Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 155
Like Tree1Likes

Whats nitrous like?

This is a discussion on Whats nitrous like? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Nope! Sure haven't changed out the springs yet! Great tip! I thought the handled well in comparison to all my ...

  1. #121
    Just another Joe Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW Chitown
    Posts
    757

    Pewter
    2002 WS6

    Nope! Sure haven't changed out the springs yet! Great tip! I thought the handled well in comparison to all my buddies Mustangs (d'oh! I do associate with F$*# owners too) but if it can be that much better using factory 6cyl springs, I'm down for giving that a shot! (pun intended!)

    -Eagle

  2. #122
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Nope! Sure haven't changed out the springs yet! Great tip! I thought the handled well in comparison to all my buddies Mustangs (d'oh! I do associate with F$*# owners too) but if it can be that much better using factory 6cyl springs, I'm down for giving that a shot! (pun intended!)

    -Eagle
    Guaranteed!! We do 4 cyl. srpings in FoxBodys. Please post how much better the car works for ALL the others. You'll be VERY happy with the $40 investment.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  3. #123
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Nope! Sure haven't changed out the springs yet! Great tip! I thought the handled well in comparison to all my buddies Mustangs (d'oh! I do associate with F$*# owners too) but if it can be that much better using factory 6cyl springs, I'm down for giving that a shot! (pun intended!)

    -Eagle
    if u do the 6 cyl springs it will lower the back of your car a little bit (not exactly sure how much)

    so id recomend cutting 1/2 or a full coil off your front springs to even it out.

    not sure exactly how much to cut either, just guessed... maybe someone else on here can suggest that

  4. #124
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    if u do the 6 cyl springs it will lower the back of your car a little bit (not exactly sure how much)

    so id recomend cutting 1/2 or a full coil off your front springs to even it out.

    not sure exactly how much to cut either, just guessed... maybe someone else on here can suggest that
    It all depends on the car......We have had some that sit level still and other that were a inch lower in the rear.
    I would ONLY cut 1/4 coil at a time!! I learned that the hard way.
    Make sure you put some type of weight in the car to as if you were sitting in it to get accurate measurements.
    Anyways put them in and just see how it sits.......

  5. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    dont worry about it
    Age
    30
    Posts
    238

    Red
    01 Z28

    man just throw the bottle on that thing u will love it, as long as u set it up safe ur golden. i have been running a 100 shot for two years no problems at all

  6. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    dont worry about it
    Age
    30
    Posts
    238

    Red
    01 Z28

    make sure u change your plugs often though some people just let it go for a while

  7. #127
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED


  8. #128
    Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    47
    Posts
    92

    Silver
    '00 TransAm WS/6

    I'll just add my 2 cents.

    I put a dry system on my '98 TransAm (with automatic). It made it a bit quicker. I think it was jetted for 75hp.

    After I had my '00 WS/6 for about a year, I decided it was time to move the system over. I rejetted it for 150hp (approx 500hp total). I went to a local shop to get the tank filled, and one of the guys there wanted to come along to the track (Pomona Raceway). Sure, why not. I staged with the NOS off (switch on the dash). I hit the switch so it was enabled once I got to the start line. I floored it, and after about 20 feet, the RPM's jumped up. I got off the gas and tried again. Again, no added forward speed, but now I could smell smoke. The radio was tuned so we could hear the announcer. We got the bad news quick "uh-oh, it looks like he has problems". We finished at a whopping 50mph. We pulled off the track, stopped, and there was smoke rolling out from the clutch.

    There's a delicate balance to everything in your car. When you start bumping up the power significantly, things can break. Lucky for me it was just the clutch. I bought a racing clutch (don't remember the brand or model, it's been a few years), and planned on doing it again sometime.

    I did use it a few more times, just fucking around. It (obviously) wasn't like on TV. Quicker, sure, but not shit my pants amazing.

    Rather than running with the NOS, I've made other changes to be quicker on the streets. Just little things. Better Y pipe, lightened flywheel, and improved the air flow from the nose to past the throttle body. I haven't used the NOS in quite a while, and really don't see a need to. The car performs beautifully, I don't need a bottle to feed my baby. If I want to play with someone, they're looking at my taillights in the distance.

    Unless you're racing on a regular basis, and plan on doing upgrades because you fuck things up, I'd recommend putting better stuff in than the NOS. What else could break? All kinds of things.

    My '82 Firebird started life with a 2.8 V6. I dropped a 4 bolt main 350 into it, and did some pretty serious mods to it. I was friendly with the shop that handled anything I couldn't do (usually a lack of the appropriate tools). One day the owner pointed out that my firewall had cracked. Why? Because there was too much torque, and it had flexed the body too many times. The doors started not closing right which was the more obvious problem. So, we had the body straightened, and welded in a cage and subframe connectors.

    Do you want to keep driving your car, or upgrade it until something major fails (like twisting the body beyond repair)? Right now, I'm very happy with my car. I can take uphill on-ramps like they're a straight flat road. If I need to pass on a 2 lane road, I'm past the car in front of me like I'm a blur rather than hanging out in the wrong lane. A few weeks ago, a guy in a heavily modified 4wd truck with a very obviously large turbo (it was screaming) wanted to play. I went 60 to 120 like he was standing still, and he laid off. I don't really *need* more power. I could put the NOS back on, but it's not worth it. The only thing I ever have to fill is my gasoline tank.

    Not to say my advice will make anyone not put NOS on. They'll likely learn the same lessons I've learned. Buy a nice car (like our F-bodies) and enjoy it for what it is with just a few mods. Don't destroy it trying to make a car that can break land speed records. I guess most importantly is, no matter how much time and money you drop into *your* car, there's always someone else who has a bigger budget and a faster car.

