let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

is this respectable

I am gonna prolly be building a dd with the engine in this car. it's a 7th gen celica with a 3sgte (a motor notorious for producing 340hp with exhaust and boost controller)

I would be building a 3rd or 4th generation camry with the same motor. no I am not a ricer, i just need a four door now and I don't want to sell my car and couldnt stand not having good passing power

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aFKGvwCZCs0

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Wont lie if you build up a camry, I along with alot of ppl on here and everywhere in general will consider it rice seeing how it is a camry. The Celica is better but still a ricer to me. Its just a dd man but overall it dosent matter what we think do what you got to do.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Wont lie if you build up a camry, I along with alot of ppl on here and everywhere in general will consider it rice seeing how it is a camry. The Celica is better but still a ricer to me. Its just a dd man but overall it dosent matter what we think do what you got to do.
    well I found the camry without a motor and the 3sgte is only a 800 dollar motor. camry weighs about the same as a celica too. I just want it to be able to pass on the highway. I think my gf will be the main driver of it though. Since she's pregnant now. I am prolly gonna build it anyways because it's cheaper than buying a good camry for her to drive. they aren't cheap

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

if you can get the 340 hp and keep it relatively quiet, it would be a hell of a sleeper

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

If its not gonna cost that much i say go ahead, itll be a fun dd. But hope you dont mind me asking and no disrespect intended, you said your GF is pregnant but i couldnt help but notice your 17.. was it planned?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    If its not gonna cost that much i say go ahead, itll be a fun dd. But hope you dont mind me asking and no disrespect intended, you said your GF is pregnant but i couldnt help but notice your 17.. was it planned?
    no it wasn't planned. we are going to make the best of it. we have been together for a while and love each other dearly. she is 20 it's kinda an inbetween on teenage pregnancy. lol

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by red99ws6 View Post
    if you can get the 340 hp and keep it relatively quiet, it would be a hell of a sleeper
    yeah it would sound almost like a stock 4cylinder camry. I would be using the stock exhaust system aside from the turbo down pipe and turbo manifolds off the 3sgte. I am debating on whether or not to do it. I found the camry to do it with and they only want 400 for it and then I would need to find a 3sgte. I think I could do the whole thing for about 2500. I need to wait til half through summer to do it though. I got some people that will help me with the swap and all. if I do it, it won't be for having a sleeper though. I have entirely quit racing as of last nite. I just don't like not having any power at all. lol.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Top Secret Japan made 1000hp out of a 3sgte in a supra for a JGTC race car, but that is Top Secret ive seen bad ass 3sgte motors in celicas that produce well over 400+WHP with bolt ones and boost controller. only thing i could say tho is do some research check out like toyota forums, i belive that motor came in a MR2 Tbar so you could check the MR2 forums.

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

wahoo! another possible camry driver in here. though mine has the neck-breaking 140hp 4-cylinder beast.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    Top Secret Japan made 1000hp out of a 3sgte in a supra for a JGTC race car, but that is Top Secret ive seen bad ass 3sgte motors in celicas that produce well over 400+WHP with bolt ones and boost controller. only thing i could say tho is do some research check out like toyota forums, i belive that motor came in a MR2 Tbar so you could check the MR2 forums.
    yeah I was gonna do it in my last camry (trd camry... came with better tranny for handling the power). I would be buying the jdm version of the motor, because it comes factory with more power at the same boost and would get better gas mileage because of the lack of emissions bs on the intake manifold. the place I would have to buy it from said they could have pretty much a crate motor one with ecu programmed for it with the parts needed to bolt it up to a v6 camry for only 1800. that would make for a sick little camry for hardly any cash. I am just weary about taking time off work to do it. It would be sick to me if I could do it though.

Thread Information