99z with full exhaust :)

This is a discussion on 99z with full exhaust :) within the Multimedia Section forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; i bought a set of coated pace setter lt's with the p.s off road y...i put the headers in, and ...

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

99z with full exhaust :)

i bought a set of coated pace setter lt's with the p.s off road y...i put the headers in, and saw i got the stupid muffler clamps with the y pipe so i had to order some band clamps. so i couldnt help myself to start it up with wide open headers...it was just retarded loud...so loud the entire car shook. but i was also worried because i loved the way the car sounded with stock manifolds and cats, and my e cutout....then hearing how stupid loud my car was i got really worried as i just didnt like the sound....so i 1 upped myself and took it for a quick drive down the highway...it just didnt have the top end it used to, but thanks to orion posting in another thread i made about header performance, he reccommended getting the rest of the exhaust hooked up.....now shes a strong little girl again, and sounds excellent, i absolutly love the new tone of the exhaust with the cutout closed it sounds a little beefier, or throatier. but the cut out open it just sounds like heaven to me. i got some vids of it with wide open headers, i appologize for the sound as my camera hated the open headers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQgQnBbSOME[/ame]

and then i have this vid with the exhaust all buttoned up, with cut out closed and open...was only revving to about 2500...i only wished i put headers on a loooong time ago haha
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSrr6bWmzvk[/ame]

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Sounds great man!!!

Thread Information