Red
    2000 Camaro SS

It's no LSX but was pretty fun.

I found some older videos. This one was part of Emergency Vehicle Operating Course in the Police Academy. This car is tired. It was retired from the road and sent to training where it gets driven to it's limits all day for an entire week 4-6 times a year.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYwHI_VjSI[/ame]

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Looks like fun.

Black
    00 WS6

LOL

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Hellz yeah it was...Getting paid to push your limits as a driver, push the limits of a car and learning how to better yourself as a driver. Too bad most folks brain dump this stuff. I use it every day. Maybe not to that extreme a measure but driving to the grocery store or the gas station I use it. Use all of your lane, hit the apex of the curve and look where you want to go...then just make your hands follow your eyes. More or less anyway

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

I need a job like that.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    Hellz yeah it was...Getting paid to push your limits as a driver, push the limits of a car and learning how to better yourself as a driver. Too bad most folks brain dump this stuff. I use it every day. Maybe not to that extreme a measure but driving to the grocery store or the gas station I use it. Use all of your lane, hit the apex of the curve and look where you want to go...then just make your hands follow your eyes. More or less anyway
    I think the most fun part about being a Sheriff's Deputy is the Driving Training every year. Some of the guys hate it, but I have a gigantic grin on my face whenever I get to run my car through the cones.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

That looks fun man! I would also love that part of the job!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

All of the guys in my Academy Class we laughing at me. Our high speed track ends at an S curve. It's really sharp, 2 near 90 degree turns. The instructors were telling me that I've been doing good but I'm not pushing it far enough...I hadn't found my limit. My times were great. Myself and another guy kept flip flopping for who was in first as far as time so the trip after this one I set out on a mission. The guys said they could see my teeth from the hill on the right at the start of this video as I came into the S. I had my rear window rolled down and they could hear me laughing as I went sideways through the last turn. I was trying that whole thought process from the movie "Cars." If you turn right hard enough, you'll find yourself going left. I almost got it straightened out but when the rear tires hit dirt I was still over 50 MPH and was pretty much along for the ride. That's what the laughter was about...It was a great ride. I was covered in dirt and the car was unhurt. The only feedback I got from the instructors was, "We love your enthusiasm even if you are a smart ass. there's no way that could have been pulled off but thanks for the show an thanks for trying. You now know your limit!"

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    All of the guys in my Academy Class we laughing at me. Our high speed track ends at an S curve. It's really sharp, 2 near 90 degree turns. The instructors were telling me that I've been doing good but I'm not pushing it far enough...I hadn't found my limit. My times were great. Myself and another guy kept flip flopping for who was in first as far as time so the trip after this one I set out on a mission. The guys said they could see my teeth from the hill on the right at the start of this video as I came into the S. I had my rear window rolled down and they could hear me laughing as I went sideways through the last turn. I was trying that whole thought process from the movie "Cars." If you turn right hard enough, you'll find yourself going left. I almost got it straightened out but when the rear tires hit dirt I was still over 50 MPH and was pretty much along for the ride. That's what the laughter was about...It was a great ride. I was covered in dirt and the car was unhurt. The only feedback I got from the instructors was, "We love your enthusiasm even if you are a smart ass. there's no way that could have been pulled off but thanks for the show an thanks for trying. You now know your limit!"

Gotta love feedback like that.

Thread Information