Page 1 of 23 1234521 ... LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Official Forza Thread!

I am starting this thread for Forza 1, 2 and 3 games. Feel free to post your car designs, your fastest laps, Xbox live user tags for online battle between each other. Etc....
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Anyone I'll be online next week sometime and have my tag name then. This thread could be epic

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Just a tip for when you get to Forza three. don't bother worrying about traction, there is no such thing in the game. Your best bet is to start of with a powerful vehicle (like a viper) as apposed to making something like a fourth gen fast when it comes to traction.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Just a tip for when you get to Forza three. don't bother worrying about traction, there is no such thing in the game. Your best bet is to start of with a powerful vehicle (like a viper) as apposed to making something like a fourth gen fast when it comes to traction.
    Is this with traction off or with it on

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Traction off, what's the fun otherwise

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Just wondering, I have fun both ways but drifting with everything off is the cats meow I'll have my username and online today and will post

Impounded
    gmcheviac

my 1030 horsepower viper gts is more controllable than a 400 horsepower full on 4th gen race car... Fail

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

my Username is BlackSS01 people can go ahead and befriend me

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

This thread was epic fail

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Try posting it in the general area of the "Anything Goes" section. I know most people dont go into all the sub-forums stuff.
    My username on there is chriscamh3 but I havent done any online things. Here's the link for my page thing with the few pics I've uploaded on there. Have alot more. They just arent in my storefront yet.
    http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/pro...tag=chriscamh3

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

bump?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    my 1030 horsepower viper gts is more controllable than a 400 horsepower full on 4th gen race car... Fail
    Why is this surprising??? You mean to tell me that a car with a very low CG 4 wheel independent suspension very wide sticky tires designed primarily for track abuse is easier to control than a street car with a live rear higher CG less even weight distribution more flexible chassis smaller wheels and stamped steel suspension components!?!?!? Oh the horror!!!! I'd say that's rather realistic.

I'm sure a fully modded 4th gen in Forza 3 can take on stock cars of a higher caliber.... but I wouldn't expect a 4th gen to be anywhere NEAR the same league as a modded viper. That's just silly talk that is.

Besides, at least for me, that's a lot of the fun in these racing games. Taking something that shouldn't be able to win the race and coaxing victory out of it! Be the better driver, not just the guy behind the wheel of the best machine.

The CPU drivers in GT4 were automatons that weren't a heck of a lot of fun to drive against.... so I drove against myself. Over the years since GT4 came out I've driven EVERY car in the game.... all 720 of em. I've driven almost all of them around the nurburgring as well. All except the 1886 motorwagens... they can't make it up the hills

I'd love to get a 360 and Forza 3 just so I can take my 4th gen and try like hell to beat a stock viper on the ring. When it comes to racing games that's my idea of fun.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    Besides, at least for me, that's a lot of the fun in these racing games. Taking something that shouldn't be able to win the race and coaxing victory out of it! Be the better driver, not just the guy behind the wheel of the best machine.
    That's what I do with all of my cars. My favorite is the Skyline GTR R34 that I built that spanks the hell out of R3 and R2 class race-spec cars.

And I've built a few good drift cars. My favorite so far is my 2010 Shelby GT500.

Drifting the 2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 in New York

Drifting my Z06 with my custom made ZR900 package on the Amalfi Coast

Skyline GTR R34 at 223mph at Le Mans

Drifting the M5 at Road Atlanta

Trying to drift the Challenger. Engine isnt tuned right. Going to re-swap the engine. The Hemi 540 is not a good engine for drifting. Going back to modded stock engine.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

So I caved.... Bought a used 360 Pro in original box with original store receipt for 180. got me some Forza action going on and even though I pretty much only had Saturday afternoon to play I'm about 3.5% done with the game. My 02 TransAm is my primary beast slayer and It's currently at 425 PI. Bout as good as it's gonna get for handling though. I can stiffen it some but that will put me into class B and I'm racing the C championship right now. After that it's just power mods. I'm thinking the car can get to the top of class B but i'm not sure if it can go further. It feels so much like my car.... i even plugged in the spring rates for the Strano springs and put the car to the height i think mine is. Feels awesome!

I don't have live yet and to be honest... I would be 100% content to race offline for the next 6 years with this game as i did with GT4.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

So I caved.... Bought a used 360 Pro in original box with original store receipt for 180. got me some Forza action going on and even though I pretty much only had Saturday afternoon to play I'm about 3.5% done with the game. My 02 TransAm is my primary beast slayer and It's currently at 425 PI. Bout as good as it's gonna get for handling though. I can stiffen it some but that will put me into class B and I'm racing the C championship right now. After that it's just power mods. I'm thinking the car can get to the top of class B but i'm not sure if it can go further. It feels so much like my car.... i even plugged in the spring rates for the Strano springs and put the car to the height i think mine is. Feels awesome!

