what shot in a forged 408?

This is a discussion on what shot in a forged 408? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This is a bit of a distant question but i want to get a bit idea of what i need ...

black
    98 z28 m6

what shot in a forged 408?

This is a bit of a distant question but i want to get a bit idea of what i need now. I plan on building my ls1 up to a 408. Ill have pretty much everything you can buy on the motor, flywheel, ud pulley, headers, exhaust, y, intake, lid, injectors, etc. In the motor i plan-forged pistons, forged rods, forged crank, afr heads, and a decently sized cam. What kind of shot will i be able to safely run with a motor like this? I know what exact cam may have a little to do with it but im just looking to get a general idea. Also i want to have this all set up so its going to be really hard to tell im spraying by looking under the hood. I know how i can do it with a wet kit but direct port has way too many lines and so does the direct fuel rail injection. I also know ill be able to get a bigger shot out of direct port/fuel rail but how much more? If i can run a 200 wet i think ill be happy.

I don't see a 200 shot being a problem. Usually it comes down to the pistons, the "off the shelf" forged are usually good to a 200 - 250 shot with custom nitrous pistons able to take a larger shot. On a 200 shot you could go either DP or dual nozzle/plate set up.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    This is a bit of a distant question but i want to get a bit idea of what i need now. I plan on building my ls1 up to a 408. Ill have pretty much everything you can buy on the motor, flywheel, ud pulley, headers, exhaust, y, intake, lid, injectors, etc. In the motor i plan-forged pistons, forged rods, forged crank, afr heads, and a decently sized cam. What kind of shot will i be able to safely run with a motor like this? I know what exact cam may have a little to do with it but im just looking to get a general idea. Also i want to have this all set up so its going to be really hard to tell im spraying by looking under the hood. I know how i can do it with a wet kit but direct port has way too many lines and so does the direct fuel rail injection. I also know ill be able to get a bigger shot out of direct port/fuel rail but how much more? If i can run a 200 wet i think ill be happy.

Thread Information