Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Longtubes and true duals installed :)

This is a discussion on Longtubes and true duals installed :) within the Multimedia Section forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Too Fast Yep that's what I mean. I regret not getting the dual cutout. I wonder how ...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yep that's what I mean. I regret not getting the dual cutout. I wonder how they'd be holding up now, 6 years later. I was already spending $900, and those would've added $500 more.

I did follow my car the other week, and I do really like the sound. I was watching some heads turn as my wife was driving Too Fast. Were they looking at her, or watching the WS6? Not too often I get to hear my car from outside. And yeah she can drive a stick no problem. Hooker headers, ORY, and the Aeroflow muffler FTW!
    Ok i thought thats what you meant! HUH how many times have i done the same thing!!ALOT..When @the dealership their were a few add ons thet i didnt get some think it was ok to pass them up some got them on their cars....As to what you said about not in a position to actually seee and hear your TooFast..I agree. I dont let ANYONE drive my car except when @ the mod-shop or the mechanics/dealership..but i wanted to hear it once i got the mods on so i grudgingly let a buddy do a fly by a few passes so i could it ''The Beast"as i call my car It sounded pretty damn good so?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Speaking of ''ORY" does that term apply to "Off Road Y'' pipes with cats too? Or am i ''catted ory" person..I have off road pipes with cats....?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

You are a ''catted Y.'' Especially in that strange planet you live on, Cali. And, that won't pass a visual inspection there, but if it passes the sniffer test, I think that's a BS law.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

You are a ''catted Y.'' Especially in that strange planet you live on, Cali. And, that won't pass a visual inspection there, but if it passes the sniffer test, I think that's a BS law.
    Yup i know....ive had luck with one ''blind'' smog tech that doesnt seem to see my Lt`s and hi-flo cats..others in the past wont touch it with a ten foot pole while others (if you can find them) are greasable ...I agree that its a BS law no doubt...How do you think us motorheads feel ! and yeah smog laws aside i can see how you`d call Cali ''a strange planet'' But i guess its not too strange being that most of the other 49 staters move here must be doing something right. The... and the... make up for it LOL...

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Still sounds raspy to me. But then again all the systems sound that way on these cars. Sounds as though you didn't put an X-pipe in....

Some pics of the system with the car up in the air would be great if possible.
    sorry for the delay, I haven't had time to snap anything new. Here's an older pic I took, before I had the LT's on. It's a bad angle, but you can still tell they're duals. I'll take one of the whole setup this weekend.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Yup i know....ive had luck with one ''blind'' smog tech that doesnt seem to see my Lt`s and hi-flo cats..others in the past wont touch it with a ten foot pole while others (if you can find them) are greasable ...I agree that its a BS law no doubt...How do you think us motorheads feel ! and yeah smog laws aside i can see how you`d call Cali ''a strange planet'' But i guess its not too strange being that most of the other 49 staters move here must be doing something right. The... and the... make up for it LOL...
    And the perfect weather you have out there, but maybe not so much in northern Cali? You could always get an old car, that turns more heads, with a different engine and not have to worry about smog tests.

And the perfect weather you have out there, but maybe not so much in northern Cali? You could always get an old car, that turns more heads, with a different engine and not have to worry about smog tests.
    Most of them have since left Cali for Nevada/Arizona in the last 3-4 years. Weather isn't bad in Northern Cal, just more rain than I prefer during the winter months. Still have family up there. Smog checks suck out there for sure. They were testing back to 66 but I believe they have now since moved that to about 1975 or so. Still too far back in my opinion as most states have followed the 25 year progression rule.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Well yeah ive thought about it but its kinda late now!..ive already invested my $$ in my SS and i love my car!....But if i had another car i would probably get a 60`s Camaro..or 70 T/a...60`s Chevelle SS (ha ha ha) ..if i could find and afford it...you know something hot that falls below our smog test regulations,,,then id do it all up modern with an LS of some type..Mod brakes,,,suspension etc. Oh and as far as the weather im in the ''Bay area'' -Silicon Valley- not way way up north kinda the middle of the state so our weather is very good,only about 2 0r 3 months of rain (if were lucky) and no snow-on the valley floor anyway- BS smog laws aside-and gun laws too!!! -its generally cool t-shirts and shorts lots of women too! and a hella lot of car enthusiasts!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Most of them have since left Cali for Nevada/Arizona in the last 3-4 years. Weather isn't bad in Northern Cal, just more rain than I prefer during the winter months. Still have family up there. Smog checks suck out there for sure. They were testing back to 66 but I believe they have now since moved that to about 1975 or so. Still too far back in my opinion as most states have followed the 25 year progression rule.
    Yeah like i said to Too Fast im actually in the Bay Area-mid state not far far north so our weather here is great Yup i wish they would have a 25 year rule here that would be cool all id have to do is wait them out another 15 years and ill be home free ..Naw seriously though If i get tired of playing the ''game'' of emissions ill have to goback to stock or shorty headers and just make an exhasut thats inter-changeable so i can swap the regualtion pipe for cut-outs. Its too much work to have two different exhaust systems to have to remove my Lt-set up and install the legal set up!every other year so....or maybe put my money on producing engine HP and can go with a smog legal super charger etc...Thats one of the only ways or to get another modern muscle car that has 500+ stock HP..but thats big bucks!! So in the mean time ill just keep bobbin and weavin..

Yeah, Bay area is parrallel to Sac, just 80 miles inland. Pretty much same weather patterns. No snow, but alot of rain in the winter time for about 2-3 months. Summers are nice though.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Yeah, Bay area is parrallel to Sac, just 80 miles inland. Pretty much same weather patterns. No snow, but alot of rain in the winter time for about 2-3 months. Summers are nice though.
    I have funny story (not really funny but a pisser!!) About 10+ years ago i went with a friend to drop off his granny in AZ. Cotton Wood i think? and to pick up a car a Volkwagon ''thing'' a jeep type vw. His aunt was giving him for free..anyway ive never been to AZ so i wanted to see the Grand Canyon so after his lil brother bitched about the 3 hour detour to see it we got there and guesss what? Just my luck it was ''fogged'' in O-zero visibility of the canyon ! The lady at the front gates visiting center says it is rare and only happens once every umpteen years blah blah blah...I couldnt believe my luck So we paid to go inside to see pictures of the Grand Canyon that was their so many feet from us in person!! Can you imagine! The biggest hole in the world and it fogs up just when i come to see it! So ive got a trip to AZ coming from me to me to see that damn thing! Eveytime i hear the name Grand Canyon i laugh and think of that story! Just my luck!

Ha, Cotton Wood is about 25 miles from me on the other side of Mingus Mountain.

Grand Canyon is a beautiful site. I never get tired of it. Different parts of the rim give you completely different views and you can hike to the bottom if you feel adventurous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information