Thread: What to do

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

What to do

Hey people

I know nothing of nos but I know it works. I've been playing with the idea. Would it be the most cost effective way of kicking a Mustangs ass for the less money possible and safely.

2000 TA Tru Fiber WS9 hood Lid SLP only axle back ordered Yank 3200rpm stall I have the MSD wires and NGK Platinum plugs TR55 I think. I'm running 295/35/18's in the back Wide Ovals by Firestone .....

Ok I was thinking 100 shot just something to surprise the Mustang crew. It just anoying when I go to the track run a 13.33 hopefully in the 12's with my new stall and get wipped at 12.4 with an old 92 Mustang and he's saying he put 2 grand in it There's like 20 Mustangs for 1 TA or Camaro so .....

What would it cost me and I might only get 10 to 20 passes in a year I just want a good system safe that might bring me in the low 12's if possible without breaking the bank and is it the best way to do it ??

Should I do a cam headers and full exhaust????

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Hey people

I know nothing of nos but I know it works. I've been playing with the idea. Would it be the most cost effective way of kicking a Mustangs ass for the less money possible and safely.

2000 TA Tru Fiber WS9 hood Lid SLP only axle back ordered Yank 3200rpm stall I have the MSD wires and NGK Platinum plugs TR55 I think. I'm running 295/35/18's in the back Wide Ovals by Firestone .....
    You'll need the TR6s if you're wanting to spray. When in doubt, always go one step colder, so the #7s wouldn't be a bad idea. You'll need them if you go over 150 anyways. I've ordered 7s for mine, and I'm just on a 100 right now, wont be long until I'm at 150. I've sprayed it a few times without switching out for a colder plug. When I go get the bottle filled, I'll make sure to put in the 7s with new wires though. They say you need to back it off 2-4 degrees for a 150 shot. Each car will respond differently to any given kit, and your tuner will be able to read everything. Talk to your tuner and see what he says...

Ok I was thinking 100 shot just something to surprise the Mustang crew. It just anoying when I go to the track run a 13.33 hopefully in the 12's with my new stall and get wipped at 12.4 with an old 92 Mustang and he's saying he put 2 grand in it There's like 20 Mustangs for 1 TA or Camaro so .....
    I don't even wanna hear this crap...

I paid a thousand bucks for my '99, rebuilt trans, favorable gearing, intake, exhaust, boom boom system, whatever dude... Paid $550 for my nitrous kit with the purge and bottle heater. Paid $100 for MT DRs mounted and balanced on Z06 wheels that are in desperate need of being refinished. Sooo... if I stick it to 150, launch off the kit, and can hook up like crazy, in perfect DA, I'm breaking into the 11s... for what... $1650?

Hey, if you can find the deals out there, you can make a turd go fast, when people either need to get rid of cars/parts for money, or just don't care what they get for them....

What would it cost me and I might only get 10 to 20 passes in a year I just want a good system safe that might bring me in the low 12's if possible without breaking the bank and is it the best way to do it ??

Should I do a cam headers and full exhaust????
    We have sponsors on this site that won't sell you what you don't need. It costs money to sponsor here, and in order to keep customers coming back, you need to sell a quality product and offer help and advice when needed. So with that being said, any company on this site I wouldn't have a problem recommending. Follow their instructions, and you won't have any trouble. If you're curious about different setups, do a search, send a few people some PMs, you'll get the answers

Do you drive the car everyday? Is it just a weekend toy? Is it a nicer valued toy or something you got for a good deal, and plan on making it a guinea pig? What are your goals? Need more info to help ya out...

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

What is your budget? To me n2o is a power adder and not a cheap way of adding power, a good reliable and safe kit does cost a decent amount.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Great answers

No this is my baby 35 000 mileshoping to keep it 10 years I put 6000 miles and I drive it 7 months and then storage for the winter I think for the moment a Stall is on the way I will talk to sponsors and research more before buying

Thanks again

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

HSW I believe is still a sponsor on here, and one of the best from what I hear. I have their kit on my "hackjob of a car" and I'm more than thrilled with my few results I've been able to test with (bottle ran out)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    HSW I believe is still a sponsor on here, and one of the best from what I hear. I have their kit on my "hackjob of a car" and I'm more than thrilled with my few results I've been able to test with (bottle ran out)
    HSW is not currently a sponsor

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    HSW is not currently a sponsor
    My fault, sorry

Thread Information