Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is it gonna take?

This is a discussion on What is it gonna take? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; anybody still responding to this thread? I too am interested in spraying my Z, she's an 02 with 82K on ...

Black
    02 Z28

anybody still responding to this thread?
    I too am interested in spraying my Z, she's an 02 with 82K on a bone stock setup. I plan to put about $3K into heads, a cam and refreshing the bottom end. As it is completely stock (right down to the paper filter) I anticipate another $1-2K in supporting mods and chasis components.
    After that I was considering forced induction... but judging from the numbers Mrr put up I might just go for the juice.
    What is the biggest power gain you can get outta' NOS, and what kind of internals will I need to accomidate that?
    Thanx guys!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Some guys here push 300HP+....

But you could get very close to that with a modest 2 stage plate setup without much in the way of internal engine work. I think to break thru to the 200HP shot range you really need to invest in a decent progressive controller (or go old school, wot switched 1st stage, push button on the 2nd stage).

Otherwise, sounds like you're going to have one HELLUVA ride with H/C/I mods + nitrous. Next spring I'm going to give the whole HC thing a try and see what kinda #'s I throw down with the 150 shot.

-Eagle

Black
    02 Z28

WOW! 2-300 HP gain?
    thats amazing!
    Think I'll focus on a H/C swap to make a mild street car (400-450 flywheel HP) then maybe get a sweet N2O setup to put around 530 to the asphalt. Anymore than that and I'll probably crap my pants...
    I'll be creating my own help thread later this summer when I'm done with the rest of the car.
    Thanx, I've definately decided to spray instead of force induction.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Make sure you're investing in a good tuning package like HPTuner Pro and a wideband... you're going to need that to support these mods without spending a trillion dollars getting your car tuned after each step of the way!

Just my $.02
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

Black
    02 Z28

about tuning...is there support @ any of the manufacturer web sites for custonm tunes? Can I input my setup in a program to figure what a good starting point would be, then read and adjust as necessary?
    I don't know much about tuning, and will need starting points. I will have the assistance of my machinist (I asked him when I wanted to have kids), so I'll have somebody around who knows what theyre doing. (just kidding about the kids, but I have had him over for lunch)

Pewter
    2002 WS6

No, it doesn't quite work like that unless you use a mail order PCM shop... but I dont really think that would be an economical choice if you're going to step up your build a few mods @ once.

-Eagle

Black
    02 Z28

Guess I'll look for a tuner (sure my machinest knows one) and tune for each setup.
    thanx for all the help, I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information