Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wet vs. dry??? new @ N20

This is a discussion on wet vs. dry??? new @ N20 within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by shady milkman nos is a brand../nitrous oxide system....nitrous would be a better choice ..i'm just giving you ...

pewter
    02' Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    nos is a brand../nitrous oxide system....nitrous would be a better choice ..i'm just giving you a hard time
    Thanks, wrote that stuff when I was tired... but its pretty accurate stuff.

pewter
    02' Z28

It's nitrous, either setup, safety is up 2 u and your configuration. It's all about whats more convienent to u.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

The way im going to set up is a Zex 150 wet shot.
    Im going to have a purge kit, along with it automatically spray after its armed when car is at WOT, and it would not spray while in 1st gear at all.
    Another thing about the Zex kits is that if there is ever anything wrong in the system or anything, it would not spray until its fixed.
    With forged pistons, it seems like a pretty safe and reliable system.

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    The way im going to set up is a Zex 150 wet shot.
    Im going to have a purge kit, along with it automatically spray after its armed when car is at WOT, and it would not spray while in 1st gear at all.
    Another thing about the Zex kits is that if there is ever anything wrong in the system or anything, it would not spray until its fixed.
    With forged pistons, it seems like a pretty safe and reliable system.
    why not hsw? just curious

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

What can they offer that makes them unique?

We offer quite a bit of innovative products such as the ones below. If you have any questions about them, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Interface Nitrous Controller - Industry first dry nitrous controller. Controls both the timing and fueling for a dry kit post maf sensor. Previously the only ways to control this was a stand alone ecu.

MicroEDGE Nitrous controller - Industry first window switch, with built in smart technology. Offers a dual stage window switch, with TPS control. A feature packed a/f switch that will shut the nitrous off if it detects a lean condition on your stock narrowband sensor. If using a wideband sensor it will shut the nitrous off if its too rich or too lean. Also has a functional display to show a few readouts such as TPS voltage, voltage, and a/f. The MicroEDGE also features smart technology gear lock outs that can lock multiple gears out as well as lock certain stages out of gears (for example, you want no stages in 1st gear, 1 stage in 2nd, and 2 stages in 3rd, and 1 stage in 4th, its all possible). There are also built in delays as well.

Plates - Our plates feature a 360* conical spray pattern for less turbulent intake charge compared to single/multi port spray pattern plates. The use of the Interface controller also allowed us to offer another industry first...a dry nitrous plate. Also allows the end users to implement certain technology such as dry direct ports etc.

Components - We use the highest grades of aluminum and stainless steel in our kits, including the jets. There is no cheap brass or anything of the sort in our kits. If you open up any of our components you won't find cheaply made parts such as other manufacturers. We include properly gauged electrical wires, 40 amp relay, and an inline fuse with all of the kits. And any of the electrical connectors are heat shrinkable and weather tight to ensure you years of trouble free service. All levels of nitrous kits are now shipping with the large 3 port nitrous solenoid matched with the large fuel solenoid. This gives you room to grow instead of having to upgrade parts and components down the road. We also believe in giving people the biggest bang for the buck. Which is why, on most occasions, our pricing is better than the competition.

There are quite a few more, such as the Revolution bottle heater, quick release bottle opener, etc. Again if you have any questions please, feel free to contact me. Thanks!

Nick
    Last edited by Nick@HSW; 10-16-2008 at 07:38 AM.

pewter
    02' Z28

I've heard great results 4rm TNT kits as well.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@HSW View Post
    We offer quite a bit of innovative products such as the ones below. If you have any questions about them, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Interface Nitrous Controller - Industry first dry nitrous controller. Controls both the timing and fueling for a dry kit post maf sensor. Previously the only ways to control this was a stand alone ecu.

MicroEDGE Nitrous controller - Industry first window switch, with built in smart technology. Offers a dual stage window switch, with TPS control. A feature packed a/f switch that will shut the nitrous off if it detects a lean condition on your stock narrowband sensor. If using a wideband sensor it will shut the nitrous off if its too rich or too lean. Also has a functional display to show a few readouts such as TPS voltage, voltage, and a/f. The MicroEDGE also features smart technology gear lock outs that can lock multiple gears out as well as lock certain stages out of gears (for example, you want no stages in 1st gear, 1 stage in 2nd, and 2 stages in 3rd, and 1 stage in 4th, its all possible). There are also built in delays as well.

Plates - Our plates feature a 360* conical spray pattern for less turbulent intake charge compared to single/multi port spray pattern plates. The use of the Interface controller also allowed us to offer another industry first...a dry nitrous plate. Also allows the end users to implement certain technology such as dry direct ports etc.

Components - We use the highest grades of aluminum and stainless steel in our kits, including the jets. There is no cheap brass or anything of the sort in our kits. If you open up any of our components you won't find cheaply made parts such as other manufacturers. We include properly gauged electrical wires, 40 amp relay, and an inline fuse with all of the kits. And any of the electrical connectors are heat shrinkable and weather tight to ensure you years of trouble free service. All levels of nitrous kits are now shipping with the large 3 port nitrous solenoid matched with the large fuel solenoid. This gives you room to grow instead of having to upgrade parts and components down the road. We also believe in giving people the biggest bang for the buck. Which is why, on most occasions, our pricing is better than the competition.

