office outlook and mobile device center grrrrrrrr

I had to reinstall office and once I did all my contacts dissapeared on my pda phone after an auto sync. how do i recover them? my contacts file seems to be intact in my my documents\contacts on my computer, plus i have 2 backups and they are the exact same size, but when i open outlook now there are no contacts... and i cant obviously sync no contacts back on my phone. how do i restore them from the file? this is entirely frustrating... microsoft has the worst programmers, it should NEVER delete ANYTHING without confirming, especially contacts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Any time i've flashed my phone i just copy over the pim.vol from my computer to the phone and replace the on on the phone, that's always worked for me.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That is really strange. If you reinstalled outlook, and, your phone still had all your contacts, then when you went to sync, it should have copied all your contacts from your phone to the fresh outlook install...

Maybe I'm not understanding. Are the contacts that are still on your computer in the windows contacts file? Because you can merge Windows contacts and Outlook.

I just did a complete Vista Ultimate install and used my phone to sync all my contacts, calendar etc... into the fresh install of outlook on the laptop with no problem.

If one is empty and the other is not... it should copy from one to the other no matter how you have it set up to sync the first time. I have it set up to copy files from my computer to my SCH i70 when there are changes made normally. But, as I said, the file automatically copied from my phone to my computer the first sync.

Heh... Now I am confused

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

You can establish synch priorities in device center to specify whether the default synch is outlook to phone, or phone to outlook... Have you tried accessing your phone as a drive and simply exporting the contact file?

Thread Information