Red
    2017 Z06

Cheaper to buy new scanner than ink!

Priced ink for my all-in-one (print, scan, copy) HP scanner. Found out I could buy a newer version, model F4440, for less than the price of ink. Two ink cartridges were over $60. I paid $59 at Walmart for a new scanner that's better than my first. Looks like scanners are throw away when the ink is out. Unbelievable!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

My dad mentioned this exact situation the last time he bought a new printer (the situation being the reason he bought a new one).

Ink is such a gouge it's ridiculous.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    My dad mentioned this exact situation the last time he bought a new printer (the situation being the reason he bought a new one).

Ink is such a gouge it's ridiculous.
    Hence why the $10 do it yourself refill kits are so popular.

red
    69 Firebird

Be careful, the new scanners do not come with fully standard ink tanks. That's one reason they are cheaper.

There are a few places that sell replacement ink tanks cheaper. But, I don't know if any of those places carry Lexmark ink tanks. IMHO Lexmark is really a scam company that "gives away" printers and then makes the user by Lexmark only tanks. Also, Lexmark printers often use *way* more ink than any other printer. Hmm, coincidence? NOPE!

FWIW: I like Cannon. So far, I've had good luck with the G&G Compatible Canon Ink Cartridges. Amazon even has some G&G Ink Cartridges listed.

That's one of the reasons why I like Cannon printers.
    I can typically get G&G cartridges for less than 1/2 the Cannon Cartridges price.

I use my printer mainly for printouts. So, I'm not looking for the "best/longest lasting ink". Still, the G&G ink looks just as good as the Cannon ink on typical paper. BTW: Fading happens mainly on photo paper and when exposed to the sun. Regular paper absorbs the ink much more.

IMHO, use Walmart for hard copy of pictures! It's cheaper (figure out the actual cost per print!), and you get better prints.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I get my ink here. Have had no problems. I've bought the HP, Brother and Epson cartridges.

http://www.clickinks.com/default.aspx

Red
    2017 Z06

I did check the price of ink for my new printer and the black was $14 so that's not too bad. Not near as bad as the old printer.

Red
    2017 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I get my ink here. Have had no problems. I've bought the HP, Brother and Epson cartridges.

http://www.clickinks.com/default.aspx
    Don't see my F4440 listed on that site. Maybe it's too new.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

If you've been using an HP printer, that's your first mistake.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    If you've been using an HP printer, that's your first mistake.
    I've got to say that my HP Deskjet 6980 series has been a great no issues, wireless printer. I think HP is far better than it was say 10 years ago. There was a time when I swore I would never buy another HP computer. As a matter of fact, it was Compaq/HP that made me start building my own desktops in the late 90's.

But, this custom laptop (you know which one) has been surprisingly reliable and I don't regret going with HP at all.

The fact that I am actually defending HP is kind of funny considering I was a avid HP basher not so very long ago

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Don't see my F4440 listed on that site. Maybe it's too new.
    Are your cartridges HP 60?

Red
    2017 Z06

Are your cartridges HP 60?
    yes, the black and color have 60 on them.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

yes, the black and color have 60 on them.
    Then, they have it. I buy the +3 deals.

Here you go:

http://www.clickinks.com/2666/Printe...ombo-Pack.html

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I've got to say that my HP Deskjet 6980 series has been a great no issues, wireless printer. I think HP is far better than it was say 10 years ago. There was a time when I swore I would never buy another HP computer. As a matter of fact, it was Compaq/HP that made me start building my own desktops in the late 90's.

But, this custom laptop (you know which one) has been surprisingly reliable and I don't regret going with HP at all.

The fact that I am actually defending HP is kind of funny considering I was a avid HP basher not so very long ago
    Computers maybe but their printers don't hold a candle to Brother printers and the cartridges are twice as much over the Brother cartridges.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Computers maybe but their printers don't hold a candle to Brother printers and the cartridges are twice as much over the Brother cartridges.
    Well, I can tell you that my Brother Fax/copier is the biggest ink guzzler of any that I've owned. As a matter of fact, it was that fax that had me searching for cheaper ink. It does this stupid self cleaning thing that you can't turn off. So, even if you don't use it for a few months, you're still out of ink So, I have to shut it off. Problem is, when I have an incoming fax, that doesn't work out well for me

So, I'll have to give props to HP for bettering their product line.

When is the last time you owned an HP printer?

Red
    2017 Z06

Then, they have it. I buy the +3 deals.

Here you go:

http://www.clickinks.com/2666/Printe...ombo-Pack.html
    $47 for both inks. Almost what I paid for the printer. Thanks for the link though. Hopefully I won't need it soon.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

$47 for both inks. Almost what I paid for the printer. Thanks for the link though. Hopefully I won't need it soon.
    Yeah, it's cheaper when you buy three or more. That's what I do a couple times a year. Works out saving me money. But, it depends on your usage.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Well, I can tell you that my Brother Fax/copier is the biggest ink guzzler of any that I've owned. As a matter of fact, it was that fax that had me searching for cheaper ink. It does this stupid self cleaning thing that you can't turn off. So, even if you don't use it for a few months, you're still out of ink So, I have to shut it off. Problem is, when I have an incoming fax, that doesn't work out well for me

So, I'll have to give props to HP for bettering their product line.

When is the last time you owned an HP printer?
    I'll agree with you there on the Brother printer self cleaning thing. I sometimes hear mine making noises at night. We have all Brother printers here at the office and did recently have newer HPs that constantly had problems. Both companies here did and now we both have the same model Brother printers and they've been great.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'll agree with you there on the Brother printer self cleaning thing. I sometimes hear mine making noises at night. We have all Brother printers here at the office and did recently have newer HPs that constantly had problems. Both companies here did and now we both have the same model Brother printers and they've been great.
    I've heard the same thing wake me up at night. My office is off my bedroom. I'll go to make a copy and it will tell me I have to change the ink. And, I hadn't even made so much as a copy since the last time I did. Makes me very angry. So, I have to keep it shut off or I'll end up throwing it against a wall one day

I really have had no issues with the HP printer I mentioned. It's been a few years now too. I actually love it

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I always wondered why the printer would run at random times even when off. I had a hp and it didnt even last a year. It would not print in color even with new cartridges and a cleaning. It was fun throwing it out the front door and seeing it get destroyed though.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I have used these guys several times over the past two years with no problems: http://store.eink2go.com

Thread Information