Window Switch

This is a discussion on Window Switch within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Im ordering this kit and it includes a WOT switch. However i also want the added safety of a window ...

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Window Switch

Im ordering this kit and it includes a WOT switch. However i also want the added safety of a window switch. Im looking for a switch that will lock out first gear and only activate from around 2000-5400. Most switches have preset RPM points or are non adjustable. I cant seem to find one with the first gear lockout, i dont wanna spray off the line. Any suggestions on what window switch to get

The kit i am getting is HSW Sudden Impact Single Nozzle Wet Kit (LSX) from Harris Speed Works.

Thanks,
    Rich

Hey Rich,

How about the BMN? It's adjustable:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=308&page=1

I got your email and sent one back to ya.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Im ordering this kit and it includes a WOT switch. However i also want the added safety of a window switch. Im looking for a switch that will lock out first gear and only activate from around 2000-5400. Most switches have preset RPM points or are non adjustable. I cant seem to find one with the first gear lockout, i dont wanna spray off the line. Any suggestions on what window switch to get

The kit i am getting is HSW Sudden Impact Single Nozzle Wet Kit (LSX) from Harris Speed Works.

Thanks,
    Rich

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Wow i've heard about Harris' great customer service but I did not know you guys were active forum members. Cool, I chose your kit after I looked through every other available wet LS1 kit. Can't wait to get it hooked up.

But in relation to your post about the BMN nitrous controller. I thought that it was preset to turn on: 2500-4000 and turn off: 5300-6800 and was not adjustable from those rpm's? Or, is it adjustable to turn on at any rpm within the 2500-4000 and turn off at any rpm within 5300-6800. I think thats what it is. hmm. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 03-28-2006 at 06:47 PM.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Also, Matt, I live about 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia. Is it possible to order online and pick up directly from you?

I like that 1st gear lock out. Can it be used with other brand kits ? Also how does it pick the open and shut rpm's ?, is it programmed or does it use pills ?

Yes, you got it the second time; it's adjustable in 100-RPM increments. Sent ya a PM.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Wow i've heard about Harris' great customer service but I did not know you guys were active forum members. Cool, I chose your kit after I looked through every other available wet LS1 kit. Can't wait to get it hooked up.

But in relation to your post about the BMN nitrous controller. I thought that it was preset to turn on: 2500-4000 and turn off: 5300-6800 and was not adjustable from those rpm's? Or, is it adjustable to turn on at any rpm within the 2500-4000 and turn off at any rpm within 5300-6800. I think thats what it is. hmm. Thanks for the help.

Yes, it will work with any N2O kit. It's programed with dials, so no pills are needed.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    I like that 1st gear lock out. Can it be used with other brand kits ? Also how does it pick the open and shut rpm's ?, is it programmed or does it use pills ?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Thanks Alot Matt. You have been more than helpful.
    If your looking for anything at all to do with nirtous http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php is the place to go.

Thanks,
    Rich

sweet - thanx

No prob guys.

Matt

Thread Information