Thread: Screw best buy

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Screw best buy

Ok so the other day my laptop ran like shit. I did everything (Run antivirus, defragment my hard drive, clean up my disk, and even a system restore) still no go. So i take it to the geek squad and they guy told me its $199 for advanced diagnostics and repair. I get it done and bring it back home Wednesday night. I start it up and it still ran like shit (took about 10 min to boot up and none of my programs ran) Thursday morning it took me about 15 min just to send an email. So I take it back and tell the guy its still the same and the computer doesnt even boot up when he tried lol so he knew i wasnt lying (especially since its only been 24 hrs since I had it) So the guy is mad cool and told me hes sorry and hell work on it right then and there which he did cuz i was in the store for an hour and saw him working on it. He was running other scans on it and he said it would scan my ENTIRE PC. It takes about 6 hours do just scan.

Today I go back and there is a differant guy and he tells me my processor failed, now heres the best part.

I asked them to load a recovery thing on my hard drive when i first bought the laptop so incase my comp does F up I will still have lot of the programs. Now the guy said that its not done scanning but if thats the only error, its under warrenty and HP would replace it for free. However if it is the CD (with the recovery loaded on to them) that are bad then I will have to pay more $$ to have them delete the virus???

What the hell??? I already paid $199 to have it fixed the first time. Since they couldnt find out the problem the first time why do I pay the $199. Its $79.99 for a diagnostics and another $120.00 to repair. THEY DIDNT REPAIR SHIT ITS ALL THE MANUFACTORER whos under fault. Can I still get my $120 back or is it to late?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If your cpmputer is still under warranty then get in touch with the manufacturer. I had to take mine to GS when my motherboard fried. Got it back in 3 weeks from HP. Had warranty.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

No offense, but anyone that uses Geek Squad is a complete moron. Seriously, they are huge ripoffs. Insane prices. Next time look for a person operating out of their home or garage, or a college student who is going for a degree in computer field. The guy I found fixes computers at his house as a side job for fun really, only takes as many jobs as he wants. Charges me next to nothing, and since he is small and relies on good word of mouth, he always goes above and beyond.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Eventually I have to have mine serviced. I used it and everything worked. A week after, the light for the volume control went out and I cannot un-mute the volume. I can click on the volume icon and turn the volume up though.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Damn, you can buy small notebooks now-a-days for $200!

2011 Prius

You got ripped... I normally charge 30-50% less then them and still make decent money..

Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

Heres what I have found after hiring about 3 different computer repair techs

Complete Idiots !

Moral of the story is If you want something done right do it yourself

The last guy I hired to remove a nasty virus from my computer, "Down loaded By my little girl"

The dude only managed to further infect my computer by downloading free spyware remover via the internet.
    well after 3 hours of computer talk and other nonsense ,I gave the dude $20 Bucks and kicked him out of my house
    It took me 2 weeks to get all the shit off my computer he downloaded on there and at the end of the day I discovered my browser had been hijacked which is a really easy fix
    (10min max)
    Learn to fix your own car and computer

Bon

Which one?
    73;79;81;84;88;98

Best Buys sucks ass! I will never buy another thing from them. EVERY item i have ever bought at that store has failed withing a year. On top of it, the warranty you buy covers it, but every time they replace it you have to buy another warranty, because the one you bought was on the first item and doesn't cover the replacement! WTF???!! So, lets see, i replace it every 6 weeks and pay another insane warranty price? F YOU MF"S! Never again. The last time i got the runaround for two months where they never listened to what was going on with the item and then gave it back saying it was fine one time, replaced shit that didn't even pertain to the problem the second time and then just told me nothing was wrong and that was the way it was supposed to work when it would only play one in ten DVDs....I hate that store with a passion! I will not waste another second of my life in that hole! Damn, i have wanted to tell someone that i guess HAHAHAH!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by VtBandit View Post
    Best Buys sucks ass! I will never buy another thing from them. EVERY item i have ever bought at that store has failed withing a year. On top of it, the warranty you buy covers it, but every time they replace it you have to buy another warranty, because the one you bought was on the first item and doesn't cover the replacement! WTF???!! So, lets see, i replace it every 6 weeks and pay another insane warranty price? F YOU MF"S! Never again. The last time i got the runaround for two months where they never listened to what was going on with the item and then gave it back saying it was fine one time, replaced shit that didn't even pertain to the problem the second time and then just told me nothing was wrong and that was the way it was supposed to work when it would only play one in ten DVDs....I hate that store with a passion! I will not waste another second of my life in that hole! Damn, i have wanted to tell someone that i guess HAHAHAH!
    Tell us how you really feel about Best Buy? Try not to hold back any.

Senior Member Blown Interceptor's Avatar

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

PC Techs that come to your house should already have things they need. I always carry my tool case, laptop and a cd case with programs I will need...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have been going through different features on my laptop to see if I have any viruses. So far, no viruses have been detected. But I want to speed up the loading. I'll figure it out somehow.

Senior Member Blown Interceptor's Avatar

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I have been going through different features on my laptop to see if I have any viruses. So far, no viruses have been detected. But I want to speed up the loading. I'll figure it out somehow.

Loading to the desktop?

msconfig, startup tab, then uncheck programs you don't need to load...
    Last edited by Blown Interceptor; 12-05-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    No offense, but anyone that uses Geek Squad is a complete moron. Seriously, they are huge ripoffs. Insane prices. Next time look for a person operating out of their home or garage, or a college student who is going for a degree in computer field. The guy I found fixes computers at his house as a side job for fun really, only takes as many jobs as he wants. Charges me next to nothing, and since he is small and relies on good word of mouth, he always goes above and beyond.
    You have a PM

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    You have a PM
    Depends what your doing and how much you have to spend.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor View Post
    Loading to the desktop?

msconfig, startup tab, then uncheck programs you don't need to load...
    OK. Went through MSConfig. When there is a "stopped" program, does that mean there is a problem? I had to uninstall a few drivers as they were "damaged" and I was getting the blue screen/crashdump. Hasn't crashed as much lately after I uninstalled the damaged drivers. Happened once since uninstall. Do I need to disable the "stopped" programs?

Thread Information