Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New 5.0 mustang gets owned by.......

This is a discussion on New 5.0 mustang gets owned by....... within the Multimedia Section forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; 2011 Mustang 5.0 runs 10's!!! Originally Posted by kennyxg They just purchase the car yesterday Lol! guess they beat evolution ...

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

2011 Mustang 5.0 runs 10's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyxg View Post
    They just purchase the car yesterday Lol! guess they beat evolution to it they just dyno'ed theirs on a 100 shot it only made 469 to the wheels but with 513 torque.
    Well I did some digging around on JPC's site and s197forums and found the timeslip posted by Jordan from JPC and story which sounds about right for what everyone is saying. I am sure a video will be out soon. Here is the slip:

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    2011 Mustang 5.0 runs 10's!!!

Well I did some digging around on JPC's site and s197forums and found the timeslip posted by Jordan from JPC and story which sounds about right for what everyone is saying. I am sure a video will be out soon. Here is the slip:
    Click for full size
    Whats all done to it I wonder

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    You will have no problem
    good... hope these mustangs are ready to get

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I concur... I'm sure it has more than just a 100 shot on it. according to the time slip just a 100 shot puts them in a league with kenne bell blown cobra's...

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I am sure it had tires and exhaust but I doubt not much more than that since there are no mods available for them yet and the other times prove that a 100 shot would easily take them that far given what the Evo Performance car has done n/a. Only time will tell once more leaks out from the shop that did it. They literally bought it and prepped it for less than one day then took it to the track and raced it for that number. You guys also have to remember the high comp. ratio is perfect for the juice. Hell that was one reason that an LS1 will move out with a purpose too!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwU1q4pkoo[/ame]

The video.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Well hopefully Justin doesn't blow this new mustang up like he did mine. He likes to experiment on others stuff and blow it up and walk away scott free.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Damn I was just going to post the video. They have stock cats on that car still!!! It has less mods than the Evolution Perf. car. They just put a 100 shot on their car and ran 10.88 according to their FB site. Jeez, there are not so many of these cars out there and already they are stepping up to the plate IMHO. Yes, I am a LSX fan too, but to me fast can't be argued with.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

How many people are going to buy 100 shots to go in their cars, and i call bullshit on nothing but a 100shot.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    How many people are going to buy 100 shots to go in their cars, and i call bullshit on nothing but a 100shot.
    You are right he had gears too!
    JPC ran 10.96 through the stock cats with no tuning, 100 shot, 4.56 gears, and slicks/skinnies!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

nope those car are basically already maxed out...i dont believe any of those times just jokin...those cars are no joke.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

Its about time

I like it! im glad ford has this mustang, would i pay $30000 for it, no. for the money ill take a used zo6 or a used 06 corvette. The LS1 powered cars we have will hang stock or slightly modded. Ford has needed a car like this for years, its about itme they made it. This is another reason to go but the next mod for your car, again im glad they have it but im not worried about it. Put it on a diet, drop the price $10000 and ill consider buying one. Ive owned 6 mustangs in my life and only 1 LS1 car, theres a reason for that You have o respect the car for what it is, no ones saying buy it just thank ford for doing it. It will give us a car in the next few years that everyone will bow too. GM makes performers period. And im a x ford guy.

Red
    96 Mustang Cobra

You guys are a bunch of re re's. The guy owns both of the cars, and he posts over svtp. He said his cars has bolt on, and he didn't know how to turn off the T/C in his Five O. stop this ten years to catch up bs, we've all been to the track. Yes there have been some cases where ss,ws6s have hit 12s out the box. But in the hands of most people they hit mid to low 13s. In my book, 05+ gts, Mach1s, have been putting those same numbers up. and now the new 5.0 is dropping 12.6s to 13.3s all over the net off the show room floor. People are putting bigs and littles and a simple tune and getting into the high 11s. Get over yourself, that's fast in everyones book. Just like a head and cam ls1, there both nothing to mess with.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 5280stang View Post
    You guys are a bunch of re re's. The guy owns both of the cars, and he posts over svtp. He said his cars has bolt on, and he didn't know how to turn off the T/C in his Five O. stop this ten years to catch up bs, we've all been to the track. Yes there have been some cases where ss,ws6s have hit 12s out the box. But in the hands of most people they hit mid to low 13s. In my book, 05+ gts, Mach1s, have been putting those same numbers up. and now the new 5.0 is dropping 12.6s to 13.3s all over the net off the show room floor. People are putting bigs and littles and a simple tune and getting into the high 11s. Get over yourself, that's fast in everyones book. Just like a head and cam ls1, there both nothing to mess with.
    Most were giving props to it I don't really care for them, any aspect of them but fast is fast! Can't wait to run into some of them up here in WI town
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 5280stang View Post
    lol @ mustang humpers that get butthurt enough to make a profile on an ls1 site . and lol @ ford for making t/c that hard to turn off

Red
    96 Mustang Cobra

Call me a ford humper that's fine. I've been coming to this site for years accually, I'm a big fan of SS's and WS6s(need2speed ws6 helped me fall in love with these cars) I would love to have one as a 2nd car to run the shit out of. An ls1 with a H/C and a nice shot on top is a great everyday driver to blow the doors off 90% of everything out there. It's cheap and it's fast, but for me nothing beats a mammoth kit KB on a 03/04 Cobra. (race gas)750hp + 100shot= almost hitting that millinnium mark that most big dog cars are rolling these days. You don't have to dig into the motor, and treated right it will last a long time.
    I just got out of the Army, and now I'm back in school so the cheaper I can get things done the better. You know as well as I do there a trolls rolling around the interwebs that love to start shit, or they really believe all the shit they read on the web. You can say whatever you want about this new 5.0, but it's stomping a mud hole in whatever GM and Dodge are throwing at them as of right now.
    I'm only talking about stock for stock, not mod for mod. Mach 1s and 3v Gt's are just as fast as LT1's and LS1s Camaros/firebirds off the showroom floor. outside out special edition Firebird Z15s, firehawks, camaro Drekar ZL1s, and whatever else that comes close to 400hp with these motors. With those exra cubes you can't mess with all that tq lol.
    Facts are facts, we can all throw up vidz of buddies cars that are "factory freaks", and "perfect conditions" time slips, but all we are going to do is waste time with the same old shit with who's car is faster ford vs chevy vs mopar. or the mustang rear bumper is ugly, chevys camaro interior and dash board looks like crap, and dodge cars= same weight as a M1 Ambram tanks. It is what it is...I'm going back to drinking and bbqing steaks biotch

Black
    2001 WS6

stock for stock an f body is faster than an older gt. i dont care if it's a mach 1, if it's the ford mustang worldeliminator model, at the end of the day it's a mustang.

flame on

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    stock for stock an f body is faster than an older gt. i dont care if it's a mach 1, if it's the ford mustang worldeliminator model, at the end of the day it's a mustang.

flame on
    oh shit

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post

flame on
    Maybe you should take some time to do some research before you make an off the wall comment such as this one.

They are not that much faster than the 3V GT's, which were the motors in the stangs from 05-10. And since you brought up the Mach 1's, the LS1 F-Body vs. the Mach 1 is a drivers race hands down, the two cars are very close when compared to eachother in stock form.

And yea, at the end of the day it is a Mustang, but shit man, Ford must have been doing something right with those stupid Mustangs huh? They sure did sell a shitload better than the F-body's did

I like F-Body's just as much as the next guy, but some of you all in this thread are just being absoultley ridiculous.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

This thread is done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information