  9. #129
    - STOCK ish - Sarge91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fairhope, Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    779

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

    HSW Plate Kit, jetted for a 100 shot was the BEST mod i ever did.
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

  10. #130
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Little Falls, NY
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10

    black
    2000 ws6

    For me.... i thought 400 hp was really fast until I got beat by my buddies H&C z06. Now Im making 580 to the tires and pretty sure I wont have to worry about that again. I love nitrous

  11. #131
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    BACK FROM THE DEAD FOR THE EMPTY NITROUS THREAD

  12. #132
    Member lingenfelter69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    138

    BLACK
    2003 ZO6

    With all safety systems in place, what would happen if you are in a manuel and miss a shift. The rpm's would jump and the window switch would take over correct?

  13. #133
    Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fresno Ca
    Posts
    2,228

    LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

    Yes it will shut the n2o down. This is why a lot of people say window switch is a big plus for M6.
    12-13-10 I was there

  14. #134
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    i just read most of this thread....I must have been confused

    i thought nitrous was like a beautiful prostitute.....you really wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences

  15. #135
    Junior Member Bradley Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    2

    blue
    Mazda rx8

    Itís like getting some awesome acceleration in couple of seconds which cost some money and also itís dangerous.
    Last edited by Bradley Thomas; 10-06-2011 at 12:38 AM.

  16. #136
    Junior Member 99_pewterZ_A4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Smith Mills, KY
    Posts
    5

    Pewter
    99 Z/28

    My car went from running a 7.90 in the 1/8th to a 7.12. Hell yea it's worth it!!

  17. #137
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    i just read most of this thread....I must have been confused

    i thought nitrous was like a beautiful prostitute.....you really wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences
    nope its like a hot chick with an std you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences

  18. #138
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by JWSmythe View Post
    I'll just add my 2 cents.

    I put a dry system on my '98 TransAm (with automatic). It made it a bit quicker. I think it was jetted for 75hp.

    After I had my '00 WS/6 for about a year, I decided it was time to move the system over. I rejetted it for 150hp (approx 500hp total). I went to a local shop to get the tank filled, and one of the guys there wanted to come along to the track (Pomona Raceway). Sure, why not. I staged with the NOS off (switch on the dash). I hit the switch so it was enabled once I got to the start line. I floored it, and after about 20 feet, the RPM's jumped up. I got off the gas and tried again. Again, no added forward speed, but now I could smell smoke. The radio was tuned so we could hear the announcer. We got the bad news quick "uh-oh, it looks like he has problems". We finished at a whopping 50mph. We pulled off the track, stopped, and there was smoke rolling out from the clutch.

    There's a delicate balance to everything in your car. When you start bumping up the power significantly, things can break. Lucky for me it was just the clutch. I bought a racing clutch (don't remember the brand or model, it's been a few years), and planned on doing it again sometime.

    I did use it a few more times, just fucking around. It (obviously) wasn't like on TV. Quicker, sure, but not shit my pants amazing.

    Rather than running with the NOS, I've made other changes to be quicker on the streets. Just little things. Better Y pipe, lightened flywheel, and improved the air flow from the nose to past the throttle body. I haven't used the NOS in quite a while, and really don't see a need to. The car performs beautifully, I don't need a bottle to feed my baby. If I want to play with someone, they're looking at my taillights in the distance.

    Unless you're racing on a regular basis, and plan on doing upgrades because you fuck things up, I'd recommend putting better stuff in than the NOS. What else could break? All kinds of things.

    My '82 Firebird started life with a 2.8 V6. I dropped a 4 bolt main 350 into it, and did some pretty serious mods to it. I was friendly with the shop that handled anything I couldn't do (usually a lack of the appropriate tools). One day the owner pointed out that my firewall had cracked. Why? Because there was too much torque, and it had flexed the body too many times. The doors started not closing right which was the more obvious problem. So, we had the body straightened, and welded in a cage and subframe connectors.

    Do you want to keep driving your car, or upgrade it until something major fails (like twisting the body beyond repair)? Right now, I'm very happy with my car. I can take uphill on-ramps like they're a straight flat road. If I need to pass on a 2 lane road, I'm past the car in front of me like I'm a blur rather than hanging out in the wrong lane. A few weeks ago, a guy in a heavily modified 4wd truck with a very obviously large turbo (it was screaming) wanted to play. I went 60 to 120 like he was standing still, and he laid off. I don't really *need* more power. I could put the NOS back on, but it's not worth it. The only thing I ever have to fill is my gasoline tank.

    Not to say my advice will make anyone not put NOS on. They'll likely learn the same lessons I've learned. Buy a nice car (like our F-bodies) and enjoy it for what it is with just a few mods. Don't destroy it trying to make a car that can break land speed records. I guess most importantly is, no matter how much time and money you drop into *your* car, there's always someone else who has a bigger budget and a faster car.
    @ NOS its nitrous dude

    it has been my favorite mod to my car yet only thing is it is addicting and you think your car is slow with out it

  19. #139
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    nope its like a hot chick with an std you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences
    that rolls off the tongue a little better

  20. #140
    Junior Member sloroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    al
    Posts
    71

    black
    01 camaro ss

    Just installed the zex perimeter plate kit for the first time , took about 6 hours. Two fifty - four dollars a pound for nitrous. When i sprayed it for the first time started with a 100 shot made a pass and pulled one plug and look to see where i was at as far fuel, you can tell by the tip of plug should look like a brown paper bag in color hope this helps

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. nitrous nozzle setup cheap and various size nitrous hoses
    By RARON455 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 07:30 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 07:58 PM
  3. Direct Port Nitrous - Plumb Like A PRO - Nitrous Power!
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. Nitrous Oxide Systems - Say Yes To No - Nitrous Power!
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 02:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •