Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

safest!!

This is a discussion on safest!! within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; north of cincy...

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

north of cincy

Navy Blue
    1998 Formula Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I am not going to answer that question because I do not know, but like everybody else is saying if you want it to work and not blow skyhigh then a tune is a must. Expecially when you start upgrading the fuel section on your car, spray is considered a forced induction and what do you do with every other forced induction you put on your car you have to get a tune all goes hand and hand.

wet shot is n20+fuel, dry shot is just n20. and Nitrous is a "power adder" but i cant say i have every heard it called forced induction, because....well....its not. Turbo/Superchargers "force" air into the motor, and nitrous has no effect on how the air flows. The location of the MAF is irrelevant. You can install either style jet wherever you choose to in the intake. My personal opinion, is that with how sensitive and easily damaged/contaminated MAF's are it is better to install it after either way, or just have your car converted to speed density. As far as fuel upgrades, i have been running about 125 shot on my motor, (stock rail,injectors and pump) with no fuel shortage problems, i actually run a little larger than normal fuel jet, because a little rich is "safer" than running lean. as far as the necessity of a tune, if you are like me, and just occasionally use it, it isnt really all that necessary. Yeah you may blow a little smoke, or get about 5-10 hp less than the optimal performance of your kit, but i guess you just have to decide how much that last little bit is worth (the $/HP ratio). I have heads that i shaved the shit out of, and mild cam, and i have gone through 10-12 bottle in 6 months, and aside from changing plugs, just because i thought i should, not because it was running bad, i have had zero complications. if you havent ever had a car with n20 before i would definitely recommend starting small, because i started with about a 75 shot, and let me tell you, i surprised the hell outta me. but if you start slow and just change pills little by little, you will get to a good safe place in no time. also, recommended jets arent 100% perfect, find what is good and get 2 or 3 sizes both ways and just try them out. I am by no means an expert on this either, but this is just what i have learned from m personal experience with it.

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

Starting small with 75hp jets is what i planned to do and then work my way up. I did have a 125hp kit on my Cuda years ago but it is carburated. I haven't used nitrous on a fuel injected compter controlled vehicle before. Thanks for the info and your input. Its always better to talk to people that have used it to find out about their experiences. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information