Thread: Wet kit or Dry?

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

Wet kit or Dry?

In your honest opinion, which would you recommend? I'm seriously considering one...

-Will

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

Thanks, I was just too lazy to search lol....

-Will

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by TARZAN
    Thanks, I was just too lazy to search lol....

-Will
    That's OK...jlsain post nekkid lil girl pictures for us to help folks out

Either a dry or wet kit is safe and reliable. I would make a decision based on how much you want to spray. 100 or under maybe a dry. If over a 100 maybe a wet kit. The downside to a dry kit is if you want to go up in HP, you might have to upgrade your injectors at a point. Going with a wet kit the injectors don't come into play, so it could be cheaper in the long run.

Matt

In your honest opinion, which would you recommend? I'm seriously considering one...

-Will

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
    Either a dry or wet kit is safe and reliable. I would make a decision based on how much you want to spray. 100 or under maybe a dry. If over a 100 maybe a wet kit. The downside to a dry kit is if you want to go up in HP, you might have to upgrade your injectors at a point. Going with a wet kit the injectors don't come into play, so it could be cheaper in the long run.

Matt

Yeah, I know about the injectors, and a dry kit, I run one on my mustang...

I was just curious, as to if there were an obvious advantage, for either kit, on an LS1 ...

I'll have to decide on how much I want to spray...not sure if I wanna stick to 100 or less, or 125 or more lol...

Thanks,

-Will

No, not really. Both will preform the same when jetted the same. On a dry kit you usually won't get the "torque spike" that you do with a wet kit. You can't go wrong with either kit.

Matt

Yeah, I know about the injectors, and a dry kit, I run one on my mustang...

I was just curious, as to if there were an obvious advantage, for either kit, on an LS1 ...

I'll have to decide on how much I want to spray...not sure if I wanna stick to 100 or less, or 125 or more lol...

Thanks,

-Will

Dark Shadow Grey
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra

For a small 100 shot nothing beats the simple pre mass air flow kits, like the NOS 5177. Anything bigger than 125-150 shot and you need to start considering a fuel pump and injectors for the dry shot, and a fuel pump for the wet shot.

Bright Red
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Go with the wet kit for any serious amount of power.

samdogmx
    I agree go with a wet kit... wet kits are easy & safer & you dont have to worry about maxing out your injectors

Dark Shadow Grey
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by samdogmx
    wet kits are easy & safer

I laugh every time I hear the argument that wet is safer than dry, or vice versa

samdogmx
    Quote Originally Posted by itstock

I laugh every time I hear the argument that wet is safer than dry, or vice versa

why is that? IMO i would rather add the fuel so i KNOW for sure its not gona be running lean, rather than hoping the MAF & injectors can keep up with the extra demand.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt be against running a small (50-75) dry shot. But anything more than that I would rather run a wet shot.

No need to hope, you can log you injector duty cycle and see where you are at.

Matt

why is that? IMO i would rather add the fuel so i KNOW for sure its not gona be running lean, rather than hoping the MAF & injectors can keep up with the extra demand.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt be against running a small (50-75) dry shot. But anything more than that I would rather run a wet shot.

Dark Shadow Grey
    2003 Ford Mustang Cobra

How do you KNOW you are adding ENOUGH fuel? The same argument goes both ways, so don't think I am sticking up for the dry kit. I simply KNOW that one kit is just as "safe" as the other, or "unsafe". Here is my first post on the topic...

For a small 100 shot nothing beats the simple pre mass air flow kits, like the NOS 5177. Anything bigger than 125-150 shot and you need to start considering a fuel pump and injectors for the dry shot, and a fuel pump for the wet shot.
    Don't forget about that fuel pump for wet or dry.

Thread Information