Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

What is the diffrence between Wet Nos and Dry Nos

Hi I was very interested in adding a nos kit to my LS1 I wanted to see what the diffrences are between the two and which one is better. I was thinking a 100 shot.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    Hi I was very interested in adding a nos kit to my LS1 I wanted to see what the diffrences are between the two and which one is better. I was thinking a 100 shot.
    It refers to whether the nitrous passes through the manifold or not. Its a wet kit if it goes through the manifold. If it dry, it will be directly injected, after the manifold.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    It refers to whether the nitrous passes through the manifold or not. Its a wet kit if it goes through the manifold. If it dry, it will be directly injected, after the manifold.
    I one safer than another? and I heard the eldbrock dry kit is pretty good and under $600 on summit. what do you prefer?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    incorrect. it's whether or not the FUEL is injected with the nitrous before the throttle body, or if only nitrous is injected before the throttle body.

wet = nitrous and fuel through the nozzle before the throttle body.

dry = only nitrous through the nozzle before the throttle body.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    I one safer than another? and I heard the eldbrock dry kit is pretty good and under $600 on summit. what do you prefer?
    neither is any safer than the other.

go to our sponsor www.harrisspeedworks.com for killer prices. way better than edelbrock. matter of fact, they have a labor day special going on right now.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    incorrect. it's whether or not the FUEL is injected with the nitrous before the throttle body, or if only nitrous is injected before the throttle body.

wet = nitrous and fuel through the nozzle before the throttle body.

dry = only nitrous through the nozzle before the throttle body.
    Dang...I was close. Err--I mean...Thats what I meant to say.

I'm retarded...I'll go back to the non-Nitrous sections now.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

nice try.

98T/Aformula
    Ok wet is safer then dry due to the fact that it will inject gas and nirtous into the intake rather then just dry nitrous which your computer has to add the gas, alot more can go wrong with a dry....Take a look at the NX kit really high quality stuff evrything you want in a system...

Pewter
    02 Z28

allot of stuff can go wrong with a wet kit aswell like a fuel noid getting stuck and dont forget that backfires are usually nastier with a wet kit sure a tune can help you with backfires but not with the noids
    Last edited by Empatho; 08-31-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

98T/Aformula
    Quote Originally Posted by Empatho View Post

allot of stuff can go wrong with a wet kit aswell like a fuel noid getting stuck and dont forget that backfires are usually nastier with a wet kit
    Make sure to get a tune and will help prevent this, I have just always heard good things about a wet vs the dry...And so far I love the NX wet kit so thats all im sayin....

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

neither one is safer than the other..things can wrong with either set up. the only benefit from wet/dry is that you'll be able to run a higher shot safer with a wet kit.
    u should get tuned for juice wether if you install a wet kit or a dry kit and you'll want to make sure that your fuel system is up to the task of the extra hit...ie: injectors/fuel pump etc.
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

just got off the dyno with a wet kit and it runs amazing! however im changing to a dry because when the shot gets activated it takes teh fuel about half a second to catch up with the nitrous and runs very VERY lean. itwas running 14.3-14.4:1 which is about to explode! hahaah!

anyways once the fuel catches up it runs great 11.3-11.5 ratio all the way to red line... but im converting so it wont lean out. it feels like the car falls right on its face, then takes off very hard... tried to jump off the dyno!

well ive always been a wet kit guy, but now im converting. p.s. on a dry hit i recomend upping the injectors with a serious shot 150+ to compensate for the loss of fuel being injected on a wet kit.

Thread Information