For those of you who have been wondering how to do it, here you go.

You've got 1 of two ways....

Hardware setup:
Playstation 3 connected to a router that your PC is connected to. Either Wireless or Hardwired.

Your PC cannot have Windows Firewall enabled at this time (From what i've discovered) and other firewalls may cause issues so you may have to disable them. ALSO if you are on wireless make sure you have WEP enabled. 64bit or 128bit (128bit is better)

Software setup:
Windows Media Player 11 with latest patch's XP or Vista
OR
TVersity Media Server

I've discovered TVersity is easier.

Using TVersity: http://tversity.com/download/
Also install http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm
Install all media codec's and follow on screen instructions. You may have to uninstall other codec packs as it may cause issues (i didnt and it works fine, but i also use XP Codec, i will recommend you uninstall them)

Now after it installs you maybe required to reboot, if so, do so.

Now load up TVersity, go to settings leave all settings alone they are just fine unless you are HD TV then you need to adjust accordingly.
Start the server, now under sharing, click the "+" in the upper left hand corner and add your folders.

add the folders you wish to add....

Now start up the PS3 it should find it automatically, if not search for media servers.

- If your subtitles or xvid/divx movies don't all properly work, shut down the server and go to Start>Run and type in "mediaserver -debug" I actually have to do this every time I start it myself because subtitles don't work otherwise oddly enough.
- If your PS3 isn't recognizing your connection, go to start>control panel>network connections and under the "advanced" menu on your toolbar, scroll down to "advanced settings" Make sure the connection that your PS3 is connecting to your server computer on is at the top of that list. If it's not, move it there.

WMP 11 tends to be a pain sometimes, but you maybe able to use it.

Go to your libary icon, and click the drop down menu, select Media Sharing....
And check the box that enables you to share your media....

dont close the box out yet, on your PS3 scan for media servers, then your ps3 will show up as "unknown" click allow and add folders.

Thats easy!