327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

How to speed up cd importing on computer?

My question is how to turn the speed up the import speed on my computer? Im importing cds in my itunes and its taking FOREVER! So what does it take top tweak the setting so that i can import faster?

Black
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    My question is how to turn the speed up the import speed on my computer? Im importing cds in my itunes and its taking FOREVER! So what does it take top tweak the setting so that i can import faster?
    depends what your converting them too, and what speed your CD Drive is, file conversion and be spead up, CD drive cannot.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthawk LS1 View Post
    depends what your converting them too, and what speed your CD Drive is, file conversion and be spead up, CD drive cannot.
    i dunno drive speed...but im puttin my cd collection into itunes(AAC encoder at 256 kbps)

Thats what a buddy told me to set itunes up for sound quality..... but idk bout this stuff....

I spend to much time workin on cars/trucks, so i dont get seat time on a computer much

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

The speed you can rip CDs will be limited by your CD-ROM drive. Sometimes it says it on the front of the drive... if you've seen a large "32x" on the front of some drives... thats the speed. It ranges from 2x (unheard of now) to around 52x iirc.

Most CD ripping software gives an option to change the speed used. I don't know about iTunes though. And also, not entirely sure, but a faster speed might result in a lower quality.

iTunes is slow anyway. With your computer specs (that you listed in a different thread) I would try to find a free CD ripping program to get the MP3s, and then load them onto your iPod using iTunes. It would probably be faster than trying to let iTunes handle everything.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    The speed you can rip CDs will be limited by your CD-ROM drive. Sometimes it says it on the front of the drive... if you've seen a large "32x" on the front of some drives... thats the speed. It ranges from 2x (unheard of now) to around 52x iirc.

Most CD ripping software gives an option to change the speed used. I don't know about iTunes though. And also, not entirely sure, but a faster speed might result in a lower quality.

iTunes is slow anyway. With your computer specs (that you listed in a different thread) I would try to find a free CD ripping program to get the MP3s, and then load them onto your iPod using iTunes. It would probably be faster than trying to let iTunes handle everything.
    Awesome suggestion man! Any suggestions on a programs? Thanks guys for help so far

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

just jump on download.cnet.com and check out some of the reviews of the programs... theres tons

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    Awesome suggestion man! Any suggestions on a programs? Thanks guys for help so far
    Sorry, I'm not much help there... I've only bought a handful of CDs in my life... and haven't ripped any of them... I download most of the music I listen to.

However:
    Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    just jump on download.cnet.com and check out some of the reviews of the programs... theres tons
    Like he said, there are loads of free software web sites out there (be sure to go to a legit one) which offer all different types of stuff... it should be easy to find a CD ripper/burner or anything else you might need

Black
    1999 Trans am

just use windows media player.

Thread Information