My first F-Body...

This is a discussion on My first F-Body... within the Multimedia Section forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; This is my first time owning a WS6. I've only had it for a couple of months, so I need ...

Old man with an F-Body!!! Kajun Taz's Avatar

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

My first F-Body...

This is my first time owning a WS6. I've only had it for a couple of months, so I need to know something simple....
    I went out today and had my wife video me doing a normal(what's normal anyway?) takeoff. From what you can see/hear in the video... is this normal for a STOCK '02 WS6? Driver info: 6'0 265-275 pounds. Got my tools, spare, jack, misc junk in the rear too. Comments, ideas, advice are welcomed.

PROUD father of a United States Marine.

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

Here is part two, the return trip. You can hear it catch a serious second if you listen good at the beginning of this video, unlike it did in part one, where it hit the rev limiter. Comments, ideas, advice is welcomed.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

seems normal to me! very nice car man welcome to the club. I can tell you are going to be the type who wants more soon though

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

m6? go easy on the lauch. drop the cluth at about 1000 rpms and let it move forward about 10ft before you hammer down. i heard you burn rubber for a while there

Red/Neutral(tan)
    '02 WS6/K&N airfilter.

I'm already wanting(needing) more, but between that poor-man's disability check and the wife already complaining about how much $$ I've spent getting the car.... it will be a while before I can build her up like I'd like to... unless I run across some really, REALLY good deals on headers, cam, etc.

Oh, it's an A4 in it. I wouldn't be able to handle an M6 with my darn ankle braces and stuff. I knew it was going to have traction issues on that launch, but I just wanted to see how bad it was going to be from the dig, so I let it rip and instead of screaming into second, like I thought it would, it hit the limiter and gave me a sad-assed second gear shift. LOL
    You can hear it catch a serious second though, if you listen very closely to the beginning of the second video. It catches a half second or so before I let off the gas, as I'm coming into view of the camera. Sounded wierd too, echoing through the woods like that on the video... LOL

Thread Information