Black
    1968 Mustang LS6

Tricker circuits

I've been doing some reading about these circuits, but most of what I am seeing is their use with dry shots. Can these be used with wet shots in a system that uses WOT instead of an actual "trigger" button? Also can anyone explain how the extra resistance of the circuit actually adjusts the timing? Sorry if this is basic stuff, just trying to learn.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I am curious about this as well

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Sponsor "Frost" makes a plug in play box. Ive got one and it works great, the only thing is for them to work correctly you have to have some computer tuning done. It works by "modifying" the signal from the IAT sensor. It tricks to the computer into thinking the IAT's are hotter than what they are causing the computer to reduce ignition timing to prevent spark knock.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Black
    1968 Mustang LS6

Can you notice a delay in timing reduction when you hit WOT or is it an immediate drop?

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Its immediate, but the way I have mine wired so that the module is activated when I flip the arming switch.

Black
    1968 Mustang LS6

I thought that they were always "active" and when WOT occurs the relay closes the switch and lowers timing. I guess with your way, you'd never have to worry about the off chance of a stuck relay that reduces timing under n/a situations. Right?

NBM
    2002 Camaro

No, the one that I have has a built in relay that when you arm the kit it also arms the "timing module" and reduces timing so it doesnt affect your timing unless you are spraying.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

So basically it's some resistors that trick the IAT to think it's hot, thus using the heat soak table to reduce timing? If so that is a great idea, never thought of that. So you have yours rigged to a switch so you only have reduced timing when you want to spray?

Black
    1968 Mustang LS6

this is great. I learned a better way to hook this thing up. The way I was initially running my circuit I may have been cutting timing at wot all the time regardless of the spray. thanks

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    So basically it's some resistors that trick the IAT to think it's hot, thus using the heat soak table to reduce timing? If so that is a great idea, never thought of that. So you have yours rigged to a switch so you only have reduced timing when you want to spray?
    That is correct.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post

That's how you do it without software. With software you put the reading to -40 (cells are 0 OEM) and take away timing only at high load areas (so only WOT even though the module is active) and you can take away any amount you want.

If you have an 01-02 OS on your PCM (99-00's can be flashed as 01-02s) you can also modify the fuel component at WOT. No more jet swaps/nozzle location changes to dial in WOT AFR and the changes don't interfere with WOT N/A AFR..

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    That's how you do it without software. With software you put the reading to -40 (cells are 0 OEM) and take away timing only at high load areas (so only WOT even though the module is active) and you can take away any amount you want.

If you have an 01-02 OS on your PCM (99-00's can be flashed as 01-02s) you can also modify the fuel component at WOT. No more jet swaps/nozzle location changes to dial in WOT AFR and the changes don't interfere with WOT N/A AFR..
    Are you talking about the IAT Spark Advance Correction table? I'm not sure what you mean by adjusting it to -40, mine only goes to -25 and I wouldn't think you would want to adjust anywhere in that table to -40. I think I'm just confused.

Is OS = operating system? I have a 98 so I don't have the PE add vs. IAT table, still jet changing for me lol.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

-40 is the resistive value in degF... it puts all of the IAT tables at their minimums.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Ok, I got you now

Thread Information