I don't have live yet and to be honest... I would be 100% content to race offline for the next 6 years with this game as i did with GT4.
    Yea, I've had the game since it came out and I have never raced online. The regular game content is awesome. I have a fully built 02 Trans Am too but I havent tuned it at all.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Gotta get to tuning.... You already have the best resource for what should work on that car and honestly I think the Strano rates do work well in the game. As long as you don't lower the car any more than the Strano springs do... Naturally if you go any lower the rates need to go up.

Other than that there isn't a heck of a lot to tune really. If the car is twitchy? adjust shocks. oversteer/understeer without twitchiness? adjust rear springs. I think the most important tuning in these games is the gearing. The right gearing for the track can make or break a fantastic time. What works great on the Nurb just won't do at Suzuka or Laguna Seca. the Short ratios you use on a road course will get you clobbered at a superspeedway etc etc.

Of course I'm oversimplifying a LOT and if you wanted to extract every .001 out of the car then yes proper chassis tuning can help shave precious fractions off but i think most drivers have enough error built in thanks to HDTV lag times and twitchy handheld wireless controllers that super fine tuning the chassis is best left to the hardest of the hardcore.... and those with low lag setups with wired wheels and pedals

BTW.... in a nod to the detail of this game.... I notice that the WS6 has the option for a STB and SFC's yet when I went to upgrade my VW Scirocco... no SFC's. Even MS knows it's the most important first upgrade for an F-body
    Last edited by LSCyaL8R; 04-19-2010 at 01:47 PM.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Gotta get to tuning.... You already have the best resource for what should work on that car and honestly I think the Strano rates do work well in the game. As long as you don't lower the car any more than the Strano springs do... Naturally if you go any lower the rates need to go up.

Other than that there isn't a heck of a lot to tune really. If the car is twitchy? adjust shocks. oversteer/understeer without twitchiness? adjust rear springs. I think the most important tuning in these games is the gearing. The right gearing for the track can make or break a fantastic time. What works great on the Nurb just won't do at Suzuka or Laguna Seca. the Short ratios you use on a road course will get you clobbered at a superspeedway etc etc.

Of course I'm oversimplifying a LOT and if you wanted to extract every .001 out of the car then yes proper chassis tuning can help shave precious fractions off but i think most drivers have enough error built in thanks to HDTV lag times and twitchy handheld wireless controllers that super fine tuning the chassis is best left to the hardest of the hardcore.... and those with low lag setups with wired wheels and pedals

BTW.... in a nod to the detail of this game.... I notice that the WS6 has the option for a STB and SFC's yet when I went to upgrade my VW Scirocco... no SFC's. Even MS knows it's the most important first upgrade for an F-body
    What are the Strano Spring rates and drop? I dont have any of that info, lol. And I didnt know you could upgrade the STB and SFC's since I got rid of the LS1, lol. I swapped in an LS9 from the get go and made it twin turbo . I was thinking about doing the C5R as well but the LS9 seemed so badass at the time, lol. Now I just have to come up with a good paint scheme for it. The black is just kinda boring in the game. In real life, the black on my WS6 looks amazing and so simple, but for some reason, I just dont like how it is in the game.
    -Chris

2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - stock (under construction)
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Why is this surprising??? You mean to tell me that a car with a very low CG 4 wheel independent suspension very wide sticky tires designed primarily for track abuse is easier to control than a street car with a live rear higher CG less even weight distribution more flexible chassis smaller wheels and stamped steel suspension components!?!?!? Oh the horror!!!! I'd say that's rather realistic.

I'm sure a fully modded 4th gen in Forza 3 can take on stock cars of a higher caliber.... but I wouldn't expect a 4th gen to be anywhere NEAR the same league as a modded viper. That's just silly talk that is.

The CPU drivers in GT4 were automatons that weren't a heck of a lot of fun to drive against.... so I drove against myself. Over the years since GT4 came out I've driven EVERY car in the game.... all 720 of em. I've driven almost all of them around the nurburgring as well. All except the 1886 motorwagens... they can't make it up the hills

I'd love to get a 360 and Forza 3 just so I can take my 4th gen and try like hell to beat a stock viper on the ring. When it comes to racing games that's my idea of fun.
    higher center of gravity promotes weight transfer and forward traction, I realize the viper will corner better. A camaro with engine bolt ons, the widest rear race tires, chassis stiffening (better weight bias) and drag optimized suspension shouldn't hook up better than a viper, bone stock chassis and tires with 1000+ horsepower??

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well... i haven't played this game in a while... forgot i had it even...

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    well... i haven't played this game in a while... forgot i had it even...
    Well get to it man. We need to get more people online, lol.

Page 1 of 23 1234521 ... LastLast

Thread Information