Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

New 5.0 mustang gets owned by.......

A 2002 bone stock camaro ss........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3KHupBM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Enjoy!

Red
    2001 ws6

that mustang had an extra 800 lbs in it tho

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

i feel like that guy doesn't know how to drive the 5.0 or the SS isn't really stock...
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 05-13-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont think the ss is stock, also was it an auto vs an M6? from a roll that makes a big difference

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I never realized how much smaller the Camaro looks compared to the stang from the back. I love the color on the stang too.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i feel like that guy doesn't know how to drive the 5.0 or is that SS really stock...
    Agree.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Looked like a stick in the stang. I saw Car and Driver tested the new 5.0 at like 13.2 at 109...is it that hard to believe a stock or nearly stock SS could hang esp when the mustang had an additional person?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I want a turn.....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

camaro at least had a catback......I'd say probably more. Catback does not equal stock.

edit: watched it again....maybe that's not an aftermarket catback. I was thinking of the ta's tips.
    Last edited by 0rion; 05-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

wow, from all the responses you would think this was a mustang forum! lets all get off the new 5.0s di*k shall we. I believe this is ls1.com and i just watched a stock or near stock 10 year old ls1 beat a new "bad ass" 5.0 mustang! I cant wait to catch one of these new lil ponies on the street so i can kill the huge mustang ego the driver will most likely have, haha.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    wow, from all the responses you would think this was a mustang forum! lets all get off the new 5.0s di*k shall we. I believe this is ls1.com and i just watched a stock or near stock 10 year old ls1 beat a new "bad ass" 5.0 mustang! I cant wait to catch one of these new lil ponies on the street so i can kill the huge mustang ego the driver will most likely have, haha.

My thoughts exactly! haha

Red
    2001 ws6

just because its an ls1 site doesnt mean you cant give credit where its due. those new 5.0's are nice cars and run strong. however, its sad it took ford 10+ years to catch up to the ls1

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    just because its an ls1 site doesnt mean you cant give credit where its due. those new 5.0's are nice cars and run strong. however, its sad it took ford 10+ years to catch up to the ls1
    Agree!

Also this site contains more than just LS1 powered cars, including v6, trucks, classics, etc. etc. The creaters of the site did an excellent job of appealing to most everyone imho. We have members whom don't even own cars yet, or sold them and have other vehicles. Most of the folks here respect muscle no matter whom the manufacturer. I'm strickly a Chevy man (I also build v6s), but I don't have a problem with folks whom don't drive Chevy's. It's about having fun doing what you love. It's about the cars.......... This site has Americana written all over it, don't knock it..... The mods do one hell of a job keeping it that way.....
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-14-2010 at 02:55 AM.

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Dont get me wrong, I give all the props in the world to the new 5.0 but its like everyone is so in love with it that they have to give all these excuses for it loosing. Let’s tell it for what it is... Its a bad ass mustang that has been long overdue that still gets owned by LS1s! The End

98 Formula
    06 duramax

brand loyalty is one thing. I'm a GM guy and will never own a mustang but I'm also realistic. Say what you want but the fact is the new 5.0 is going to be faster than the LS1 stock for stock due to the weight of the car. The quicker you accept that and move on the better off you'll be. The LS1 is still a better engine with more potential and it took Ford how many years to be competitive N/A?? That being said I can't wait to run into one of these in my bird. I'll quickly remind the new stang owners that very few of these LS1's are running around in stock form.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

The SS is not stock, it dyno'ed at 330rwhp, the guy is on a Mustang forum that I lurk on, he made a thread about this race. He had a 250 pound passenger with him the car had only 10 miles on it, and he had no idea how to work the traction control system.

Give the driver more seat time so he has a better understanding of the car, I can almost gurantee the race will come out different.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    brand loyalty is one thing. I'm a GM guy and will never own a mustang but I'm also realistic. Say what you want but the fact is the new 5.0 is going to be faster than the LS1 stock for stock due to the weight of the car. The quicker you accept that and move on the better off you'll be. The LS1 is still a better engine with more potential and it took Ford how many years to be competitive N/A?? That being said I can't wait to run into one of these in my bird. I'll quickly remind the new stang owners that very few of these LS1's are running around in stock form.
    Last edited by az gt eater; 05-14-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: stupid smilies

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Guy with the mustang owns both cars btw, they are both stock, and he says he lost because he left traction control on *lie*. Its just as fast as a stock 2002 Camaro SS. It took them more then 10 years to catch up to where chevy was 10 years ago. Thats pathetic. I dont care whom you want to side with. Besides everyone knows when ford pushes GM they make something bad ass ford cant touch and then they have to throw a supercharger on something. Just how itll be. Plus bolt ons arent going to do much for these engines from what i read in motor trend and exhaust work will net you very little headers ect.

But hey i hope they are fast, maybe someone will beat a ls1 car and they will all post that they are soooo much faster and they walk ls1s. Maybe then one of them will do more then very quietly follow me 2 cars back doing under the speed limit because i revved at him.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 05-14-2010 at 10:10 PM.

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Guy with the mustang owns both cars btw, they are both stock, and he says he lost because he left traction control on *lie*. Its just as fast as a stock 2002 Camaro SS. It took them more then 10 years to catch up to where chevy was 10 years ago. Thats pathetic. I dont care whom you want to side with. Besides everyone knows when ford pushes GM they make something bad ass ford cant touch and then they have to throw a supercharger on something. Just how itll be. Plus bolt ons arent going to do much for these engines from what i read in motor trend and exhaust work will net you very little headers ect.

But hey i hope they are fast, maybe someone will beat a ls1 car and they will all post that they are soooo much faster and they walk ls1s. Maybe then one of them will do more then very quietly follow me 2 cars back doing under the speed limit because i revved at him.
    I dont give a crap what is supposed to happen on paper because of this or because of that! I think the new 5.0 is def the best mustang made in many many many years and is pretty bad ass i might add but i still think its over rated a lil. I guess well all find out when they start flooding the streets... Ill be waiting

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I like the color...

FWIW: While I'm a Camaro freak (having owned no less than 14 of them spread over the generations) I've also owned a 65 notchback and a 68 GT fastback (390/top loader/4.11 9") Mustang.

The new 5.0 seems like it might be a contender...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information