to offer lower then asking price they usually fire back with "well I could do that without the sound system." So I wont tell him to take it out I plan on him making that decision himself lol.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Found a different one, 2005 30k miles, from a dealership and they want $22.5, in the process of buying it I dont think I can find a better price. Writing up a contract once I buy it, its going right to the mechanic to get looked over if anything is wrong they either fix it or take it back. Really low miles for that year but i am almost 100% positive it needs motor mounts. Are these cars known for anything particular to go wrong around 30k miles?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Found a different one, 2005 30k miles, from a dealership and they want $22.5, in the process of buying it I dont think I can find a better price. Writing up a contract once I buy it, its going right to the mechanic to get looked over if anything is wrong they either fix it or take it back. Really low miles for that year but i am almost 100% positive it needs motor mounts. Are these cars known for anything particular to go wrong around 30k miles?
    motor mounts needing replacement is of no surprise.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

rear tires
    But besides that, not really. It the previous owner didn't beat on it too bad, you won't find much besides maybe some general maintenance (maybe brakes, tires, fuel filter, clutch hydraulic fluid, bulbs, wiper blades, etc.).

If it has been beat on, certainly look at the motor mounts and rear diff. And after a bunch of miles, I've seen the shifters starts to get sloppy because the linkage wears out a bit.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Motor mounts are shot for sure, you can hear the engine moving when you hit the gas, and when you shut the car off the car shakes a bit when the motor winds down. The clutch fluid looked good, and I looked at the back fender to see how much rubber is on it and there was non. Going tomorrow morning to trade in the tbss and pick up the V. I will post pics tomorrow night. Ordering H&R springs for it tomorrow as well and going to black out the grills and tail lights this weekend! Pretty excited, I have missed the TA a ton and driving a car so change is good tomorrow!

Thread Information