Black
    98 Camaro

What should I get?

I am running a 100 dry shot. I am looking to upgrade injectors and fuel pump, but am not sure what brand is best for each. 42# injectors are what i have been told to get, i just want some feedback on a brand for them, and for a good fuel pump. Thanks.

black
    1999 ss m6

subscribing, the walbro 255 seems popular but i know from my 5.0 mustang days that those fuel pumps can be unreliable and i dont want to be changing fuel pumps all the time...

Racetronix Fuel Pump Kit:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

Racetronix Fuel Injectors:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=331

Should be plenty for a big dry shot.

Matt

black
    1999 ss m6

there must be someone here who tunes ls1 and sprayed their car before and after headers, could you run more timing with the headers? how much more?

thanks!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Run a scanner and set it so you dont get an KR. No one can tell you specifically what to run. I can get about 21* out of my '02 (no headers) before I get any KR on spray... safe to stick in the <=20* range.

black
    1999 ss m6

perfect man, thanks! if you get headers would you mind updating me and letting me know if you can run more timing? seems like the headers should help the safety margin somewhat, i'm just not sure how much that is and if its worth it or not, i'm definately leaning to just spray it though, and i plan on having it tuned on the dyno professionally so should be about as safe as can be

you had any issues with the stock rear end yet at that power level? i'm sure the torque is probably unreal compared to stock...

Pewter
    2002 WS6

LOL, the TQ is definitely there! Check my sig. Bottle ended up being nearly empty... but you'll get the idea.

So far no issues with the rear end other than the classic whine that was there since the day I bought it. But I spray from 3000RPM in 1st - not straight out of the hole - so there is a little less shock on the car. My biggest complaint is my tires! Without a drag radial - you'll have next to no chance of putting all the power to the pavement!

-Eagle
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

black
    1999 ss m6

thanks guys, that is exactly what i needed,

one last question and then i spray this thing till it blows up!

are you still running the stock clutch? i'm wondering if i should budget for a clutch job sometime soon too

i'll be sure to post a vid too when i get it dynoed!

Black
    98 Camaro

Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch..

Thread Information