There are quite a few more, such as the Revolution bottle heater, quick release bottle opener, etc. Again if you have any questions please, feel free to contact me. Thanks!

Nick
    But can't you get those for any systems?
    Im not trying to be an ass or anything.

No offense taken! Without a doubt yes you can 'add' them on. You asked what made us unique...and I feel those components put us on the map as being unique. There is nothing wrong at all with your choice in Zex. They make a great starter kit for those not looking to spray more than a 125 flywheel HP shot which is pretty easy to hook up. If you don't mind, I do have a question for you. In what scenarios will the Zex box not allow the system to activate? Thanks.

Nick

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well the main reason why I chose Zex is because I am a distributor for them.
    But I also came to them because I liked their price and the kits already come with WOT switch along with the active fuel control which monitors the bottle pressure keeping the motor not to be too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous. and then of course everything else has to be "added" onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Well the main reason why I chose Zex is because I am a distributor for them.
    But I also came to them because I liked their price and the kits already come with WOT switch along with the active fuel control which monitors the bottle pressure keeping the motor not to be too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous. and then of course everything else has to be "added" onto it.
    Again, I'm not trying to come off like a jerk or anything like that and I'm sure with you being a dealer, you get better pricing than most people do. However, if you take a look at retail prices, I think you'll notice that we are pretty competitive...our single nozzle dry kit goes for $299.99 and the wet nozzle kits sell for $399.99. Both of which now come with the large solenoids and all of our kits include a WOT switch. All I'm asking is for people to just take a look at the components included with our kits, that's all.

Let me ask you this, how does the active fuel control work? I think most people will be surprised when they find out the answer...Thanks.

Nick

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Hmm that is very interesting. I had no idea how much yours cost. I will be sending you a PM in a few minutes but for other people who are wondering what the active fuel control is a device that monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich, or too lean, when you engage the nitrous system.

The active fuel control all takes place within the nozzle. When spraying nitrous out of a wet nozzle a vacuum is pulled on the fuel side of the nozzle. This vacuum draws fuel out of the nozzle. The pressure of the nitrous will determine how much of a vacuum is pulled. Two things to think about...1) What if I told you 90% of the wet nozzles on the market pull a vacuum on the fuel side? 2) When playing with 58psi fuel pressure, how much do you think the vacuum matters? Just some food for thought, I'm not trying to say one is better than the other or anything like that. Just stating that active fuel control is not an external device, or any sort of electronics. Its simply the physics involved with a wet nozzle.

Nick

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Oh I see, im glad ur here.
    Always good to learn new information

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

HSW is good stuff. I started out with the sudden impact dry. I still have that as my 1st stage, but got a good deal on an NX wet kit and added that for my 2nd stage on a window switch.

black
    2001 WS.6

I am running the HSW dry plate and their interface and it works great. I have ls6 stage 2.5 heads and a TV2 cam. I can't wait to get it to the track.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

Okay 00maroz28... i'm not the most knowledgeable about nitrous but from what i know i'd also talk to nick@hsw.
    I've got a question for you nick- My buddy has a c5z06 witha cheap $400 125 wet shot system. It includes basically a bottle, soleniods, bracket, lines and a couple other things like a wot switch. That being said, he has no window switch, tune, pressure guage, or bottle heater.
    I told him if he missed a gear and hit the rev limiter or grabbed second too hard and spun to the rev limiter his engine would blow... he said i was bein a pu#sy... and he would'nt spin second because of traction control....
    all that for this question: doesn't the traction control z06 involve fuel cut just as it does in a f body, but the z06 also uses the rear brakes? i'm not very sure i just wanted to know. i appreciate it. I just need to prove someone wrong AND stress the importance of not going cheap and buying all the safety equipment for a nitrous system.

thanks nick

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    Okay 00maroz28... i'm not the most knowledgeable about nitrous but from what i know i'd also talk to nick@hsw.
    I've got a question for you nick- My buddy has a c5z06 witha cheap $400 125 wet shot system. It includes basically a bottle, soleniods, bracket, lines and a couple other things like a wot switch. That being said, he has no window switch, tune, pressure guage, or bottle heater.
    I told him if he missed a gear and hit the rev limiter or grabbed second too hard and spun to the rev limiter his engine would blow... he said i was bein a pu#sy... and he would'nt spin second because of traction control....
    all that for this question: doesn't the traction control z06 involve fuel cut just as it does in a f body, but the z06 also uses the rear brakes? i'm not very sure i just wanted to know. i appreciate it. I just need to prove someone wrong AND stress the importance of not going cheap and buying all the safety equipment for a nitrous system.

thanks nick
    Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Nick

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Nitrous

Direct port is best hands down.
    Dry = easiest to install
    Wet = more power than dry

The thing is with the ls1, the wet systems can puddle with the wet system. Making potentially more dangerous. I would go with a dry or direct port system.
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 11-06-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information