Thread: NJSP lol

NJSP lol

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    idiot.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

pretty dumb, guessin the trooper was goin well over the speed limit. i know ive passed a county cop who was doin about 50 in a 55. cars were lined up behind him. i passed goin no more than 57 and he flashed blue and red at me.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

assuming the cop was already speeding- It wasnt a smart move, But seriously, he was probably going 1 mph faster than the cop.

Cop: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Driver: Because I was going 1mph faster than you?

lol...

56 in a 55 is speeding its a LIMIT not a suggestion

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

56 in a 55 is speeding its a LIMIT not a suggestion
    I agree-- But 1 MPH = more of a technicality, than anything.

I drive by those radar signs all the time-- and it always tells me something different than my speedometer.

I know they may not be calibrated the same as the police ones. However, 1 MPH-- is so insignificant, and it is ridiculous to be pulled for it.

Most likely the cop was speeding himself, and someone decided he wanted to speed faster.

In that case unless the cop was on an emergency call-- He too shouldn't have been speeding. Two wrongs don't make a right. But shouldn't the upholder of the "law" be held to the highest of standards. And not be so blatantly hypocritical.

Not cop bashing at all- I just think 1 MPH over is a waste of tax payers money to have them pull me. If I go out on they highway today and drive 1 mph over the speed limit-- I will probably get passed by 80% of the cars on the road? -- So by the cop wasting his time as well as the tax payer's dime on me for holding a grudge because I passed him, is a bit odd. He could have easily looked for a few seconds more and found someone doing well over 1 mph of the speeding limit.

If a car hit me going 1 MPH I would not die. Assuming I wasn't laying in the road.

If a car accident happened at 55 vs 56 mph-- I'm betting the difference in damage would virtually be undetectable.

The stopping distance from 56 to 0 and 55 to 0 would probably be so minimal that it is would be virtually indistinguishable.

I don't advocate speeding per-say-- but at the same time EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD does it-- and to call someone ridiculous for what appears to be 1 MPH or so faster than the cop is strange to me.

When I see a cop clocking on the side of the highway-- I don't put on the brakes to ensure I am going exactly the speed limit or less.

I usually lower it to about 5 mph over. WORKS EVERY TIME-- I've Never gotten a ticket that way (not saying I haven't gotten a ticket before)-- (just not for anything 5mph or less)-- and in my 200,000+ miles of driving for the past 15 years and the 100's of clocking cops I've past I Have never gotten a ticket for 5 over-- let alone 1 mph.

I ask everyone who thinks 1 mph is significant- to go to the nearest mall parking lot. And TRY your hardest to go 1 mph for a full mile. (if done correctly this should take you 1 hour) Practically impossible. Then you will see just how ridiculous it is to pull someone over for it.
    Last edited by jrc1122; 05-19-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Haha the commentary is great! Just common sense that they're lookin for someone to pass em so that they can get one more ticket toward the quota. Hahahahahahahahaa..................

See this all the freaking time on the GSP, you would think people would learn by now....

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    I agree-- But 1 MPH = more of a technicality, than anything.

I drive by those radar signs all the time-- and it always tells me something different than my speedometer.

I know they may not be calibrated the same as the police ones. However, 1 MPH-- is so insignificant, and it is ridiculous to be pulled for it.

Most likely the cop was speeding himself, and someone decided he wanted to speed faster.

In that case unless the cop was on an emergency call-- He too shouldn't have been speeding. Two wrongs don't make a right. But shouldn't the upholder of the "law" be held to the highest of standards. And not be so blatantly hypocritical.

Not cop bashing at all- I just think 1 MPH over is a waste of tax payers money to have them pull me. If I go out on they highway today and drive 1 mph over the speed limit-- I will probably get passed by 80% of the cars on the road? -- So by the cop wasting his time as well as the tax payer's dime on me for holding a grudge because I passed him, is a bit odd. He could have easily looked for a few seconds more and found someone doing well over 1 mph of the speeding limit.

If a car hit me going 1 MPH I would not die. Assuming I was laying in the road.

If a car accident happened at 55 vs 56 mph-- I'm betting the difference in damage would virtually be undetectable.

The stopping distance from 56 to 0 and 55 to 0 would probably be so minimal that it is would be virtually indistinguishable.

I don't advocate speeding per-say-- but at the same time EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD does it-- and to call someone ridiculous for what appears to be 1 MPH or so faster than the cop is strange to me.

When I see a cop clocking on the side of the highway-- I don't put on the brakes to ensure I am going exactly the speed limit or less.

I usually lower it to about 5 mph over. WORKS EVERY TIME-- I've Never gotten a ticket that way (not saying I haven't gotten a ticket before)-- (just not for anything 5mph or less)-- and in my 200,000+ miles of driving for the past 15 years and the 100's of clocking cops I've past I Have never gotten a ticket for 5 over-- let alone 1 mph.

I ask everyone who thinks 1 mph is significant- to go to the nearest mall parking lot. And TRY your hardest to go 1 mph for a full mile. (if done correctly this should take you 1 hour) Practically impossible. Then you will see just how ridiculous it is to pull someone over for it.
    I'm not saying going 1 mph more is ridiculous I'm saying that when you see a cop and you are in the fast lane and you pass him whether it is right or not wether your speeding or not it just gives him the excuse. don't do it. I have had plenty of tickets and other reasons to be paranoid of cops while driving but I haven't had a ticket in 10 years and I still start thinking if there is a reason for them to pull me over when they get behind me I know there's not but old habbits die hard.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i've passed cops at 5mph over in the T/A and not gotten slamed...that cop was just a douche bag.

Thread Information