Thread: HD crash

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

HD crash

so last night, im sittin on the ls1, and my computer freezes. nothing out of the ordinary so i let it sit for like 15 minutes to finish what ever it was doin, but it made no difference. after i restarted it, it didnt even go to windows, and gave me a prompt about an 'imminent hard drive failure, press f1 to boot'. of course when i hit f1 it reboots back to that screen. i went to the system setup menu and did the IDE hard drive test thing, and it failed. what are the chances of me recovering data?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    so last night, im sittin on the ls1, and my computer freezes. nothing out of the ordinary so i let it sit for like 15 minutes to finish what ever it was doin, but it made no difference. after i restarted it, it didnt even go to windows, and gave me a prompt about an 'imminent hard drive failure, press f1 to boot'. of course when i hit f1 it reboots back to that screen. i went to the system setup menu and did the IDE hard drive test thing, and it failed. what are the chances of me recovering data?
    try restarting and press F8 continually... go through the boot up and choose safe mode and don't use programs that you don't know what they are... then use you anti virus shit... have you d-loaded anything lately???

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    try restarting and press F8 continually... go through the boot up and choose safe mode and don't use programs that you don't know what they are... then use you anti virus shit... have you d-loaded anything lately???
    when i go to safe mode it just reboots. i havent downloaded anything out of the ordinary recently. maybe a hand full of mp3s, not anything requiring installation. the computer is 6 years old, maybe it was just its time?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    when i go to safe mode it just reboots. i havent downloaded anything out of the ordinary recently. maybe a hand full of mp3s, not anything requiring installation. the computer is 6 years old, maybe it was just its time?
    oculd be... if oyu open your PC you'll see slots that say "P1" or somthing like that... you best bet is to jsut get a new PC and then connect the old HD to these slots (make sure the pins are in the corect positions) and take the things you need off of it via windows explorer...

Thread Information