Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Angry I am going to fucking snap!!

I am seriously going to take my laptop and smash the living shit out of it. Like I have posted before it is a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HP N5470 Laptop. I was having tons of problems and everyone told me to format it. I formated it (Took 6 hrs some how with all the shutting down) After I formated it, I put Windows XP service pack 1 (2001) in and registered. I have now downloaded about 6,000 fucking updates from Microsoft.com and am at Service Pack 3 with full updates. The issue is I cannot defragment or run scan disk on the pile of shit. I have scanned for viruses with a antivirus/spyware and it is clean. Every time I try to run one of the two programs, the fucking shit box freezes or just shuts off out of the blue (plugged in with 100% battery power on new battery)

If I don't get this thing going by the end of tomorrow night, I am literally going to throw it against the ground over and over again til I see parts coming out. Then I am going to drive over it and do a burnout. I am done with it, 4 months of working on it and I am DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Might be having some harddrive probs. Bad sectors possibly.
    Go to Best buy, buy a new HD, put it in, try it out. If it works, return the HD to BB and order it from newegg. If it don't work, return the HD to BB, go home and toss your laptop in the mircowave for 12 mins on high.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Film it if you opt to destroy it, should be a great youtube vid.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

FINALLY, scan disk worked for fucking once. No errors, no bad sectors, no problems to correct (I checked to have it fix shit it found, might take longer but oh well) Defrag still doesn't work. Thank god I have it plugged next to this computer I am posting on so i can get some shit done. And I will film it, no questions if I break it or not, if its not fixed, its FUCKING DONE.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I seriously have about 290 hrs in this thing, no bullshit. I am going to take a break walk away and light one up. I will be back in about 10 minutes or so. God I have a fucking headache.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Dont kill it... You will think this is a joke but ship it to me. It is what I do for a living. Y2KPewterSS aka Preston lives just minutes from me. He knows I would not be crapping you. And could get it back if I didn't send it back. But would be glad to work on it at just the cost of shipping. Check with Y2KPewterSS first. And if you want I can fix it for you.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    FINALLY, scan disk worked for fucking once. No errors, no bad sectors, no problems to correct (I checked to have it fix shit it found, might take longer but oh well) Defrag still doesn't work. Thank god I have it plugged next to this computer I am posting on so i can get some shit done. And I will film it, no questions if I break it or not, if its not fixed, its FUCKING DONE.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, it froze at 2% on defrag for the honestly 11th time in a row. Cigarette here I come.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Dont kill it... You will think this is a joke but ship it to me. It is what I do for a living. Y2KPewterSS aka Preston lives just minutes from me. He knows I would not be crapping you. And could get it back if I didn't send it back. But would be glad to work on it at just the cost of shipping. Check with Y2KPewterSS first. And if you want I can fix it for you.
    He is legit, he can and will fix it and you wouldn't have to worry about being scammed or not getting it back.

I still would enjoy watching it get the hell beat out of it though, makes me think of Office Space

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Well, it froze at 2% on defrag for the honestly 11th time in a row. Cigarette here I come.

With it freezing it does sound like a HDD going bad. Seem like a sector on the drive it can not get past. They make external drive cases for laptop drives. They are like 5 dollars on Newegg. You could take your HDD out and put it in the external case. Plug it via USB to your main PC. Then open a dos window and run a scan disk on the drive. It should show bad sectors or just fail on you.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

If its going bad, I am not sticking any money into a new HD for this shit pile considering it is over 8 years old. I will NEVER BUY A HP computer again. It was defraging and scan disking perfect before I spent hours on microsoft.com updating this and updating that. I appreciate your offer, but if it is the HD then I take it you wouldn't be able to fix it without getting a new one, which I am hell bent on not doing. Right now as I type it is defraging, at 4% with moving files from the Registry. I thought defrag shouldn't move registry files.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

7%, fuck this thing might just make it. Farthest its gotten since I ran into problems. Everyone cross your fingers

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Get defraggler.

Google it.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Get defraggler.

Google it.
    As long as the drive is not going bad. Taking the drive out and running chkdsk when plugged in via USB should tell you.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

HOLY FUCK, IT WORKED, IT REALLY WORKED!! Finally after what I counted as the 13th time, it defraged it without freezing. Hopefully now I don't have any other issues. And Z28, thanks for the offer. I appreciate it very much. If I do run into other issues I may hit you up via PM. Hopefully I won't need you because I don't think my heart can take the high levels of anger I get from this thing. I just scan disked it for the 2nd time for good measure and it worked without a hitch. This thing still put me in the mood for 8 to 10 tall glasses of Captain and Coke, so out to get coke soon I will be.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    With it freezing it does sound like a HDD going bad. Seem like a sector on the drive it can not get past. They make external drive cases for laptop drives. They are like 5 dollars on Newegg. You could take your HDD out and put it in the external case. Plug it via USB to your main PC. Then open a dos window and run a scan disk on the drive. It should show bad sectors or just fail on you.
    I've had to do that with one of my desk tops when my hard drive took a dump.

Now I just use the case and a hard drive as a back up.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

HOLY FUCK, IT WORKED, IT REALLY WORKED!! Finally after what I counted as the 13th time, it defraged it without freezing. Hopefully now I don't have any other issues. And Z28, thanks for the offer. I appreciate it very much. If I do run into other issues I may hit you up via PM. Hopefully I won't need you because I don't think my heart can take the high levels of anger I get from this thing. I just scan disked it for the 2nd time for good measure and it worked without a hitch. This thing still put me in the mood for 8 to 10 tall glasses of Captain and Coke, so out to get coke soon I will be.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Thanks, god for a hour or two I thought I was going to lose it. I lost my cool but thought I might snap and have a mental breakdown. to everyone.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Thanks, god for a hour or two I thought I was going to lose it. I lost my cool but thought I might snap and have a mental breakdown. to everyone.
    Go get the coke for the Captain..

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Been there, done that more times than I can say!

Deep breaths... it's over.

For now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information