Impounded
    gmcheviac

Gen 1 360 -> New 360 data transfer

Is there any way to do this? I will be losing a shit ton of forza 3 progress as well as 4 years of other games

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Is there any way to do this? I will be losing a shit ton of forza 3 progress as well as 4 years of other games
    I'm here for you bud

I was worried about this when I switched from Xbox 360 to Xbox Slim (Whatever you want to call it )

First you need a HD Transfer cable........fuck it, here is the link

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Transfer

Tells you everything you need to do. If you still have questions, just ask.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

my brother got that when he transferred to a bigger harddrive. Only problem is that it does all or nothinbg. he obviously doesn't want to lose his game progress

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

my brother got that when he transferred to a bigger harddrive. Only problem is that it does all or nothinbg. he obviously doesn't want to lose his game progress
    If he doesn't want to lose his saves then transfer it all. Then you can go in and delete stuff that he didn't want to transfer. When I plugged mine in, it let me pick what I wanted to transfer and what I didn't. If your talking about DLC's, you need to transfer the license over off of Xbox.com. Everything about your profile is saved there. You can only switch DLC's once a year though

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I used the same xbox as him previously.. He doesn't want to lose his saves, nor do I. Si?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I used the same xbox as him previously.. He doesn't want to lose his saves, nor do I. Si?
    I gotcha now! I believe the only thing you can do is recover your Gamertag which will bring all of your achievements over. If you guys used the same gamertag then your screwed. If you used different, then transfer just your gamertag and then recover it on your new one. It should keep your saves seperate I think......

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

"If you have already downloaded any content to the external hard drive, such as games from the XBOX Live Marketplace, it will all be deleted once the transfer the data from the original hard drive. All of the data on the original hard drive will be permanently erased once you complete the transfer, which is a security measure implemented by Microsoft to ensure users are not transferring purchased downloaded content to each other for free."

Read more: How to Transfer Data to External Hard Drive From Xbox 360 | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5002633_tran...#ixzz195gGakdK

More info..... I would plug it in with the cord and put the disc in and just look around at the stuff. That would tell you what you need to know. WHen I transfered, it was super easy (I was doing everything though compared to you)

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I gotcha now! I believe the only thing you can do is recover your Gamertag which will bring all of your achievements over. If you guys used the same gamertag then your screwed. If you used different, then transfer just your gamertag and then recover it on your new one. It should keep your saves seperate I think......
    I used the same gamer tag because my mom paid live for him.. Herpderp. But my bro says transfers are all or nothing. I'll see about that. Don't care about achievements, but my saves would be nice. I'm only really going to play forza and newer games, not my older ones. Forza is fun from the start anyway

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I used the same gamer tag because my mom paid live for him.. Herpderp. But my bro says transfers are all or nothing. I'll see about that. Don't care about achievements, but my saves would be nice. I'm only really going to play forza and newer games, not my older ones. Forza is fun from the start anyway
    Unfor using the same gamer tag for live pretty much screws your saves If you would have had different tags, you could have switched just that but then you would have never had live unless you bought two accounts. When you have 1 tag, its all or nothing pretty much

Impounded
    gmcheviac

yeppers, I had a bad feeling about that four years ago but didn't feel like paying for live when he already had it, sharing one xbox anyway. Oh well. Started to run out of things to do besides live with forza anyway. Can work back up. I guess i'll make my live account my multiple forum user name.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

yeppers, I had a bad feeling about that four years ago but didn't feel like paying for live when he already had it, sharing one xbox anyway. Oh well. Started to run out of things to do besides live with forza anyway. Can work back up. I guess i'll make my live account my multiple forum user name.
    Just start over and start knocking shit out is all you can do.

Thread Information