SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

How to Download Motorola phone, memory card onto c

I hope this is the right section.

I have a Motorola phone with a removable memory card. I have videos and pictures on the card that I am attempting to download to my computer. I can get the pictures downloaded but I can't seem to get the video. Anyone know how?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

u gotta find the file on the card then just drag and drop it on your computer might be a .avi file

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Good question. I made a video using my phone. Used a sd card adapter to put it on the computer. The file wasnt a .avi file though and couldnt be played. Do you need to convert it?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I hope this is the right section.

I have a Motorola phone with a removable memory card. I have videos and pictures on the card that I am attempting to download to my computer. I can get the pictures downloaded but I can't seem to get the video. Anyone know how?
    I downloaded the video from my Razor to my pc and the quality was poor and useless

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    u gotta find the file on the card then just drag and drop it on your computer might be a .avi file
    And how do I do that?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

go into my computer and search around under your phone, is it saved on the card or on the internal phone memory?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

A mistake that many people make is thinking that when you take a video, picture, etc, it is saved directly to the phones memory card. On most models of phone it does not. You have to move the video from the phones intergrated memory to the phones memory card.

Here's how I do it on my Motorola SLVR, it's probably very similar to whatever Motorola phone you have:

With the memory card inserted into the phone, I navigate to the video folder.

Then, I go to the video I want on my computer, and choose the options menu (For my phone this is done by pressing the top middle key of the pad, above the UP arrow).

I scroll down the menu and select "Move".

SInce the video is already contained on the phone's memory, it gives me two options to move the card: "Card - <card name>" to move it to the memory card, and "Bluetooth" to submit it via Bluetooth.

I select "Card..." and it says "moving...." while it is transfering. After it has transfered, you should be back at the Video Folder.

To check that the card transfered successfully, go to the options menu again in the video folder and select "Switch Storage Device".

You will have two options: "Phone" and "Card...". Phone should have a check mark next to it, noting it is the currently used storage.

Select "Card...". You will now be back at the Video Folder again, except it will be showing the contents of the memory card this time instead of the phones storage.

Ensure that the video is there, and then it is safe to turn off your phone, remove the memory card, and extract the video file from the card onto your computer.

Hope this helps

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Good question. I made a video using my phone. Used a sd card adapter to put it on the computer. The file wasnt a .avi file though and couldnt be played. Do you need to convert it?
    Yes, it will need to be converted. What file extension did the video file have?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    A mistake that many people make is thinking that when you take a video, picture, etc, it is saved directly to the phones memory card. On most models of phone it does not. You have to move the video from the phones intergrated memory to the phones memory card.

Here's how I do it on my Motorola SLVR, it's probably very similar to whatever Motorola phone you have:

With the memory card inserted into the phone, I navigate to the video folder.

Then, I go to the video I want on my computer, and choose the options menu (For my phone this is done by pressing the top middle key of the pad, above the UP arrow).

I scroll down the menu and select "Move".

SInce the video is already contained on the phone's memory, it gives me two options to move the card: "Card - <card name>" to move it to the memory card, and "Bluetooth" to submit it via Bluetooth.

I select "Card..." and it says "moving...." while it is transfering. After it has transfered, you should be back at the Video Folder.

To check that the card transfered successfully, go to the options menu again in the video folder and select "Switch Storage Device".

You will have two options: "Phone" and "Card...". Phone should have a check mark next to it, noting it is the currently used storage.

Select "Card...". You will now be back at the Video Folder again, except it will be showing the contents of the memory card this time instead of the phones storage.

Ensure that the video is there, and then it is safe to turn off your phone, remove the memory card, and extract the video file from the card onto your computer.

Hope this helps
    This is exactly what I did, except once I go to download it onto my computer it doesn't exist.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Yes, it will need to be converted. What file extension did the video file have?
    it was probably a 3gp I think that's what most motorolas video record at?
    I know they'll play in quicktime

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    This is exactly what I did, except once I go to download it onto my computer it doesn't exist.
    I don't understand... What do you mean it doesn't exist?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    it was probably a 3gp I think that's what most motorolas video record at?
    I know they'll play in quicktime
    Take your pick:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...er&btnG=Search

Thread Information